• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You own the rights to a franchise and can create 1 game in it. What do you choose?

ASaiyan

Banned
An XCOM game with first party mascots and characters. Banjo, Crash, Mario and Others have to team up to take on a threat that endangers not only our world, but all worlds.
Would you take Mario, Rabbid Mario, and Rabbid Peach instead?
e3-2017-check-out-16-photos-of-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle_sx6x.640.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
StarCraft is probably due for a genre switch as it stands. I'd get the RTS team together with some from the Overwatch team and try to adapt the franchise into a game type similar to C&C Renegade's online mode, only a bit more focused and polished. RTS/shooter hybrid where players get income to make what they want, can use created vehicles, bases can be destroyed, etc. I've never seen it really attempted in that way since Renegade but my friends and I had a blast with that game. Feel like there's a ton of unexplored potential with that idea.

savage 1 and 2 did it really well could play with 127 players either split with 1v1 armies or 1v1v1 armies 1 player per team played as a commander and they played the game like a normal rts while everyone else played as the units and siege weapons really wish more games were made in the online rts/fps genre

as for what i would want id take warhammer and make a mount & blade styled game

A Person 4 game where the Scooby gang has separated years ago and they're all now adults, but need to come back to reckon with the return of the fog. They have to deal with disillusionment, adulthood, each other's spouses, previous relationships, and how they measure up to what they thought they were going to be back when they first got together as a group.

Think Stephen King's It meets Persona 4.

KJRS_1993

Total Annihilation, it would be the in-between point of the slightly over-complicated Supreme Commander and the overly stripped down Supreme Commander 2.

WWE

Hire Syn Sophia (formerly AKI) and give them as much time, money, and man power they need. Would also make sure they had tools included for the community to design wrestlers, venues, storylines, match type logic, etc.

Order 1886, I make an Xcom style game in that universe... Management+sRPG, steampunk science vs supernatural threats.

Yeah, despite having very low opinion of the game, I think setting can be salvaged.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Max Payne 4 starring Mona Sax.

I'd get everyone from Remedy and Rockstar who worked on Max Payne 2 and 3 on it. Sam Lake would be the lead. It would include Multiplayer.

Banjo 3, so i would actually put insomniac on this one and get kirkhope on to do the music, as well as bringing on other guys from that era of rare to consult and work on some of the writing. Visually, i would keep it close to nuts and bolts, but round out the blockiness by a little bit. I would make sure that structurally, its closer to banjo kazooie, densly packed worlds as opposed to large open expansive ones. We learned from yooka laylee that its not enough to just make a 3d platformer in 2017. Mario odyssey shows us that new exciting mechanics will keep this concept fresh, so i would make sure banjo has plenty of new moves and movement options throughout the 8-10 worlds. Collectibles would be kept at kazooie levels, so 100 notes, 10 jiggies, and 5 ginjos per world. However getting these jiggies will be about utilizing your moves more so that doing a timed challenges. I would sell the game at 40 dollars and market it heavily by pulling at n64 nostalgia. I would also put out a demo to make sure it gets maximum exposure

TheSun

Mass Effect.

Imma fund a wasteland/fallout style game. I personally the setting could work with that kind of game play.

Too bad.

Solidsoul

Banned
I'd create a Halo game taking place during the events of the book Halo: Contact Harvest. You'd play as a standard marine without shields through 10 campaign levels. You'd get a more typical human soldier set of abilities and you'd be very grounded as opposed to Spartans or even the ODST's.

What would make the game interesting is that you'd be primarily fighting insurrectionist's for 40-50% of the game until the twist came where covenant start dropping into the battle zone and they are introduced as a new foe Halo 1 Flood style, you then get to progress the rest of the game fighting these terrifying aliens side by side with the very insurrectionists you tried to kill, but now as allies.

I wouldn't market it as a prequel or anything, just a side project. It'd be a typical first person shooter, just built a little more like military shooters to fit the concept of playing as a standard marine. I'd also disregard anything canocal that's related to 343 or their version of the lore.

