• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

Wiseblade

I'm cool with Yata coming back, but Cyber Stein should stay dead forever. I wouldn't mind a variant that cost 8000 lifepoints though, that could actually be interesting.

KingBroly

Banned
The only real thing you'd have to do to make Yata Garasu not horrifically broken is make it shuffle back into your deck after use instead of putting it back into your hand. That alone would nerf it quite a bit.

Fj0823

Im also in favor of limiting Yata.

Nothing you can't handle these days.

Emperor Dragon is pretty ok too, post nerf of course.

KingBroly

Banned
https://youtu.be/8R5K18qErGg?t=36

I feel like Chaos Emperor Dragon "might" be in the Legendary Decks this year since BLS-EotB was last year. So maybe it gets reintroduced at some point. I hope not, because at the time, it was those 2 cards that just ran the world.

I also didn't like when Ultimate Rares were introduced, because it made getting Ultra Rares and Secret Rares that much harder to get, and made them much more pricey.

Fj0823

I think Chaos Emperor got a card-text change were it's stated that you cannot use any other card effect the turn you use him.

Not sure, maybe it's just a rumor. But I think the new Japanese edition has an extra limitation, similar to the ones given to Ring of Destruction and Crush Card Virus.

Also, Ultimates were dropped from Core Sets, last few boosters you get a Rare and a Super in each pack and now you have twice the chance to pull Ultras and Secrets.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think Chaos Emperor got a card-text change were it's stated that you cannot use any other card effect the turn you use him.

Not sure, maybe it's just a rumor. But I think the new Japanese edition has an extra limitation, similar to the ones given to Ring of Destruction and Crush Card Virus.

Also, Ultimates were dropped from Core Sets, last few boosters you get a Rare and a Super in each pack and now you have twice the chance to pull Ultras and Secrets.
It was the errata it got when it was unbanned in the ocg

Acrylic7

Its been a long long while since Iv played some YuGiOh.
One thing that I never understood as I watched online matches is the constant hand shuffle. Why do they shuffle their hands like 300 times a minute?

Fj0823

I just randomly bought some cards last night and then i come across this OT. Nice!

Cool, what did you get?

One thing that I never understood as I watched online matches is the constant hand shuffle. Why do they shuffle their hands like 300 times a minute?

It's the ancient egyptian art of being obnoxious.

Regiruler

Nervous tick, rearranging sometimes resets your hand mentally so you can think of more plays (yugioh is an incredibly combo-heavy game, so it's very easy to miss something and misplay).

Jaeger

Cool, what did you get?

Ring of Destruction / Millennium Super Rare / MP01-JP029
Darklord Zerato / Normal Parallel Rare / SPDS-JP041
Darklord Mastema / Common / SPDS-JP032
Darklord Asmodeus / Normal Parallel Rare / SPDS-JP038
Darklord Superbia / Normal Parallel Rare / SPDS-JP039
Darklord Edeh Arae / Normal Parallel Rare / SPDS-JP040
Darklord Lucifer / Secret Rare / SPDS-JP029
Seiyaryu / Secret Rare / 15AX-JPM10
Crush Card Virus / Secret Rare / 15AX-JPY52
Masked Beast Des Gardius / Secret Rare / 15AX-JPM23
Demon Emperor Angmar / Secret Rare / PP18-JP001
Kaiser Vorse Raider / KC Ultra Rare / MVP1-JP002
Erebus the Netherworld Monarch / Ultra Rare / SR01-JP001
Commander Gottoms, Swordmaster /Super Rare / DTC1-JP013
Don Zaloog / Super Rare / BE02-JP186
Darklord Amdusias / Super Rare / SPDS-JP033
Gottoms' Emergency Call / Common/ SPRG-JP026

And a random Meklord Secret Rate TCG version. All the rest are Japanese OCG.
---

I have a very small collection of Pokemon and Yugioh cards, mostly Japanese. I haven't played in like 15 years, but I always liked the artwork so recently I started buying singles here and there on eBay and Yahoo Japan Auctions.

1upsuper

I took a look at what archetypes have gotten support the last few years and I saw that Dark Magician Girl got a handful of new friends, so I checked out some builds and put in some late-night tcgplayer orders. Let's see if I regret this in the morning. When I was growing up I always wanted to build a spellcaster deck with DMG, an Ojama deck, and Harpies.

KingBroly

Banned
I've seen some random Structure decks around. Like the Monarch one and another one that I forget right now. It wasn't the Dragon one or the Performa Starter Deck, but another one. Dunno if they're worth getting or not. The Monarch one probably is.

Monarchs got hurt bad by the banlist so it would be better to just wait for Structure Deck: Seto Kaiba and Pendulum Domination as ABC and D/D/D seem to be the next meta relevant decks for the TCG.

Fj0823

Yes, Kaiba's robots getting buffed up to high heavens

Reiji's D/D/D's are the swagger deck to ever swag used by a series' rival.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That duel at the Tournament Stage almost ended the way I wanted the movie to. Activating Magical Cylinder from the hand with that new XYZ DM on the new Blue Eyes Ultimate

I'm cool with Yata coming back, but Cyber Stein should stay dead forever. I wouldn't mind a variant that cost 8000 lifepoints though, that could actually be interesting.

Even entertaining the idea of yata garasu being unbanned is insane.

Otks were never fun either, but few cards on their own could single handedly decide a game like Tata.

KingBroly

Banned
Even entertaining the idea of yata garasu being unbanned is insane.

Otks were never fun either, but few cards on their own could single handedly decide a game like Tata.

Yata would need to be nerfed to come back. Shuffle it back into your deck afterwards instead of going to your hand would neutralize it quite a bit.

So real quick question guys. If I wanted to buy individual cards, is there a particularly good site for that? Or do you guys just use like Ebay? I'm terrible at the game, but would like to collect the different card arts for some of the anime cards (Red Eyes, Blue Eyes, DMG, Dark Magician, etc), and want to know what the best way to do that is.

EDIT: inb4 avatar quote

Isotope

So real quick question guys. If I wanted to buy individual cards, is there a particularly good site for that? Or do you guys just use like Ebay? I'm terrible at the game, but would like to collect the different card arts for some of the anime cards (Red Eyes, Blue Eyes, DMG, Dark Magician, etc), and want to know what the best way to do that is.

EDIT: inb4 avatar quote

I'd definitely recommend TCGplayer.

Jaeger

Any options for Japanese cards? There are some card arts that are JP only, and I'd like to be consistent if possible. Otherwise this looks fantastic.

We are in the same place with this hobby. I love collecting the cards. I havnt played in forever tho. Personally I use eBay and Yahoo Japan Auctions.

EMT0

Banned
Last time I was on Pojo it was a toxic cesspool that drove Kevin Tewart away.

Is it any Better now?

The only parts of Pojo worth a damn are the deck strategies forum, strictly for educational purposes. Although I do enjoy the DM thread there, everybody's cooperative.

KingBroly

Banned
Last time I was on Pojo it was a toxic cesspool that drove Kevin Tewart away.

Is it any Better now?

The website hasn't changed either somehow

Fun fact. I used to help with the Card of the Day stuff there for the DBZ CCG for a while.

But anyways...Mega Tin info is coming out, which is good

Jaeger

What's some of your "...gotta get them list" look like? New and old. Cards you always wanted but did not get (yet).

Top Bottom