• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

MiTYH

Based on what you've told me I tried my best.
EStJFMRh.png

Just throw in whatever big fusion monster + Riryoku I guess instead of Master of Oz. The thing with Oz is that don't need an extra card (Riryoku in this case) to hit the 10k damage mark, since 800 ATK from the Piranha + 4200 ATK from Oz gives Piranha 5000 attack with Martyr, for a 10k damage with Piranha's effect.

So instead of Oz: summon big fusion monster turn before or on the last turn -> summon Piranha on the last turn -> use Secret Pass on Piranha -> use Riryoku on fusion monster -> use Martyr on fusion monster and u will be set for 10k damage.

Appreciate it! One final question:

What is the best way to get drop skills? I'm missing harpies hunting grounds for Valentine, and apparently destiny draw for Yugi. Is it really just finding a deck to farm LDs, and grinding until it magically drops?

cHinzo

Appreciate it! One final question:

What is the best way to get drop skills? I'm missing harpies hunting grounds for Valentine, and apparently destiny draw for Yugi. Is it really just finding a deck to farm LDs, and grinding until it magically drops?

Just farm LDs with a farm deck usually. Going for HHG deck is an excellent choice btw, since that deck isn't too expensive. I got HHG randomly dropped during the Pegasus event, when farming him for points. Just make use of the event LDs (although Bakura is terrible to farm against) for a free chance on a skill drop.

Im level 30 ish and I was trying to make a competitive beast deck based on this
m.jpg

but now Im hearing that this deck is ranked pretty low in the meta, why is this? Because it costs a lot of life points?

Off hand, beast decks are just super expensive in general since you usually want 3 and 3 of the URs from that set. Other than that, they're just sort of a brute force beatdown deck without a lot of tricks or gimmicks to them and they have trouble getting over anyone who can summon a bigger monster (Blue eyes probably being the most common). They also don't typically have any outs for some of the other common decks you might see like Relinquished, or 3 Star Demotion, or Toons. The game really favors back row destruction right now, which beasts also typically lack.

Off hand, beast decks are just super expensive in general since you usually want 3 and 3 of the URs from that set. Other than that, they're just sort of a brute force beatdown deck without a lot of tricks or gimmicks to them and they have trouble getting over anyone who can summon a bigger monster (Blue eyes probably being the most common). They also don't typically have any outs for some of the other common decks you might see like Relinquished, or 3 Star Demotion, or Toons. The game really favors back row destruction right now, which beasts also typically lack.

Wouldn't that be solved by adding some destruction cards? I mean, Enemy Controller and Mirror Wall, plus Hane Hane should be enough to deal with most monsters.

Wyvern and Inpachi look to be buried at the bottom of my second box.

I've been through half of a Crimson Kingdom box since my last reset and I haven't pulled a single UR, and 1 of each Dark Freed, Goka and Citadel as SRs (and still not a single Day Grepher)

Sölf

I just started this yesterday. Me and a friend were searching for something to play Yu-Gi-Oh! since all the big sites and games have been closed. So far, this looks good enough, even if all the modern cards are missing, but considering that this is a Gacha, that's probably for the best.

So, since I am still starting out and just about to reach stage 7, at which level to the NPC enemies get stronger/more complex decks? The beginning is really boring and the level 10 legendary duelists aren't really any better (except for them having a few stronger monsters).

cHinzo

I would say starting from lvl 27 they will get anoying decks like Clown Control. I agree the beginning is boring, but imagine going up against good decks while u still have shit cards. If u want to get stomped without having a good deck, u can try to climb ranked I guess. :d

Sölf

I woukd say starting from lvl 27 they will get anoying decks like Clown Control. I agree the beginning is boring, but imagine going up against good decks while u still have shit cards. If u want to get stomped without having a good deck, u can try to climb ranked I guess. :d

I don't necessarily want strong decks, just stuff like, maybe an effect monster? Or a spell card? And not just non effect monsters. xD

Also, I just lost to Tea because I have like 2 monsters at the moment with more than 1300 attack and I of course didn't draw them... xD

cHinzo

Sölf;242183370 said:
I don't necessarily want strong decks, just stuff like, maybe an effect monster? Or a spell card? And not just non effect monsters. xD

Also, I just lost to Tea because I have like 2 monsters at the moment with more than 1300 attack and I of course didn't draw them... xD

At stage 20 they also start use some effect monsters, fusion and ritual decks. :D Just rack in the easy charms in the beginning.

bchamba

I've only been playing this game since the most recent Pegasus event and I love it. I'm currently using this Red Eyes/Dark Paladin/Dragon Slayer deck. It's only ever gotten me to Platinum 2 but it's really fun to use.