Ploid 3.0

Final Fantasy.

I'd make Final Fantasy XI Remaster Co-op. Gambit system, new companion team members, taking the place of Trusts. Drop in and out co-op online mp like Diablo 3, up to 5 friends can join your party.

This game would be my game of forever. So many classes to max out, party compositions, solo challenges (just my character with no party). Heaven.

MaDKaT

Jet Moto

Same vein as the first 2 games. Brightly colored and clean, not gritty. Heavy emphasis on environmental physics(especially water). Lots of customization(chassis, engine class, fairings and wings, grapple type, rider, etc...). A trick system (ATV Offroad fury/Pure/Downhill domination esque). Vehicle/evironment damage ala burnout or motorstorm. Maybe a large island or similar open large area ranging from coast to desert, tropic to arctic and things between. Well laid out tracks but maybe something akin to ssx 3 and a full run from top to bottom. Lots of spectacle and similarly light hearted as SSX. Local split screen and online.

Linkark07

Banned
Theme Hospital. Or the Theme series, if that exists.

Loved Theme Hospital and Theme Park as a kid. They were entertaining, funny and challenging.

If I was put in charge of the Paper Mario franchise I would have the team drop all elements from Sticker Star and Color Splash and make a true follow up to The Thousand Year Door that brings back the original battle system and partners.

If I was feeling insane, I'd bring in Double Fine to co-develop the game.

Half Life 3 as a Switch exclusive, just because it would be hilarious to see the reactions to it.

Honestly, though I'd get an open world one piece pirate game made. Make your own character in the world of one piece and set off on your journey to becoming the pirate king.

You could have so many different ways to play, make your own crew, join an already established pirates crew or join the marines. Do you choose to take the risk and consume a devil fruit or play it safe and just focus on improving a standard combat style? A proper pirate game in the world of One piece has so much potential imo.

It's a game I've been wishing would be made for years now, doesn't seem like it will be though.

Jon Armdog

I would get the rights to Dragons Dogma, and get the Elder Scrolls Skyrim team to do a remake or sequel. My explicit instructions would be to leave the combat, skills system, and other core gameplay aspects 100% intact. But, to greatly expand the world, enemies, lore, etc to Skyrim levels.

Then, I would play this game and its mods until I die.

jose1

I would go for Extreme G. XGRA is one of my favorite racing games on the gamecube. I would love to see a new entry in the series.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Since a One Piece pirate game, DragonsDogma2 and Jet Moto have all been mentioned....

I'd take that Warhammer40K license, SpaceMarine gameplay and the open world of MadMax and basically make a multi-faction war.

IG are in a city in one corner with almost unlimited reinforcements coming every 10 minutes lets say and working towards establishing enough ground in the map to convince Imperial Navy to drop Baneblades and other heavy artillery..

Chaos are in the next corner over in a hidden temple with underground passages to the city - recruiting their acolytes and cultists from the city that IG are protecting and the ranks of IG itself - eventually summoning daemons and shit

Orks are in another corner after crashing a space hulk and they just starting doing that Waaaaahg! shit real... REAL good. You have a lot of Ork fighting other Orks at the beginning and you constantly have to keep shifting and fighting to keep your forces focused and not fighting each other. Your power and army size would shift and shrink and grow depending on how much you had going on at the time. Warboss status would be there and you would be scary af

and of course - last corner - Space Marine. You land with 50 Marines for the whole game and like 8 Rhinos and some other gear. As you (naturally) lose marines the priority of the fight for the Astartes goes up so they let you into more and more artifacts - Ending with you in a Land Raider with a bodyguard of Terminators and a fuckin Force Hammer.

Put em all in a pot. Stir everyone together. Make a billion dollars.

Cepheus

Half-Life 3.

More seriously, an Arc System Works Vs SNK Vs Capcom game in the style of SNK 2.

Smash Bros 5 on the Switch. Half the Fire Emblem characters replaced with Mother characters, no obvious clones, a story mode, tripping, items cannot be disabled.

Top Bottom