• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

If you simply want to test things out, you could try beating up the AI on YGOPro. Otherwise, you can't do much about salty players :/

This is what I did to get a better grasp on the rules and just to learn cards. I hate having my opponent wait while I read their cards...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
If you guys want a fun RPG pick up the new 7th Dragon game for the 3DS, one of the classes is literally a Yu-Gi-Oh duelist.

EMT0

Banned
So more fun news: The Ancient Gear support announced in the new Structure Deck ain't bad at all! Turn 1 Rank 4, 5(including CDI), 6, 8, and 9 plays, plus a really powerful boss monster!

https://ygorganization.com/v-jump-september-2016-structure-deck-news/

e9c156e6.jpg

Antique Gear Reactor Dragon /Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon
Level 9 EARTH Machine-Type Effect Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 3000
(1) If this Tribute Summoned Card, that was Tributed Summoned by Tributing an “Ancient Gear” monster, attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage.
(2) If this Tribute Summoned Card, that was Tribute Summoned by Tributing a “Gadget” monster, this card can attack twice during each Battle Phase.
(3) If this card declares an attack, until the end of the damage step, your opponent cannot activate the effects of Monster Cards or activate Spell/Trap Cards.
(4) At the end of a damage step when this card attacked: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.

a006fd0a.jpg

Ancient Gear Gadget
Level 4 EARTH Machine-Type Effect Monster
ATK 500
DEF 2000
(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can declare a card type (Monster, Spell or Trap); when your monsters attack this this turn, until the end of the damage step, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects of the declared type.
(2) Once per turn: You can declare the name of a “Gadget” monster; until the end of this turn, this card’s name becomes the same as the declared monster.

87b38534.jpg

Ancient Gear Catapult
Normal Spell Card
You can only use 1 “Ancient Gear Catapult” effect per turn, and only once that turn.
(1) If you control no monsters: You can target 1 face-up card you control; destroy that card, and if you do, Special Summon an “Ancient Gear” monster from your Deck, ignoring the summoning conditions.
(2) You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target a face up card you control; destroy that card, and if you do, Special Summon an “Ancient Gear Token” (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0).
2faa7a42

2faa7a42.jpg

Geartown (Reprint)
Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon (Reprint)

EMT0

Banned
That Dragon is pretty bad, the summon conditions to get effects kinda kill it

Really? I've been playtesting it and I'm absolutely loving what we have so far. If I open turn 1 with Geartown + Catapult I'll usually go into Rafflesia or Titanic Galaxy depending on what I'm playing, but if I open Gold/Silver Gadget + CoTH, I usually go into Gear Gigant plays and protect my LP via bouncing Gadgets, ending on Ancient Gear Gadget. Tribute it the next turn and tear your opponent a new asshole. Not to mention it can easily bring out any Ancient Gear monster you need by popping Geartown off its own effect, which if properly tributed can be game, or can be something like Infinity if you've already got Engineer on the field. It's Armades effect plus it's ability to pop any backrow are inherent, without summoning conditions. That alone makes it good IMO, the rest is just icing. No BA grave effects, no Kozmo tagging out, etc. It's def very anti-meta.

Ancient Gear isn't great as of now, but the deck definitely has plays with this new support. The biggest knock I have against it is it being a lv 9 and ruining dreams of running a Trade-In engine to turbo out a field, but it could end up being a blessing if we ever get strong generic rank 9 support outside of Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir.

Second knock against the current support is that it doesn't do so hot with Gofu; you either open Gofu + Geartown + Engineer for an Ultimaya play, but can't use Catapult afterwards, or you go Geartown + Catapult into the XYZ monster for the job but can't use Gofu to bring out Ultimaya.

The bright side, and oh is it bright, is that Ancient Gears now have a 2-card combo that can go into the rank 2, 4, 5, 8, and 9 toolbox without using a normal summon. And both cards are searchable, between Terraforming and Ancient Gear Drill, if a bit slow.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Watching GX, I'm now upto the second year arc, on Episode 60.

I just can't stop being annoyed that the subs don't match the names at all. I can clearly hear him say Feather Man, Burst Lady, Blade Man ect in English, but they changed the name from Megaman like names to random names.

Like why can't Die Hard Guy just be Die Hard Guy, that one got changed to Captain Tenacious.

