• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

Fj0823

The "Yugi Legendary Deck" collection also.includes new Dark Magician Support, like Dark Renewal.

The 2016 Movie Pack has the Dark Magician Girl's "Sisters" which are great too...and oddly not as censored as I expected them to be

Those God Cards aren't legal, unlike the ones coming this fall.

I liked the burn Dan Green threw Stuart at the Awards Ceremony. 'At least someone won with Blue-Eyes this weekend, eh Kaiba?'

c636616_f84f22fa74ee6e498f8ed748e2afffe9.gif

Lmao.

Finding a gif of the Pharaoh laughing is nigh impossible.

1upsuper

How does Konami usually deal with bans after big tournaments? It looks like Blue-Eyes was extremely popular and took first, and yet I keep seeing people say that BEWD decks aren't gonna get hit. Is that just because it's BEWD or just the way they do bans?

Fj0823

How does Konami usually deal with bans after big tournaments? It looks like Blue-Eyes was extremely popular and took first, and yet I keep seeing people say that BEWD decks aren't gonna get hit. Is that just because it's BEWD or just the way they do bans?

If time winning deck was too popular you can expect a hit or two, nothing mayor. If like PePe 27 decks out of the Top 32 were all the same deck.

They'll probably kill it.

Regiruler

Blue-Eyes isn't all that strong currently in the OCG or TCG.

I've never been impressed with Alternative Turbo and the shrine variant is kinda bricky.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ban all the good cards

EMT0

Banned
C'mon, Performapal Plushfire or the Dragon Rulers were cheap bullshit

Damage Juggler died for Plushfire's sins :(

I really wish it would come back. It's a strong card but it's not going to make Performages immediately relevant again. Clownblade is dead without the worst of the Rank 4 toolbox like Shock Master and Exciton Knight and full power PePe is under six layers of dirt, thank god. Maybe they'll unban it once we get the rest of the Performages' pending support from Arc-V.

On another note, anybody follow the manga? I'm REALLY enjoying what little we've gotten of the plot so far; the 4 Yus working together has the feels factor going strong.

Fj0823

Damage Juggler died for Plushfire's sins :(

I really wish it would come back. It's a strong card but it's not going to make Performages immediately relevant again. Clownblade is dead without the worst of the Rank 4 toolbox like Shock Master and Exciton Knight and full power PePe is under six layers of dirt, thank god. Maybe they'll unban it once we get the rest of the Performages' pending support from Arc-V.

On another note, anybody follow the manga? I'm REALLY enjoying what little we've gotten of the plot so far; the 4 Yus working together has the feels factor going strong.

I haven't been able to get a hold of it.

But the Gx manga was so good, it should've been the real story.

Hoping Arc V has the same quality, the anime seems to be rushing for that duel with Leo.

Fj0823

Pulled one of these bad boys today.

Tried it with my Odd-Eyes deck...It's kinda hard to summon button when you do, Sooooo good.

[TCG] 2016 F/L (August 29, 2016)
NEWLY FORBIDDEN
Performapal Monkeyboard
Kaiser Colosseum

NEWLY LIMITED
Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
Ehther the Heavenly Monarch
Kozmo Dark Destroyer
Majespecter Unicorn – Kirin
Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal
Emergency Teleport
Pantheism of the Monarchs
Pendulum Call
The Monarchs Stormforth

NEWLY SEMI-LIMITED
Maxx “C”
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Wind-Up Magician

NEWLY UNLIMITED
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Allure of Darkness
Gold Sarcophagus
https://ygorganization.com/tcg-monkey-is-kill/

I'm glad they didn't hit Speedroid Terrortop. Yay, Allure at 3!
Dante should have gotten hit though

Which is the reccomended online app for finding random matches (or ranked if that is even an option), Dueling network or Ygopro?

So now that Kirin is gone to 1 what should I fill the empty space in my Metalfoes deck with? Keep in mind that I'm mostly a budget player so I know my deck is not exactly optimal but I do what I can :T

Right now what I have after this is
3 Metalfoes Volflame
3 Goldriver
3 Silvbird
3 Steeleren
1 Kirin
2 Majespecter Fox
2 Majespecter Toad
3 Gofu
2 Archfiend Eccentric
1 Luster Pendulum
1 Master Pendulum
1 True King Agnimazud
1 Effect Veiler
1 Maxx C

1 Metalfoes Fusion
2 Swords of Concealing Light

3 Metalfoes Counter
1 Metalfoes Combination
3 Majespecter Tempest
1 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Strike (pulled it from a pack)

and in the extra deck
2 Metalfoes Adamante
2 Metalfoes Orichalc
1 Ultimaya
1 Crystal Wing
1 Ignister
1 Stardust Spark Dragon
1 Odd Eyes Meteorburst
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Majester Paladin
1 Big Eye
1 Odd Eyes Absolute
1 Utopia
1 Utopia Lightning

