• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Most Worn Video Game T-Shirt

8bit

Knows the Score
I've still got one like this, probably from about 95 as I don't wear t-shirts that often these days. It's more of a silver on blue than the one pictured.

arcade_tshirt_atari_dkblue.jpg

Prophane33

I have a Madden 07 Development team shirt from my days at EA; the best part is on the back it says "It's in the game because we put it there".

Big%20Boss%20Guys%20PFront.jpg

This if it counts, love it.

Wore it when I met kojima and shinkawa at uniqlo and shinkawa said it was very cool! That was a great day.

I would only wear ones that pass as a pretty cool design even if there was no game connection, so this is the only one I wear regularly:

3027406756_12a72aa00e_b.jpg

0005543.jpeg

This is the only one I wear. Also have some Bioshock shirt I got for free once, but never worn it as it's too 'in your face' with the game's name and big daddy and all that.

I want some nice design, and preferably in another context like the one above.

I usually rotate with my MGS Uniqlo shirts (MGS4, MGSPW & MGS25th), MGS Konamistyle ones and my KOG Mother 3 shirt.

Mostly worn at this point are:

IMG_1219.jpg

(the white one)

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

(the white letters turn purple in the sun)

atomsk

Party Pooper
I think this is the only one I own right now, I tend to wear out t-shirts fairly often (I think need a new washing machine)

iS4ey.jpg

edit: oh wait, I've also got this Puzzle Agent shirt

gnome-shirt.png

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
^^ I've got that Ultimate Chimaera t-shirt too! Brofist.

Also, I really really want that Gengar t-shirt. Wobbuffet too.

BiggNife

20120502_28836.jpg

This MGS3 shirt.

I just got this shirt a month ago at the NYC Uniqlo Kojima signing. Got this one too, since you needed at least $30 worth of stuff to get in line:

430549_10150594732616121_33404976120_9123318_437821982_n.jpg

I like them both a whole lot and they're also super comfortable.

I've always liked this one. Wore it a lot a year or two ago but I'm not sure where it is now - I need to go look for it.

IMG_2892b_original.jpg

Love this shirt. I get a lot of comments about it too.

OH MAN I WANT THIS SO BAD but I think I have enough video game shirts as it is. I'll have to think about it.

Also, to all of the "I DONT WEAR VIDEO GAME SHIRTS BECAUSE I'M AN ADULT
2804-1329095689.gif
" people, I really don't see anything wrong with wearing something video game related as long as its not the only thing you wear. And as this thread has proven, there are a lot of video game shirts that don't even look like they're related to video games unless you're already familiar with the material.

i want some cool video game t-shirts, im getting tired of all my band t-shirts.

i only have a GTAIV t-shirt that is too big, and some Super Mario Sunshine t-shirt. dont like them that much :/ what are the best places online to find this stuff?

Either my Duder T-shirt or my BurnBrightBurnBlue Bungie one. I don't really wear any of that junk around that you buy from Target or something and has Gears of War all over the front or something. I only having like 3 gaming-realted T-shirts including those 2. The other is the Whiskey Subscribers one with the whole crew on the rollercoaster.

Other than that, I really don't like advertising it to the public. A few weekends ago in Milwaukee when I was out at some bars/nightclubs, I was out dancing and talking and someone comes up to the back of me, pats me on the shoulder to get my attention and when I look back, he just says "hardcore dave!". Then we talked a few minutes about Giantbomb, our backstories and ect, and that was it. It was pretty awesome to run into someone like that who can call me out on some esoteric reference rather than be wearing shame tarps on my latest favorite game for all the commons to see.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So many genuinely great and so many OH GOD YOU WEAR THAT??? shirts in this thread. Loving it.

So which would you rather wear out in public?

The terrible Donkey Kong face shirt? Or the done-to-death Portal "Cake is a Lie" shirt?

cRIPticon

Two for me. The Final Fantasy VII NA launch shirt and an Atari t-shirt I made myself that has the ship from Yar's Revenge on the sleeve. In fact, I wore that Atari shirt for my first meeting with the staff at GDC back in 2000. Ah....memories....

calder

I really want to get the 70's style Aperture Science one, but I keep waiting for something else I like on the store before pulling the trigger.

iPfxQeAI7QmwB.png

iblHhVYyI8ScgO.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I had that one. They gave it to me when I got the game at Target, I believe.

Wore it all the time. Even in my 4th grade school picture. My parents were not happy.

Oh god, oh Christ...You're a survivor. I feel like I should hug you...and your parents for what you did. Oh my.

Muffdraul

FFVII pre-order bonus. It wasn't particularly amazing or anything, just a white t-shirt w/ the logo over the breast and a big pic of Cloud on the back. But I wore it for a number of years until it literally came apart, can't say that about any other game shirt I've owned. RE2 pre-order shirt would be a close runner up.

EDIT: Pic found. Nice tuck, dude. What are you... a nerd?!

ff7shirt.jpg

There are some pretty cool t-shirts in here. I don't have a lot of video game shirts because I like cool designs over pop culture references most of the time, but occasionally there are some that have both.

These are two that I own and wear the most. I also own and wear this one from Fangamer:

chronometer_front_2.jpg

In black. I think those are the only video game shirts I own. Although I'm tempted to get this one from Fangamer as well.

DCharlie

Banned
mushihimesama-futari-reco-baby-blue-t-shirt.jpg

looks horrific here, but super high quality, very nice colours and - even though it has a strong uguu wiff, it actually looks mildly non-gaming.

xlBCI.jpg

Not only does it reference my favorite game, it's also "duel-purpose". I've gotten complements about it from people I know have no idea about Earthbound. They just think it's a sweet vintage-style tee.

Got this too along with his hat! I must wear that hat like everyday

Top Bottom