Dahbomb

I just can't stop being annoyed that the subs don't match the names at all. I can clearly hear him say Feather Man, Burst Lady, Blade Man ect in English, but they changed the name from Megaman like names to random names.
I think it's because those cards are called different names in the TCG (like Featherman is called Avian and Burst Lady is called Burstinatrix). When you see the dub they use these English names.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think it's because those cards are called different names in the TCG (like Featherman is called Avian and Burst Lady is called Burstinatrix). When you see the dub they use these English names.
Yeah, so I guess I'm more bitching about why did they change the names in the first place? Was the Megaman throwback not cool enough for kids a decade ago?

Oh well, at least they aren't trying to use the English character names, seeing the Dubs names on the Wiki, they are all significant downgrades.

Regiruler

Like why can't Die Hard Guy just be Die Hard Guy, that one got changed to Captain Tenacious.
The original destiny hero names are trash.

EMT0

Banned
That's what the Fusion SP is for :D

That's also my bet. It's called Fusion Enforcers, I figure it couldn't possibly be anything else. Maybe between that booster and the structure deck Ancient Gears might be rogue-tier.

My other bets for the booster are Predator Plants. Lunalights, and Fluffals in that order.

That's also my bet. It's called Fusion Enforcers, I figure it couldn't possibly be anything else. Maybe between that booster and the structure deck Ancient Gears might be rogue-tier.

My other bets for the booster are Predator Plants. Lunalights, and Fluffals in that order.

Predator Plants desperately need the support so I really want them to be in the Fusion SP, all the Yuyas have been represented in the Booster SP as well. Ancient Gear Fusions could be like the Goyo monsters of this set.

I'm sad that Lunalight Crimson Fox isn't in The Dark Illusion. :(
https://ygorganization.com/snake_bond_solitaire_lore_lost/

Regiruler

The imports are cramped from a lack of WSUP2. Until the other region premieres are cleared, expect a lot of cards to be put on the backburner.

nlh08ks.png

Dark Side of Dimensions Movie Pack releases today!

New archetypes introduced are the Magician Girls (w/Chocolate Magician Girl imported!) and the Cubic monsters that are used by Aigami in the movie.
Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon is a big boost to Blue-Eyes decks while the new Gold and Silver Gadgets are useful for the future ABCs and new Ancient Gears.

Dahbomb

RIP in peace Kozmos, literally every card banned for World Championships.

Also Dante, Pantheism and Domain at 1 so Burning Abyss and Monarchs got hit hard too. Damn shame because those two are one of the few decks I can play in this game lol.

Fj0823

Didn't know Kozmos were region exclusive, I kinda figured something like that was going on.

Star Wars + Wizard of Oz doesn't exactly scream "Japanese" :p, dem Kaijus do.

Also, Can we take a moment to appreciate Nirvana High Paladin?

Dude's fucking Amazing in Odd-Eyes, just add a couple of TimeGazer Magicians to the deck and wreck shit

EDIT: ARC V was SO BAD last week. LOL, guess they can't be all winners

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
And it's gonna be one of the promos for the Yugi Mega Tin 2016. Kaiba gets a reprint of a Secret Rare monster (Blue-Eyes Spirit) while Yugi gets a reprint of a Super Rare monster.
Really? That's dumb.

What are the other promo cards i didn't know the info got out there yet

Wichu

Went to The Dark Illusion sneak peek and won a raffle for the mat.

I also won a mat. But I earned it by DUELING FIVE PEOPLE INTO SUBMISSION.

My pulls were terrible though. No Secrets and a worthless Ultra. I was surprised that my deck functioned as well as it did, with no low pendulum scales or giant beaters (Amaterasu doesn't really count, though she was insane):

1x Performapal Bot-Eyes Lizard
1x Performapal Bubblebowwow
1x Magician of Dark Illusion
2x Magician's Robe
1x Magician's Rod
1x Metalfoes Steelen
1x Scapeghost
1x Amaterasu
2x Wrecker Panda
1x Fairy Tail - Snow
1x Floodgate Trap Hole
1x Unified Front
1x Pendulum Hole
1x Empowerment
1x Paleozoic Olenoides
1x Paleozoic Hallucigenia
1x Paleozoic Canadia
1x Paleozoic Pikaia

Wrecker Panda is best mascot. He is also the defeater of TRUE KING AGNIMAZUD, THE VANISHER. You get in Panda's way, you get wrecked.

