• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You won't believe what happened to this undocumented Trump supporter

norm9

From http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-minister-deported-20170630-story.html the LA Times
Jorge Ramirez, an Oceanside minister and immigrant who is in the country illegally, didn’t think he would end up in line for deportation when he encouraged his U.S. citizen daughter to vote for now-President Trump.

In an interview at the Otay Mesa Detention Center, Ramirez — who said he holds conservative religious beliefs and considers himself a Republican — explained that Border Patrol agents picked him up after staking out his house early one May morning.

Ramirez said he does not know why he was targeted for removal from the U.S. The Trump administration has said that it is focusing on immigrants with criminal records and those who previously have been ordered deported. Ramirez said he falls into neither category.

“Trump said, ‘Let’s keep all the good people here and all the bad people out,’” Ramirez said.

“That’s great, but I’m here,” Ramirez said of his detention. “I’m not saying I’m the best person in the world, but I’ve tried to live a good life.”

He said he supports the Republican agenda on both fiscal and social issues and that he still supports Trump.

“Everything that he’s said against immigrants — it’s not that I’m in favor, but bad people don’t belong here,” Ramirez said. “In order to make America great, you have to have people contributing to this country.”

Ramirez said he also encouraged his youngest daughter to volunteer with the campaign of Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Vista).

“I’m USA all the way,” Ramirez said. “It’s that American spirit. It just gets into you.”

Ramirez believes that going to immigration detention is part of God’s plan for him. He prayed for a way to sort out his immigration status not long before he was arrested by Border Patrol.

“He’s the kind of immigrant America seeks to have,” Salazar said.

960x540

Read this article this morning. I don't know anymore with these people.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deport me as part of god's plan if old.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
dat clickbait title...I already saw this on the news few days ago...you get what you deserve voting for trump

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The mindset of a good chunk of Republican voters.
"It won't effect me, just the others"

bionic77

Crazy how some women and minorities think that the right will only target the bad ones.

Stupidity is truly one of the things that binds all of us together.

Why yes, I can totally believe that would happen.

This. Trump never gave a fuck about you, Christianity, your family or anything else. He was a bigot and he was supported by bigots. Of course this was gonna happen. Trump used you. The GOP used you. And both will continue to do so as long as it props up white supremacy. Sooner you internalized that the better.

He was forced to "encourage" his daughter to do his dirty work for him. He was that invested in supporting a piece of shit that would happily break up his family in a heartbeat.

What an ass.

norm9

I'm surprise he's that serious about God's plan.

giphy.gif

These people are nuts.

He was forced to "encourage" his daughter to do his dirty work for him. He was that invested in supporting a piece of shit that would've happily break up that family in a heartbeat.

What an ass.

Agreed. Infecting his kids by indoctrinating them to the views of a madman like Trump and Issa is even worse than his stupidity.

You stupid fuck. "Bad people" was anyone not white. How did you not get that.

He said he supports the Republican agenda on both fiscal and social issues and that he still supports Trump.

Yeah. Get fucked. Zero sympathy for you.

Apathy

Hahaha.

The "good immigrants" the Republicans want are staying, the ones that legally have protection because they took the steps to get into the country. You Sir are one of those "bad immigrants" to Republicans, breaking laws and talking from the system. If you have a problem, maybe don't support the party that thinks that.

Yeah. Get fucked. Zero sympathy for you.

"Well he's literally ripping my family apart and his opposition is fighting tooth and nail to stop him but all my vocal and monetary support will continue to go to him for reasons I can't articulate."

That's beyond delusional. And before anyone comes in with "This is why the Dems lost", "Maybe have some sympathy", etc. I have other people I can spend my sympathy on rather than someone in a burn ward who decides to light themselves on fire again. Dude was willing to throw other people under the bus and thought he was safe. That's not noble or sympathetic at all. He's just as much of an ass as the other bigots who salivated at how Trump talked about the "Mexican rapists"

Nydius

And another one, just like the undocumented whose wife voted for Trump and was then shocked! that her husband was deported. Or the supposed Trump supporters who were interviewed and shocked! after the undocumented taco truck owner in Houston got picked up by ICE and is facing deportation to Guatemala.

Every time I hear the "one of the good ones!" defense, I just laugh at these idiots who believed it. Trump spent his entire primary and general campaign with the promise of getting rid of ALL undocumented immigrants. He originally referred to ALL undocumented immigrants as "bad hombres". He didn't shift position and say he was only going to deport the "bad ones" until AFTER the election. They voted for a man who said, outright, he was going to deport every single illegal, equating Hispanic ones to rapists and murderers.

Nepenthe

"I've tried to live a good life."

Then why are you a criminal then? Surely you've asked yourself that question.

(That's how Republicans think, right? That if you break the law, you're a bad person? Thus, all illegal immigrants shouldn't be here by default. You can't lead a good life and be a criminal.)

jwk94

Ramirez believes that going to immigration detention is part of God’s plan for him. He prayed for a way to sort out his immigration status not long before he was arrested by Border Patrol.

The writer was wrong for this lol.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
This guy is like some freshman who tries to hang out with seniors and they always just make fun of him but he keeps trying to fit in with them. Except instead of making fun of him THEY ARE DEPORTING HIM FROM THE FUCKING COUNTRY. Stop trying to chill with conservatives. THEY. DON'T. LIKE. YOU.

CrocoDuck

Pendejos por Trump, indeed. If there's one thing that bothers me more than Your average Trunp supporter, is a Latino sellout like this idiot. Que se chinga su madre.

Madness

This. Trump never gave a fuck about you, Christianity, your family or anything else. He was a bigot and he was supported by bigots. Of course this was gonna happen. Trump used you. The GOP used you. Sooner you internalized that the better.

This. His voters got the wool pulled over their eyes. And they know it but they try and rationalize it by saying at least it isn't Hillary, she would've been worse etc. Not only did he not drain the swamp, but he put tons of billionaires or elite cronies and goldman sachs execs into power, rolled back regulations meant to protect national parks, streams and the beauty of the US all so multinational corps can continue to pillage natural resources. He won't bring any jobs back from China. Notice how he is already calling the Chinese President the 'respected' Xi Jinping and a great man etc. Why? Because his daughter makes her brand there, he got his trademarks approved. There is no wall being built, why? Because at the end of the day, these states with illegal immigration need the low skilled and never upwardly mobile low income worker. It is why Georgian congresswoman Handel is against livable wages.

It is even funnier seeing anti-Jewish white nationalists elect perhaps the most Pro-Israel government in a long time. They are so proud of the travel ban and yet turn a blind eye to the fact Saudi Arabia wasn't on the list, and that the US just sold them $110 billion in US arms as well. That this man who criticized wasteful interference with military spent almost $90 million taxpayer dollars cruise missiling the hell out of a rundown Syrian airport runway that achieved nothing.

One of the worst businessmen of all time with more bankruptcies than success, promising he will succeed in trade and business. Someone married 3 times promising evangelicals and catholics he will bring sanctity back to marriage and blah blah. A silver spoon fed New York businessman puts on a red trucker cap and clutching a bible in the South and they think he is their saviour. Roll back all the regulations that were enacted to stave off another recession. Throw millions more off healthcare. In the end his voters will reap what they sow. The fact 54% of white women voted for this guy, grab em by the pussy Donald Trump rather than the first Female President says it all how misguided they are. Republicans control the house, senate, presidency and with Gorsuch likely have a conservative edge on the Supreme Court again. His voters should ask why nothing they wanted is being done. And it isn't because of Democrats.

The Kree

Banned

C2lQwqE.png

Top Bottom