• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

SoilBreak

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB7EISeuy6Y
Oh god this show looks worse every time I see it.

would have even been fine if it was more like the shorts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZRCKv1sTZ0

ibvPJJuvkxWfqc.gif

Loomba

While I would love it to come back and would support a kickstarter, i'm not getting my hopes up until it's all confirmed.

Damn, i loved TT, but this looks atrocious. I understand why they are doing it though. They are trying to appeal to the youngest of audiences since it´s them who will nag their parents to buy them toys.
I don't get the point of keeping things from the original if they wanted to aim so young.
any fan of the original is so far out of the target audience at this point, why even bother?

though I guess the voice actors were the best thing about the original so I can't blame them for that one.

Well if I remember correctly, tomorrow is supposed to be that big meeting so hopefully we hear good news soon.

And DC direct just released Aardaman Animation Batman and Robin figures. I would love if DC Direct released Super Best Friends Forever, YJ, and GL TAS toys....

Well if I remember correctly, tomorrow is supposed to be that big meeting so hopefully we hear good news soon.

And DC direct just released Aardaman Animation Batman and Robin figures. I would love if DC Direct released Super Best Friends Forever, YJ, and GL TAS toys....

I'm wondering when we're going to get an announcement on the Season 2 part 2 DVD- I dropped some money on the other DVDs, hoping to get the rest soon. Had to make sure I added some financial contribution prior to the meeting.

Here's hoping for at least a direct-to-DVD mini season, if not complete renewal.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
What's going on with DC nation? Maybe I was asleep at the time, but it seems teen titans go is airing at like 7 am. So what is filling the gap other than beware the batman?

MisterHero

No, I mean theres been more than two. Every show not connected to the dcau is its own universe.
I think the movies (Crisis on 2 Earths, JL: Doom, Wonder Woman, GL Emerald Knights, etc) were somewhat related to Young Justice. Wonder Woman has the same design and Bruce Greenwood Batman has a similar design too.

The Red Hood movie probably would disqualify it from being true, though.

What's going on with DC nation? Maybe I was asleep at the time, but it seems teen titans go is airing at like 7 am. So what is filling the gap other than beware the batman?

Just noticed that it airs 6:30 PM on a Tuesday, that weird.
nothing until Batman which is likely this summer.

If that's true, then why didn't they have a problem with Brave and the Bold, which mostly used B and C Tier heroes and villains?

Because it was very lighthearted and they could still market the other heroes for merchandise and it still had some Joker etc.
what kid would want Professor Pyg anything over Joker, Riddler, Two-Face etc?
then Katana who im excited for I doubt any kid would even know her let alone prefer her to Robin/Batgirl.
But even if they did that doesn't really matter, its what Mattel etc think they would.

I doubt BTB even gets a toyline. Mattel is acting exactly like they did with Green Lantern TAS('wait and see' 'soon' 'toyfair') and when 2014 gets here they will have changed their minds.

Odoul

So....

The serialized, plot driven, continuity heavy shows get stuffed on Saturday morning.

The flash animated, random jackass humor show gets primetime weekdays.

Makes sense.

Executives at all cartooon networks (CN and Disney mostly) obviously have a stick up their ass when it comes to action shows.

I just realized - a guy who was barely 1 was dating a girl hundreds of years old.

Lol, aliens and clones.

Miss Martian was 48 in season 1.

The math seems to be that martians age at 1/3 the rate of humans- So in season 1, she was the equivalent to a human 16 year old, in season 2 she was just shy of 18.

Also- Cheshire was taking advantage of a three year old in season 1. Red Arrow is an eight year old with an infant daughter in season 2.

Another interesting factoid: Kelly Hu played 3 generations of the Sportsmaster family - Paula Crock, Cheshire and Lian Nguyen-Harper. She also plays Karai on the new ninja Turtles series, another teenage assassin who may not be as evil as she seems.

Miss Martian was 48 in season 1.

The math seems to be that martians age at 1/3 the rate of humans- So in season 1, she was the equivalent to a human 16 year old, in season 2 she was just shy of 18.

48? Huh, messed that up.

But no, I got that, lol. 'Twas a joke

EDIT: Well, damn. That's true too!

Looking at the 30-40 year time jump rumor, I checked M'gann's age - a 40 year jump would make her essentially 31. Factor in Superboy not aging at all, and they could still be around after such a jump.

I think it's time to write a Young Justice drinking game. Here's what I've got so far for potential triggers:

- Whenever a Robin-word (whelmed, turbed, aster, etc.) is used.
- Whenever Reach slang (crash, mode, meat) is used.
- Whenever Superman dodges parental responsibility.
- Whenever M'gann says "Hello, Megan!"
- Whenever Wally or Gar claims a souvenir
- Whenever a Roy Harper is openly hostile to a member of the team
- Whenever Superboy broods.
- Whenever the Light actually wins, even when they lose.
- Whenever a character who has yet to show up in New 52 appears.

add as many as you like- lets se if this list can get longer than the Weekend Confirmed one.

She also plays Karai on the new ninja Turtles series, another teenage assassin who may not be as evil as she seems.
She was also the female assassin of the Fearsome Hand of Four from Under the Red Hood
and plays China White(another assassin) on Arrow.

If Cheshire somehow makes Arkham Origins hope she does the voice again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I might end up as a blue lantern with all this hope

Speaking of blue lanterns... I hope GL is also renewed :/

Avixph

Looking at the 30-40 year time jump rumor, I checked M'gann's age - a 40 year jump would make her essentially 31. Factor in Superboy not aging at all, and they could still be around after such a jump.

I think it's time to write a Young Justice drinking game. Here's what I've got so far for potential triggers:

- Whenever a Robin-word (whelmed, turbed, aster, etc.) is used.
- Whenever Reach slang (crash, mode, meat) is used.
- Whenever Superman dodges parental responsibility.
- Whenever M'gann says "Hello, Megan!"
- Whenever Wally or Gar claims a souvenir
- Whenever a Roy Harper is openly hostile to a member of the team
- Whenever Superboy broods.
- Whenever the Light actually wins, even when they lose.
- Whenever a character who has yet to show up in New 52 appears.

add as many as you like- lets se if this list can get longer than the Weekend Confirmed one.
DO you guys think that with a 30-40 year time jump a Damian Wayne or Terry McGinnis Batman would be possible?

I might end up as a blue lantern with all this hope

Speaking of blue lanterns... I hope GL is also renewed :/

"boss Doggie of Earth, you have hope in your heart, welcome to the Blue Lantern corps."

but i'm so angry about them cancelling YJ that i'd be a Red Lantern.
"Evil Solrac of Earth, you have great rage in your heart, you belong to the Red Lantern corps!"

Top Bottom