I know that the Kirin hit makes Majespecter Raccoon much more needed but I can't really justify it within my budget :/

KingBroly

Banned
Can't find DSoD anywhere anymore. Barely found them in the first place :/

Found Dragons of Legend Unleashed in ONE place (Walmart), but I'm sure they'll be gone soon

I got Number 100 and the Dark Magician Girl Dragon Knight card

Fj0823

So...why are a lot of the Black cards, numbered exactly? Is it some kind of inside numbering joke?

It's a Title.

The stronger Xyz Monsters in the ZEXAL anime were part of the "Numbers" group, parts of Astral the space spirit who accompanies the main character.

The anime starts as a Hunt of Numbers as they are extremely powerful Xyz Monsters.

There are 108 Numbers,from 0 to 107.

39 being the most famous as it was the first Xyz monster revealed.

Regiruler

So...why are a lot of the Black cards, numbered exactly? Is it some kind of inside numbering joke?

They're a catch'em all plot device from ZeXal. Standard numbers technically exist in all canons, so Number 92 for example exists in the manga even though it never appeared there.

There are some slots that weren't covered by the manga or anime, so the game uses them to make its own.

KingBroly

Banned
It's a Title.

The stronger Xyz Monsters in the ZEXAL anime were part of the "Numbers" group, parts of Astral the space spirit who accompanies the main character.

The anime starts as a Hunt of Numbers as they are extremely powerful Xyz Monsters.

There are 108 Numbers,from 0 to 107.

39 being the most famous as it was the first Xyz monster revealed.

They should do a Numbers Collection when they've released them all, tbh.

Fj0823

Oh yeah, I love how in Zexal they just said "fuck it" and instead of showing all The Numbers they went with characters just declaring they "have all the remaining numbers buahahahaha!!!"

God Zexal sucked so much...

Wichu

Also many of the Numbers have a meaning to the assigned number. Some of them are fairly obvious (Number 7: Lucky Straight), many of the paired-up Numbers have some sort of connection between them (e.g. Number 19: Freezadon and Number 61: Volcasaurus - rotate the numbers 180 degrees), and a bunch of the earlier ones have the same Rank and Number (Number 9: Dyson Sphere is Rank 9).

Numbers 101-107 aren't part of Astral's memories; they're created by the main villain Don Thousand to serve as the signature cards of his goon squad.

Fj0823

Number Facts Lesson #3

They also have "Evolved" Forms

Number C (Number Chaos) and Number S (Number Shinning).

For example,Number 39: Utopia becomes Number C39: Utopia Ray and then Number C39: Utopia Ray Victory

Xyz is one of the coolest additions to the game, but it was tied to a garbage-tier series.

KingBroly

Banned
Number Facts Lesson #3

They also have "Evolved" Forms

Number C (Number Chaos) and Number S (Number Shinning).

For example,Number 39: Utopia becomes Number C39: Utopia Ray and then Number C39: Utopia Ray Victory

Xyz is one of the coolest additions to the game, but it was tied to a garbage-tier series.

Just wait for Variants...

- Shinies
- Genders
- Big numbers
- Small numbers
- etc.

Do they even make normal Monsters anymore? It feels silly to ask, but even early on it felt like if you ran a non-effect Monster you were doing it wrong. I get BEWD/DM are big monsters still, but I feel like normal Monsters need power creeps to be more relevant, if it's even possible.

Regiruler

Just wait for Variants...

- Shinies
- Genders
- Big numbers
- Small numbers
- etc.

Do they even make normal Monsters anymore? It feels silly to ask, but even early on it felt like if you ran a non-effect Monster you were doing it wrong. I get BEWD/DM are big monsters still, but I feel like normal Monsters need power creeps to be more relevant, if it's even possible.

latest

Regiruler

But that has an effect.

It's still a normal monster.

Outside of making them pendulums, normals are usually good via being required for non-normal things, and being a normal monster is a drawback to the power of the stuff supporting them.

e.g. to play some of the best hand traps in the game, you need to play 2 to 3 of this guy:
latest

Isotope

One day the TCG will unban Cyber-Stein. One day...

What did they ban Kaiser Colisseum? Is there some broken combo with it I don't know about?

If what I've been reading was correct, it can become a ruling mess and cause confusion, especially when it comes to Monarchs when cards like Stormforth are used; why fix/update the card text on Colosseum when you can just outright ban it instead? :^)

Top Bottom