• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I wonder if Cartoon Network had full advance warning that Disney was going to can Clone Wars season six.

'Cause with that show suddenly gone, it makes canning YJ and GL look even dumber. You can't say they're just going to ride on the ratings of the "popular" show.

Don't think it will work unless it somehow raises enough to cover the show and make CN more than whatever the profit already was.

Yea, add to that the fact that many people have moved on to other gigs. On top of that smgo.tv sounds like it may be a internet TV site that wants to broadcast the show, not produce new episodes. someone tweeted a quote in Giancarlo Volpe's twitter conversation about the site. he quoted the site saying. ""crowdfund the broadcasting rights for this show." That sounds to me as if they want to be able to stream it, not crowdfund new episodes.

I wonder if Cartoon Network had full advance warning that Disney was going to can Clone Wars season six.

'Cause with that show suddenly gone, it makes canning YJ and GL look even dumber. You can't say they're just going to ride on the ratings of the "popular" show.
But they have Adventure Time and Regular Show!

Dram

Do Adventure Time and the Regular Show sell a lot of merchandise? Or are they just cheaper to make, so having a toy line isn't important?

ezekial45

Banned
Do Adventure Time and the Regular Show sell a lot of merchandise? Or are they just cheaper to make, so having a toy line isn't important?

I don't know about RS, but Adventure Time sells a shit load of merch (toys, dolls, DVD's, etc). AT is very popular, but RS does pretty well in its own right. I think RS is starting to get merchandise as well. They released some dolls and the dvd's last year.

Box art for Legacy:

boxart.jpg

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2...for-upcoming-young-justice-legacy-video-game/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This plus that cancelled Batman family show with Damian = me going WTF is DC thinking limiting themselves to one great show when they could have three+??

I don't know about RS, but Adventure Time sells a shit load of merch (toys, dolls, DVD's, etc). AT is very popular, but RS does pretty well in its own right. I think RS is starting to get merchandise as well. They released some dolls and the dvd's last year.

what? where? who's buying this?

why'd they put John Stewart in there? he sucks.

whats wrong with their faces?

why does superboy have no forehead?

why not put wonder woman's silhouette up there, instead of emblem-less, no-one-currs-man?

why does kid flash have bell bottoms on?

why does artemis have a sharp ass?

Whats up with the night wing's right thigh?

who let Rob Liefeld draw legs, and why?

Wonder Woman had no sidekick.
what bell bottoms?
Artemis is a skinny girl, she needs to feed to get booty.
Nightwing's legs look like they haev extra lines they forgot to erase.
Rob Liefeld was not available.

This plus that cancelled Batman family show with Damian = me going WTF is DC thinking limiting themselves to one great show when they could have three+??

yep. superhero cartoons are in such a dire situation right now when they could be excelling.

pants

Wonder Woman had no sidekick.
what bell bottoms?
Artemis is a skinny girl, she needs to feed to get booty.
Nightwing's legs look like they haev extra lines they forgot to erase.
Rob Liefeld was not available.

- She kinda does, but since her 'sidekick' is not in there, should have used the Flash he has an emblem
- Track out the lines, it ends in either bell bottoms or a weird triangle shaped leg/calf
- Would kill for a more meaty Artemis
- It's pretty cray, muscles on muscles
- But his spirit lives on

pants

He decided his logo would be better suited to his belt where he's not shoving it in your face like his contemporaries.

So dignified, humble, and regal our King Arthur is.

Maybe he just wants the merladies to stare at his aquapackage

Just heard about Greg pitching spin offs(JL, Arsenal, etc) and DTVs and CN turned down all of them.
Guess CN just really disliked the show in addition to being disappointed with it.

Love the design.

From the Legend of Korra guys!?

Yep, maybe they can try again since Young Justice is done.
like how slick the designs look.
wonder were they would have gone with Raven on it.

Just heard about Greg pitching spin offs(JL, Arsenal, etc) and DTVs and CN turned down all of them.
Guess CN just really disliked the show in addition to being disappointed with it.