TL10Nf7l.png

Sölf

So, since I am still at the start, how "easy" is it to aquire premium currency? Considering a single booster costs 50 and you only get 3 cards that's not really much to go by.

cHinzo

Sölf;242253570 said:
So, since I am still at the start, how "easy" is it to aquire premium currency? Considering a single booster costs 50 and you only get 3 cards that's not really much to go by.
Imo this is one of the more generous games compared to card games like Hearthstone. Just participate in all the different events to claim those free gems. Just don't expect to be able to play every deck as a f2p player though. U gotta focus on what u like to play and buy the right packs for the deck, since u most likely won't be able to complete every box with the rate they are releasing them and the rate u get the gems.

I spend like 8k gems on the latest box during the Super Joey event and I saved up to almost 6k gems again, ready for the next box.

Sölf;242181261 said:
I just started this yesterday. Me and a friend were searching for something to play Yu-Gi-Oh! since all the big sites and games have been closed. So far, this looks good enough, even if all the modern cards are missing, but considering that this is a Gacha, that's probably for the best.

So, since I am still starting out and just about to reach stage 7, at which level to the NPC enemies get stronger/more complex decks? The beginning is really boring and the level 10 legendary duelists aren't really any better (except for them having a few stronger monsters).

Yeah the Standard duelists will ramp in difficulty. They will never really be HARD but more a "gear check" on your deck over time. Even then they are mostly there to be auto duel / grinding for exp and keys. The "meat" of the game comes from PVP and to a lesser degree, the events and legendary duelists. Right now, for example, there is a Bakura event that is REALLY challenging to get high scores on even for people with every card.

The game is also relatively generous with its f2p currency but as others have said, your downside will be your inability to play any deck you want so you will have to focus on something. Currently, some of the easiest/cheapest decks for new players to play are Rex Dinosaurs, Mai Harpies, etc. There are very useful sites for duel links I suggest you look at for help:

Duel Links Reddit
Duel Links Gamea
Yuidecks.com
Duel Links Meta - This one has a pretty good guide for F2P decks. F2P Gem Guide

Sölf

Yeah the Standard duelists will ramp in difficulty. They will never really be HARD but more a "gear check" on your deck over time. Even then they are mostly there to be auto duel / grinding for exp and keys. The "meat" of the game comes from PVP and to a lesser degree, the events and legendary duelists. Right now, for example, there is a Bakura event that is REALLY challenging to get high scores on even for people with every card.

The game is also relatively generous with its f2p currency but as others have said, your downside will be your inability to play any deck you want so you will have to focus on something. Currently, some of the easiest/cheapest decks for new players to play are Rex Dinosaurs, Mai Harpies, etc. There are very useful sites for duel links I suggest you look at for help:

Duel Links Reddit
Duel Links Gamea
Yuidecks.com
Duel Links Meta - This one has a pretty good guide for F2P decks. F2P Gem Guide

Thanks for the links, but I will probably just play how I feel and not really try to build some of the meta decks (mainly because I play this game probably only for a few weeks and then stop).

On that note, I love the various masks (like Mask of the Accursed) and after 69 boosters finally got one (already had 2 Masks of Dispel). Now I only need enough other cards to build around those. xD

Sölf

New patch, that revamped Ranked Duels and also introduced structured decks. Since I just started out I bought the deck, if only to get access to several 1700 ATK monsters, which is still pretty high for me at the moment. It also looks like you could purchase the deck a second time, but only with real money. Else the deck costs 500 gems and has 20 cards (so 10 less than what you would get out of boosters, but it has synergy and what not).

fersnake

Sölf;242551611 said:
New patch, that revamped Ranked Duels and also introduced structured decks. Since I just started out I bought the deck, if only to get access to several 1700 ATK monsters, which is still pretty high for me at the moment. It also looks like you could purchase the deck a second time, but only with real money. Else the deck costs 500 gems and has 20 cards (so 10 less than what you would get out of boosters, but it has synergy and what not).

Btw F2P players only can buy 1 time those decks with gems :S

Btw F2P players only can buy 1 time those decks with gems :S

This is rather unnerving to me, at least thinking about the future of the game. I find this game really, really generous with everything. I'm F2P only and have never even thought about buying cards because everything is available ad with a little luck and rational spending, you can make a meta deck with no problem.

Now, the Structures are interesting and have some useful cards. They're a great gateway to having a nice Deck without relying on luck (that much luck at least), but if they're limited in purchase to F2P players, it becomes a problem, because it may begin to become a hard P2W game.

