• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Cwarrior

And now for the twisting of the knife - a Teen Titans Go trailer ...

Glad the comment so far are all "This looks like shit- bring back Young Justice"
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2...-for-upcoming-teen-titans-go-animated-series/

5a0ed88f_what.gif

???Why does it look worse then even the short???

Why can't we at least get real teen titans? I love teen titans but why this.

Dali

Weisman wrote the first Episode of The Goliath Chronicles, introducing the Quarrymen, a Gargoyle hate group planning to kill them during the day. Then he left the show.

Ooooooohhh... see that's the problem. You're talking about that crap that should never have existed. The animation on the afterschool series was top notch. Then it went Saturday morning and got hit with the ugly stick. Also the whole premise of that tack-on season was crap. Part of what made Gargoyles so great was the fact that they were a secret. Having them outted was a terrible direction and took away from what made the series in the first place... actually everything about the tack-on Goliath Chronicles crapped on what made the series great.

Did anyone post this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z6_B7UZxIxk

It's from Wally's voice actor. Very touching.

In the spirit of this, the actor who played Hal on fellow cancelled DC Nation series Green Lantern and Peter on fellow cancelled Weisman Series Spectacular Spider-Man reads Spider-Man memes:

http://joshkeaton.tumblr.com/post/45944658719/you-know-who-thinks-spider-man-memes-are-funny

Also, the actor who played Wally played Razer on Green Lantern, and did a similar series of Razer reading bedtime stories:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gD430HbJAc

Goooosh. I just watched all the episodes aired this year. How do they cancel a show just as they bring in Darksied?! It's not fair. I really loved this show. These last few episodes were so good.

So DC nation is going to come back eventually right? What shows can we look forward to be cancelled next?
Any good show on CN.

Teen Titans Go will be cancelled because of fan backlash imo.
I was actually excited for TT because I loved the original and the shorts.
but with the way CN has been going lately I won't watch it(not so much the cancelations as the last second DCN delay)
Beware the Batman I won't watch on CN, it has less of a chance of cancelation because its Batman
though early word is the executives don't like it so they will probably try to kill it even with good ratings.

Brickhunt

If there is something I've learned on all this ordeal of cancellations (SBT; Green lantern; Young Justice; Motorcity; Thundercats and go on), is that toys and tie-in products decide everything first. Ratings comes second.

Teen Titans Go can have low ratings, if the show products get sold. The show is going to stick for a long time.

I'm trying to find right now an article explaining how toy retailers demand has already guarantee a second season for Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-man while Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H is almost "dead on arrival"

Amakusa

Just watched "end game"

Man it burns no season 3 with darksied:(

I just realized Kid flash and The flash in the justice league animated series are intended to be the same character *mind is blown* wahtt? why is kid flash so lame? his been nothing but trolled for the entire series and been very lame, I refuses to believe those two characters have any relations.

wait wha?
So does that make him... his own father/grand father...? wait my head hurts now...

Impulse I mean

Dram

They said they were going to be changes made to the show, after the Aurora theater shooting, to make it less violent. Maybe they didn't change it enough?

Psxphile

wait wha?
So does that make him... his own father/grand father...? wait my head hurts now...

Impulse I mean

Haha, what? No. Kid Flash in this series is a younger Wally West. In the DCUA Justice League, The Flash was an older Wally West. It's a thing with the Flash comic books where if the old Flash dies, the younger one steps up and takes the mantle (see also Impulse becoming Kid Flash in the finale). That's why Wally West can be both in two different series.

EDIT: I think he was also Kid Flash on Teen Titans (the animated one).

But i thought there wont be a toyline.
It's seems to be on and off. I read an interview for Matty collector and they mentioned one. But nothing was revealed nor prototypes shown an the biggest toy fair last month.

I'm pumped for the villains they are showcasing. You can market this shit to kids, they are just projecting their excuses.

I'm pumped for the villains they are showcasing. You can market this shit to kids, they are just projecting their excuses.
Same here though it is true from a business perspective.
Joker is nearly as popular/known as Batman himself. and then you have Katana(im very excited to see) who is far below Robin or even Batgirl in popularity.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
A twisting of the knife is far too polite.

This is them pissing on an open wound after they've just finished packing it with salt and smothering it with lemon juice. Absolute fuckers, fuck this show and fuck them.

Cunts.

A looping gif of Robin banging his head into the wall from that would be the best response to it all.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cartoon Network keeps saying this is a new episode of Young Justice

can we sue?

Was Young Justice specifically cancelled for Teen Titans Go?
No.

I really don't understand the point of Teen Titans Go, Its was great as shorts and would even be ok as a series complementary to GL, YJ, BtB.
But on its own I just don't see it holding up the DC Nation(same would go for a SBFF series)
I don't see the point of it being based off the original if they decided to go even younger than the shorts.
the show started 10 years ago and ended 7 years ago, so why even try to cater to the original fans if they are now way beyond the target audience.
This is coming from someone who greatly prefers Teen Titans to Young Justice.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Which means what exactly to CN? Cause last I checked, they weren't canceling because of low ratings.

They're cancelling because they can't sell merchandise of the series. Or rather, the merchandise it had didn't sell enough.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
yeah, if you can't get your highest-rated show to turn you a profit, your business model is broken as fuck.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheAlexLynch/news/?a=76265

so is this something? A crowdfunding and voting sight is preparing to legally be able to use those methods (specifically crowdfunding) to help relaunch GL:TAS and Young Justice. Not sure if its a glimmer or just a dying ember, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Don't think it will work unless it somehow raises enough to cover the show and make CN more than whatever the profit already was.

Top Bottom