Yep, maybe they can try again since Young Justice is done.
like how slick the designs look.
wonder were they would have gone with Raven on it.
Yeah and CW is out of the question since they outsourced their Saturday morning block. Just fucked up all around.

I think CN just hates DC.
Its also bad that for some reason they don't value stuff like Scooby Doo.
I don't see how CN can continue doing it they have lost 4 popular shows in one month(CW, GL, YJ, MI)
Yeah and CW is out of the question since they outsourced their Saturday morning block. Just fucked up all around.
Yeah, we need Kids WB back. Too bad.
though maybe with Arrow's success we might start seeing some more DC stuff on the channel.

abundant

I think CN just hates DC.

It's not just CN, WB rely too much on Batman and Superman. They also abandon anything they deem a failure. It's why we will never see a show with a single/multiple female leads, because they deemed the Wonder Woman DTV a failure.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
They just need to add "Ben 10" to the title. There you go, billions of dollars in toys sold and 6 seasons and a movie!

It's not just CN, WB rely too much on Batman and Superman. They also abandon anything they deem a failure. It's why we will never see a show with a single/multiple female leads, because they deemed the Wonder Woman DTV a failure.

Thats kinda understandable though(WW is tied with UTRH as my favorite) it is a hard sell for animated superhero's target audience(but many companies are avoiding it for all mediums). though I do think they are missing out on a full SBFF series.
They really need to do better with females in team-ups to get young boys into those characters.
for example even as a 13-16 year old at the time Raven & Starfire were my #2&3 characters on Teen Titans
on the other hand from Young Justice Miss Martian I hated and I didn't like Artemis much till later in the season.
Cheshire was the only great female on the show.

Im a little disappointed in Bruce Timm for not attempting more DTV with female characters under the guise of the typical Batman, Superman, JL movies.
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse for example Kara, Wonder Woman and even Barda played important roles.

I'd love to see a Batman movie that was about Batgirl
Cassandra Cain

VeeP

Wait wait wait... Batman Family show with Damian? Link?

Brickhunt

Okay, some weird developments recently.

There has been a crownfunding campaign with smgo.tv to bring both shows back. Aparently, it has really attention caught attention.

On their official Tumblr, they posted this today:

Hi All,

Apologies for the delayed posting here on Tumblr and Facebook – as you might have heard via our tweet last night, there is a meeting on the books with WB to discuss bringing back GLTAS and YJ. The meeting is set for April 11.

We are extremely excited to be meeting with them and we will do everything we possibly can to get your shows’ formal approval. They are listening; your support pushed this to the top, so thank them and continue to tell them you want the chance to bring these shows back. It’s working.

We will continue to keep you informed as we progress with these shows. Hope to have more info soon.

#Motorcity, #DTTBIA23, #666PA fans, we haven’t stopped working for your shows either, so please keep fighting the good fight. We will continue to reach out to the appropriate people this week to try to set up a meeting.

Keep fighting, keep being awesome, and keep showing interest on Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook - let’s save these shows together.

Thanks all!

Dave

ps – For those who have written me emails with questions, it’s been crazy here, but I will get a response to you as soon as I can! Thank you for being patient. :)

After a while, they edited the post:

Hi All,
EDIT: We’re going to have to go dark for awhile.
We will continue to keep you informed as we progress with these shows. Hope to have more info soon.
Thanks all!
Dave

So yeah, I don't know if this good or bad news. Meetings are definitively happening, but the edit makes me worried.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I really hope it comes back, CN really shouldn't greenlight such great shows to just rip my heart out and cancel them.
Never seen this before apparently it was to be Nightwing's own show but was never picked up in favor of Young Justice.
From the director and artist of Legend of Korra.
Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Ephemeris

Old?

Never seen this before apparently it was to be Nightwing's own show but was never picked up in favor of Young Justice.
From the director and artist of Legend of Korra.

As a huge Nightwing fan, I'm glad it didn't happen.

Cause it would have been cancelled and there would be blood.

Top Bottom