Really? That's dumb.

What are the other promo cards i didn't know the info got out there yet
https://ygorganization.com/tcg-two-more-mega-tin-promos/
Just those two so far, the other Empowered monsters are also rumored to be in it. (We got 1 and the field spell in TDIL)
I also won a mat. But I earned it by DUELING FIVE PEOPLE INTO SUBMISSION.

My pulls were terrible though. No Secrets and a worthless Ultra. I was surprised that my deck functioned as well as it did, with no low pendulum scales or giant beaters (Amaterasu doesn't really count, though she was insane):

1x Performapal Bot-Eyes Lizard
1x Performapal Bubblebowwow
1x Magician of Dark Illusion
2x Magician's Robe
1x Magician's Rod
1x Metalfoes Steelen
1x Scapeghost
1x Amaterasu
2x Wrecker Panda
1x Fairy Tail - Snow
1x Floodgate Trap Hole
1x Unified Front
1x Pendulum Hole
1x Empowerment
1x Paleozoic Olenoides
1x Paleozoic Hallucigenia
1x Paleozoic Canadia
1x Paleozoic Pikaia

Wrecker Panda is best mascot. He is also the defeater of TRUE KING AGNIMAZUD, THE VANISHER. You get in Panda's way, you get wrecked.
I was going to enter the tournament too but I was told that it would be 4 hours later so I was happy I ended up winning a mat through the raffle. :D

n68Irue.png

The Dark Illusion releases today!

Dark Magician gets support that searches his powerful Spell/Trap effects from the Deck and brings him onto the field easily.
Use Metalfoes to destroy your cards and set their Spell/Traps from the deck filling up your Extra Deck in the process.
Subterrors and SPYRAL's are new TCG-Exclusive themes that take advantage of Flip effects and can give you a peek into your opponents deck respectively.

Wichu

So I got my two boxes in. Notable pulls:

1x Dark Magical Circle
1x Magician Navigation
1x Coral Dragon
1x The Hidden City
1x Subterror Behemoth Umastryx
1x SPYRAL Super Agent
1x True King Agnimazud, the Vanisher
1x Master Peace, the True Dracoslayer
1x Block Dragon
1x Tyrant Red Dragon Archfiend
2x Premature Return

Traded Umastryx and the Floodgate Trap Hole from the Sneak Peek for another Dark Magical Circle, and am trading the Coral Dragon for another Magician Navigation tomorrow. I have a potential trade lined up for the last Dark Magical Circle too. Just need to find someone else with a Magician Navigation now.

Chase17

Thinking I might try to get back into the series for the first time since GX. Going to start up the Arc series (which doesn't seem to be on crunchyroll although the other series are, will have to look for where I can find it).

What is the best video game to catch me up on the series/game mechanics? I know there is a console game that came out a year or so ago and also some mobile games.

Fj0823

Thinking I might try to get back into the series for the first time since GX. Going to start up the Arc series (which doesn't seem to be on crunchyroll although the other series are, will have to look for where I can find it).

What is the best video game to catch me up on the series/game mechanics? I know there is a console game that came out a year or so ago and also some mobile games.

Legacy of the Duelist. Check my thread on that game, it's in the OP.

Watching Arc-V should be enough to catch up though.

EMT0

Banned
All this news warms my heart, if only because new cards are always exciting.

So on the topic of Worlds, who do we think is going to win it? I figure the favorite is Blue-Eyes due to being at full power in both the OCG and TCG, with Demise decks as a runner up due to also being able to spam anti-Blue-Eyes stuff while also running an engine. Or in other words...I think Satellars could win Worlds again, followed by Blue-Eyes, followed by other rogue decks. Raidraptors and Psy-Frame will do really well and land in the Top 16 is my dark horse bet.

Regiruler

Demise Artifacts

I legitimately think it's the most explosive demise deck legal for worlds, and they're incredibly resilient to trap floodgates due to literally playing 6+ MSTs in the maindeck.

Regiruler

Do you smell that? Can you hear it?

The salt of player's tears, the sweat for banlist fears? Cries of poor meta representation, of a format's desecration?

Worlds is just upon us.

Top Bottom