• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTuber that waited on-line for Switch is currently waiting 10 days for SNES Classic

wrowa

I thought standing in line for a month was an utterly ridiculous idea, but then I saw one of the videos and was hooked. He's a really likeable guy and it was actually really fun and fascinating to see how he gathered a bigger and bigger crowd around him with each day.

If you want to hate on someone for living his life differently than yours, whatever, do what you want. But his videos were really well made and fun. *shrug*

Malice215

Good to see CND do another video series waiting in line for a Nintendo product and people mad at him for doing so. Feels like February 2017.

Raiden

Banned
Meh cant hate on it. He seems like hes having a ton of fun.

A bit obnoxious perhaps but then again im just bitter and people annoy me.

He’s doing it for the revenue, which I get. Anyone else doing this without the publicity motive needs to reconsider their priorities lol.

daTRUballin

I wonder if when he gets older if he'll regret waiting in line for all those days for both switch and snes classic. Time is something he can't get back. Maybe the experience is worth it for him. But for me personally, never catch me in line for more than a couple of hours.

It was only a month for the Switch and 10 days for the SNES Classic dude. He's not "wasting" anything. This is an insignificant portion of his life. You're acting like he's going to wait for 5 years or something.

n0razi

I wonder if when he gets older if he'll regret waiting in line for all those days for both switch and snes classic. Time is something he can't get back. Maybe the experience is worth it for him. But for me personally, never catch me in line for more than a couple of hours.

A couple of hours.... anything more than 10 mins not worth my time lol

Memles

Oh good, we're rehashing all of this from the last thread again. Wonderful.

I'll stop back when we've settled down from "why would someone do that" to the fun follow-along narrative from March. I happened to be in NY when he waited a few days for Mario Kart, and got to chat with him a bit, so I'll be curious to see how his approach to narrating the journey changes this time around.

tsundoku

wonder how many scam artists he will do gofundmes for this time

i don't know why this would shock anyone he explicitly stated he was "picking up the mantle" and video blogs like this are what created the youtube apple products scene, its free pr

His video series for waiting in line for the Switch made the wait a little easier as I watched everyday up until it was released. This doesn't have the same draw, but I'll probably check out a video here or there.

Madame M

Banned
He's a vlogger who happens to be doing it outside of a Nintendo World Store.

I'm not entirely sure what the big issue is.

The phrasing on this is great, trying desperately to minimize the fact that the vlogger chose the Nintendo World Store for a specific reason. Can you guess what that reason is?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
And people were laughing at the concept of watching Loot Boxes being opened. In this day and age people will watch anything.

Good for him and for his fans.

I waited in line for Switch and it was actually fun, aside from the cold weather. I got to meet two nice guys who were in front of me (I was third in line!), one of them lended me a blanket for the night and I actually kissed him the day after. Slay.

Really enjoyed watching him do this last time, looks like he had ton of fun and made a bunch of new friends while doing it. Can't see why anyone would have on the guy, he seems like a legit nice dude. Here's hoping a bunch of drama comes up again tho, like last time.

The phrasing on this is great, trying desperately to minimize the fact that the vlogger chose the Nintendo World Store for a specific reason. Can you guess what that reason is?

The same reason people put their babies in their vlogs? Or go skydiving? Or go to a convention? Because it's exciting for their viewers, gives them views, and they enjoy doing it.

If CND was standing outside the store with gritted teeth just because he knew the SNES was blowing up search results and actually had no interest, then yeah that's an issue. But the guy's just vlogging something he enjoys with enthusiasm and people like watching it. He's not just chucking up raw footage into the ether, dude puts in the hours to make an entertaining video.

He makes money doing this and Nintendo flew him out to their mothership to play Metroid recently.

He's doing fine.

I wasn't questioning whether he was doing fine, I was just wondering how a 19 year old was able to take off that much time from the typical responsibilities someone his age would have. I know nothing about the dude

giphy.gif

And people were laughing at the concept of watching Loot Boxes being opened. In this day and age people will watch anything.

So many fun-hating, salty-ass people ITT
That Blastoise kid reminds me of Andy Milonakis.

Also awwww that little girl.
Blastoise kid was adorable
Yea I'm pretty sure Pluto is non existent now. There was some drama and the twitter was deleted haha
What was the drama?? I totally missed that

Top Bottom