• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can only choose one system to play for the rest of your life, which one?

I am shocked to say this.. the Wii U.

I can play most Zelda games on it.

I actually just noticed this the other day while looking at my Wii U library and then checking VC. Outside of LBW, BoTW, Oracles and 4 Swords you can play pretty much all of them. I was shocked. I may be missing one or two, but seriously you can play damn near every one.

Cragor

Neo Member
PC

With the amount of f2p games that come out every year, and mmos being one of my favorite genres, i would never run out of games to play.

PC if it counts as a system, Wii U if you can mod em, BC PS3 if no mods allowed. Seriously, Wii U's back catalog is insane with mods.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
PC if it counts. Even with no upgrades allowed going forward (to make it more like a console for this comparison) you can't beat it's backwards compatibility, emulation options or the huge library across Steam, GOG etc.

If only consoles, I guess 360. I started gaming for real with NES (a tiny bit of Atari before but was too young to really get into it) but games older than last gen just mostly haven't aged well for me.

PS4 may pass it if you ask this again after this gen is done and I have the full library to consider. But for now, PS4 hasn't passed the 360 library for my tastes.

Servbot24

Banned
PC of course.

If that's not allowed, then PS4 since I can download a ton of old games.

If that's not allowed and we're talking only current titles... probably GameCube.

Danneee

PS2 or Dreamcast. Probably PS2 because of the totally massive and diverse library.

Eh, I'll just say PS2. Can't play Sega Rally 1 on a Dreamcast:(

If emulators are allowed on PC, then PC.

Otherwise, n3DS.

Ya'll choosing consoles that a later console is backwards compatible with are gonna have to explain yourselves though. Like, you're aware that you can play every Gamecube gave ever on the Wii, correct? Plus every Wii game and about 30 years worth of digital content.

gngf123

PC, obviously.

If Emulation doesn't count and we are assuming upgrades are excluded too, then still PC. The library of games is frankly untouchable even if multiple consoles were allowed.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Wii U, easily.

One box plays:
  • Wii U Retail Software
  • Wii U eShop Software
  • Wii U Virtual Console
  • Wii Retail Software
  • Wiiware
  • Wii Virtual Console

That's a bunch of games to have access to. I doubt I'd ever finish 'em all.

Synth

Wii U, easily.

One box plays:
  • Wii U Retail Software
  • Wii U eShop Software
  • Wii U Virtual Console
  • Wii Retail Software
  • Wiiware
  • Wii Virtual Console

That's a bunch of games to have access to. I doubt I'd ever finish 'em all.

The "only it's own games" rule used to stop PC utterly running away with this, also kinda kneecaps consoles like Wii U and PS3.

I'd have to build myself a PC and good some good emulators.

talking stricty "consoles" i'd my 60GB PS3; would be able to play PS1/PS2/PS3 game

mine still works :)

Even when emulators don't count, PC still wins by having ports from every console generation made for it, and is now getting 90% of all games that aren't made by Sony or Nintendo.

I was PC Only until I got the PS3, my first ever console. Now I still like consoles when I want a closed down experience with no cheating or modding (or Sony exclusives), but I'm going PC for most third party games.

AdanVC

SNES. I don't give a damn about pretty graphics or first person shooters. Good pixel art with top notch gameplay and nice music is my jam (I should had choose NeoGeo for that as well) But yeah, SNES is my pick.

If we're just strictly talking based on the library of games produced exclusively for that system and not backwards compatibility/virtual console games, then my answer has to be the Super Nintendo.

More of my all-time favorite games as well as games I wish I had played came out for the SNES than for any other system.

Top Bottom