• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You own the rights to a franchise and can create 1 game in it. What do you choose?

13ruce

Banned
2D Castlevania with the creators of hollow knight and i would hire iga to direct it.

Also i would give em a good budget + extra devs if needed.

Bloodborne 2

Bigger budget, 3 years of development time, lead by Miyazaki and the A team (including Dark Souls 1's level designer), no other title or DLC in the making, everyone is fully concentrated. (Also, Tanimura is not involved.)

The lore is NOT related to BB1 at all, it's a new universe with new characters and new lore.

I always say this, but Jeff Smith's BONE comic.

It was turned into a couple of games by Telltale back in the early 2000s I believe, but it wasn't great IMO. I'd like to see a fully open world RPG/adventure game set in the valley. Or a 2D animation inspired platforming game, complete with multi-level backgrounds and all.

ab69c15b14b812d447c9b02ad18cb09e.jpg

0597c367b9a80fb389aab9f03e658f6e.jpg

Bone%2038%20(Jeff%20Smith%20Regular%20Cvr).JPG

6e0ff0bf8fe9eabaeb4da6c2c102c06d--cartoon-books-comic-books.jpg

There's so much here that could work as a game, I have hope that once the movie finally releases we'll get the BONE game we deserve.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Harry Potter RPG with CD Projekt RED.

would love it! i miss the harry potter games and have always wanted an open world RPG harry potter game. OOTP/HBP kinda let you explore Hogwarts on your own which i loved.

or a new Quidditch World Cup game under the EA Sports brand. not sure what developer though.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Fallout Lonestar.

Set in the central Texas wasteland this game (like GTAV) would follow 3 protagonists each with their own story and fallout 4 sized landmass to explore. The story would be closer to Game of Thrones than the typical fallout story. Throughout the games interweaving story the player would switch POV characters.

Character 1 would be a vault security officer chosen by the vault's AI to trek across central texas and find a vault tech bunker capable of unlocking the vault so that the inhabitants inside (including your family) do not suffocate from lack of power and air. Expect typical Vaultech high jinks as the savior, and their companion. a very recognizably named courier, visits Crater Station (College Station), Washington on the Brazos (Capitol of the Republic of Texas) and eventually the outskirts of an irradiated, and sunken, Houston, Texas where a mysterious super mutant army is forming.

Character 2 would be a Brotherhood of the steel initiate stationed out of what is left of the last free city in the south, Waco, Texas. An uneasy truce between the Republic of Texas and the Brotherhood has given the tech hunters the time to search for a hidden bunker of technology located somewhere near Ft. Hood. Join them and rise up in their ranks while fighting off the invading Legion that seeks control of Texas and its salt water ports.

Character 3 would be a Texas Ranger that is fighting off gangs of roving bandits funded and kitted by the Legion in an effort to bring stability to the area. Eventually uncover the Brotherhood's plan to plunder Ft Hoods tech and undermine their treaty with The Republic of Texas. This conflict comes to a head at the Battle of Three Armies as both The Republic of Texas and The legion lay siege to the Brotherhood Forts in and around Waco while simultaneously fighting each other.

So yeah, only the most ambitious video game ever made :p .

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Dino Crisis

Make a game out of it that plays similar to The Last of Us, meaning same controls and similar gameplay (a lot of stealth). I'd set the game in some kind of compound that is semi-open world. Kinda like Arkham Asylum. Meaning you can more or less freely explore the whole compound without being able to exit it.

Main enemies should be humans with dinosaurs prowling the compound. So you'd have to very stealthy when taking out enemies in order to not alert the dinosaurs.

So that's like the base game. But of course I'd litter the game with big set pieces where you also fight dinosaurs. I'd have some cool scenes in mind like getting out of an underwater station while it's being attacked by a Megalodon, stalking around a T-Rex or like a driving section that is being attacked by T-Rex's. You know, some epic shit to spice things up.

Yeah, that would be something I'd like to so see one day.

Dr. Buni

Give me the rights to the Zero Escape series, so I can delete Zero Time Dilemma and even Virtue's Last Reward from existence.

VLR was actually not bad, just not a great sequel to the first game.

I still think the sequel bait in 999 and the two sequels were 100% unnecessary and only messed up the story of the first game.

