• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links begins global launch, out in North America/Asia (iOS/Android)

Does this have those nonsense black and white cards and synchro whatever the fuck? I don't fuck with any of that.

Personally I like Syncro but XYZ and Pendulum I could give less of a fuck for. Pendulum summon in particular feels like cheating so you can summon as many monsters as you have in your hand.

Personally I like Syncro but XYZ and Pendulum I could give less of a fuck for. Pendulum summon in particular feels like cheating so you can summon as many monsters as you have in your hand.

The thing is, pendulum summoning doesn't just allow that, it requires monster be between specific levels, and is easily mitigated by using an MST. Plus, there are many more ways besides pendulum summoning to get multiple monsters out at once. Having a full field of monsters in this current meta doesn't mean squat.

Edit: But I understand being on the outside looking in, it is daunting, and I respect people not willing to put up with the bullshit of the current game.

Yooooo this is actually great so far. I'm just doing all the tutorials and grabbing tons of crystals and cards from them to refresh myself since I haven't played YGO in like 10 years.

Nudull

Banned
Playing it now and...yeah. This makes the recent western-released YGO games look like a joke.

The anime-style, pick-up-and-play format makes this ideal and fun for a mobile game, and it's definitely one of the nicer-looking games out there.I'm kinda debating between spending my gems now, or hoarding them in case any special boosters come out.

gryvan

omg sweet sweet auto duels

thank you for not letting me waste billions of time on boring generic duel person #2364

Koyuga

Wait, what is even the point of this if it doesn't have current sets? No reason for me to play this over 3rd party online dueling programs like YGOpro?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'll play this, looking for a Hearthstone replacement. But if someone summons two 4000 ATK monsters on turn one I'm fucking out.

Chille

Being android I was able to err acquire this even though it isn't out in my region yet, any idea what I should look for in a starter card or whatever it is we pull at the start?

Tapping the screen speeds up the talking and action.

Still slow as shit.

Found the actual option:
When you're in a duel, go to the settings (the hamburger button or whatever they call it nowadays),
Change the tab to "settings"
Scroll all the way down
Turn off "Character Lines".

Also, a quick(debatable)/alternate way to enter battle phase is to swipe up on a monster, it will ask if you want to go to it. also weird how going to battle is the option below ending your turn on the sidebar

Still slow as shit.

Found the actual option:
When you're in a duel, go to the settings (the hamburger button or whatever they call it nowadays),
Change the tab to "settings"
Scroll all the way down
Turn off "Character Lines".

That's odd I'm playing the JP version and tapping the screen skips dialog and speeds up action.

Raysoul

Why the hell are you re-rolling for a Kurib-

When an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; change the attacking monster to Defense Position. When you Ritual Summon a monster, you can banish this card from your Graveyard as 1 of the monsters required for the Ritual Summon.

-oooooohhhhhh

Nudull

Banned
Wait, what is even the point of this if it doesn't have current sets? No reason for me to play this over 3rd party online dueling programs like YGOpro?

We will likely go through all the other eras of Yu-Gi-Oh as the game develops.

I was curious if the game had voice cues for random cards (not just monsters) and sure enough Mai made a lolworthy comment about Shadow of Eyes. BEST YUGIOH GAME EVER.

I hope everyone tells you what Pot of Greed does.

This is great for lapsed players like myself. I quit just when XYZ monsters were being introduced, so what the game is right now seems pretty simple to me.
I hope it goes through and eventually introduces more and more of the card types so I can learn how to use them.

Which of these boosters is considered best? Should I just stick to one and go for it?

If you tap the boosters, you can view the cards the set contains. It's still random chance (but there is max amounts you can get from what I understand that way RNG eventually runs out, unless you "reset" the booster, and it refills the card pool) look at the cards and decide what type of deck you want to build.\\
don't forget apparently characters have skills you can unlock (like The Pharaoh starting with Yami in play) and unique starter decks, so you can possibly build around supporting their better cards.

Listonosh

The production of this game alone makes the last console released game look like a joke. This is everything I wanted in the graphics department and it's on mobile. This is great playing old school again. Release this on consoles with micro transactions and I would play ☺

Was literally coming here to post this! I can't believe how awesome this is!

I especially love all the voice lines during the battles. Like, holy fuck it makes them so much more epic. Damn, putting that PS4 game to shame.

Chille

Can someone explaining me what happens if you use a card in defense?

Unless a monster has an effect or an equip spell card to negate this, then damage dealt to a monster while in defense means you will not take life point damage when it is destroyed in battle.

Can someone explaining me what happens if you use a card in defense?

A card in defense will have damage calculated against their defense stat.
If the atk of an attacking monster is...
Less than the defense, the attacker will take battle damage, but the attacking card will not be destroyed.
equal to the defense, neither player will take damage and neither card will be destroyed.
Greater than the defense, the defending monster will be destroyed, but the owner of the card will take no battle damage

So, was someone planning on doing an OT, or is this our thread for now?

This thread is our thread...

lczdp.jpg

Slowly building my spellcaster deck from back in the day. It always worked well with Yugi. I just wish I had an idea about what cards are actually in the game.

Kouriozan

"This item is no available in your country" (France)
Global launch my ass x)

Sounds like the game can be pretty frustrating already with the impressions.

Slowly building my spellcaster deck from back in the day. It always worked well with Yugi. I just wish I had an idea about what cards are actually in the game.

I think you can see the entire catalog available by going to the "Card Studio" area on the main map, and going to "Card Catalog."

ZangBa

Sucks you guys playing now missed out on getting Pegasus and his cards. The event will probably come back again, but who knows when. Relinquished is fun to use with the new Djinn cards.

Top Bottom