Not everything needs sequels =(

I want to say Mass Effect, but I'd rather have a Star Trek RPG in the mold of The Mandate (which fell apart):
The reason that the death of The Mandate stings is that it's initial Kickstarter pitch was fantastic. The 'Game at a Glance' page gives a good idea, but in short it was a futuristic space RPG with internal ship battles like XCOM and external ship battles like Star Trek Online, with a story inspired by Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek where you could get to know your crew before taking them into battle and exploring a open universe. They'd even cast veteran actor David Bradley (Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, the next Doctor Who Xmas special). It seemed too good to be true, and apparently it was.
The-Mandate-Battles.jpg

The-Mandate-Space-Battles.jpg

Not sure what the story would be, but it'd either be a Klingon centric story or if it has to be about the Federation again, then the protagonist is not a human. That shit's ultra boring.

Maybe expand the combat options to fighting on the ground and it could be a Star Trek: Away Team spiritual sequel.

ShadoWRW

Neo Member
1080. I would gather the old team that made 1080 avalanche to create 1080 avalanche 2 or something along those lines

BouncyFrag

Knights of the Old Republic 3 and get Obsidian and CD Projekt Red on it. When this goes well they can move on to an Emperor/Yoda origins style game.

GodofWine

Warhawk, and I just port it to PS4 (which should make it playable for the next generation too), and to PC and enable crossplay and I give it away for free because Im a good dude and people should play Warhawk.

Van Bur3n

Fallout. I'll teach you fools how to make a proper Fallout game. Lord knows you sure as shit don't know how, Bethesda.

Fallout Lonestar.

Set in the central Texas wasteland this game (like GTAV) would follow 3 protagonists each with their own story and fallout 4 sized landmass to explore. The story would be closer to Game of Thrones than the typical fallout story. Throughout the games interweaving story the player would switch POV characters.

Character 1 would be a vault security officer chosen by the vault's AI to trek across central texas and find a vault tech bunker capable of unlocking the vault so that the inhabitants inside (including your family) do not suffocate from lack of power and air. Expect typical Vaultech high jinks as the savior, and their companion. a very recognizably named courier, visits Crater Station (College Station), Washington on the Brazos (Capitol of the Republic of Texas) and eventually the outskirts of an irradiated, and sunken, Houston, Texas where a mysterious super mutant army is forming.

Character 2 would be a Brotherhood of the steel initiate stationed out of what is left of the last free city in the south, Waco, Texas. An uneasy truce between the Republic of Texas and the Brotherhood has given the tech hunters the time to search for a hidden bunker of technology located somewhere near Ft. Hood. Join them and rise up in their ranks while fighting off the invading Legion that seeks control of Texas and its salt water ports.

Character 3 would be a Texas Ranger that is fighting off gangs of roving bandits funded and kitted by the Legion in an effort to bring stability to the area. Eventually uncover the Brotherhood's plan to plunder Ft Hoods tech and undermine their treaty with The Republic of Texas. This conflict comes to a head at the Battle of Three Armies as both The Republic of Texas and The legion lay siege to the Brotherhood Forts in and around Waco while simultaneously fighting each other.

So yeah, only the most ambitious video game ever made :p .

I puked.

souppboy

Neo Member
An XCOM game with first party mascots and characters. Banjo, Crash, Mario and Others have to team up to take on a threat that endangers not only our world, but all worlds.

I want Miyamoto, Neil Druck and firaxis collaborating

Pejo

Gurren Lagann because it deserves a game and will never get one.

I'm for this, what genre would you make it?

For my answer, the same as it always is for this type of thread - Panzer Dragoon, and I'd create Panzer Dragoon VR. Could switch between standard 3rd person controls with controller aiming, or 1st person mode where you aim by moving your head around. Would be fucking awesome, but I'd have to nail the music.

Banned
Mass Effect.

I build a team of experienced devs, not junior staff. I give them four years. They make a true successor to the Shepard trilogy. We pretend Andromeda never happened.

Jawmuncher

If I had won that billion lottery awhile back. You'd bet your ass I'd have went to capcom about making a new Dino Crisis and I'd totally be in some sort of advisory role for it.

Top Bottom