Imagine if Mirror Wall, Enemy Controller, Sphere Kuriboh and Order to Charge were limited to 1 to F2P players, or even worse, if Boss Monsters such as Relinquished, Daedalus and Gravekeeper's Ascendant (or whatever the name of the GK boss) could only be bought with real money?

Sölf

I just hope we can get these cards from other sources. Then I would have no problem. Paying 500 gems to get 20 guaranteed cards I could maybe get from by paying only ~350 gems? Well, sure, no problem.

But yeah, if you get some cards only from here and no other source, that's really shitty toward F2P players.

A.J.

Banned
I imagine they will fix it since they have been good about listening to the fans on stuff like this. It could also be a bug.

Won a duel in which my opponent got Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon and a regular Blue-Eyes into play and I just played 3 facedown creatures and 1 trap card. Yomi Ships and Michizure too good.

So I'm getting random wins in PVP with my Daedalus Hammer Shark deck but nothing consistent.

Cerebrus farming deck is done, able to farm 40 Rex, which will eventually lead to 40 Mako farm. Slowly but slowly.

Couple of questions.

What chase cards, non-leveling rewards should, I work towards? From what I gather Mirror Wall (1), Enemy Controller (3), Sphere Kuriboh (1)? I have none of these but I'm just looking for what direction to go in.

What are the best non-Bakura drop cards to get with EX gems? Is Big Shield Garda worth blowing all my EX gems on?

cHinzo

What chase cards, non-leveling rewards should, I work towards? From what I gather Mirror Wall (1), Enemy Controller (3), Sphere Kuriboh (1)? I have none of these but I'm just looking for what direction to go in.

What are the best non-Bakura drop cards to get with EX gems? Is Big Shield Garda worth blowing all my EX gems on?

Definitely farm for those Enemy Controllers. Maybe try to get 30 and 100 wins in pvp this month, so u can pick up 2 free SRs from Legendary Duelists without farming em. Mirror Wall and Kuriboh are nice to have, but not necessary for every deck. Kinda depends on what kind of deck u want to build.

We're getting 1000 gems for the half (lol) year anniversary of this game and Duel-A-Thon is also coming back next week. It's gonna rain gems! Also a new mini-box incoming with more zombie support and u can make a decent Naturia deck with all those new cards. I'm not too interested in this box, since I got 0 Gozuki....

MiTYH

Super Joey's here and, man, I need to get farming on drop skills.

No labyrinth wall skill, so can't use that.
No Union Attack, but hopefully i can farm when the next run comes in.

Stuck with a holy guard unhappy girl, but I'm missing things like Storm to get rid of those traps. Going to try to fix a deck as best I can and hope for the best

cHinzo

^Just farm Odion for a bit for Storm?

Saved up to 9k gems today. New mini box doesn't look too hot outside of Super Rush Headlong. Dnno if it's worth it to try to get 2 or 3 of em. :\

I guess imma try to get Red Eyes Insight from Super Joey during this event. Played a lot of Red Eyes Turbo lately, but it's just not as fun as HHG. That shit bricks way too often. Hopefully Insight can fix that.

cHinzo

Yeah it's what I'm doing. I just hate farming in general -_-
I just farm the cards that I want for a cool deck or get the gems from events and then I'm too tired to play more Duel Links and skip the pvp lol.

Just got my first Insight from the second Super Joey that spawned. Event started well so far and farming with Lab Wall is pretty easy.

cHinzo

Aight, took 2 Super Joey events, but managed to get all the cards I wanted from him.

Also spend all my gems during the first Super Joey event and managed to save back up to 10k gems when they brought the second Joey event back. Spend 5k on the newest mini Box and managed to get the 3 Phoenix required for that new deck. If that one fails, the Naturia deck is gonna be my backup.

Hoping the next event is a bit more fun though with that new Legendary Duelist that's coming.

cHinzo

Anti-Magic Arrows seems like a great card. Hoping to get one of those during the event. :D Too bad it's delayed though.

cHinzo

Arkana is out! Getting too many lvl 30 spawns, but he did drop his Dark Magician once. I'll try to get two of those Anti-Magic Arrows, but he's pretty anoying to farm.

A.J.

Banned
Arkana is lame, but I like that the cutscenes for when you complete his challenges hint at Marik coming.

Arkana is out! Getting too many lvl 30 spawns, but he did drop his Dark Magician once. I'll try to get two of those Anti-Magic Arrows, but he's pretty anoying to farm.

I've completed maybe ten duels against him, and only got lvl 40 maybe three times. I got nothing from him so far

cHinzo

He has been the easiest guy to farm though. Need to beat him 5 more times lol.
I had like a 50% winrate against him in my first 14 battles, but I'm getting the hang of it now. Got 2 Anti-Magic Arrows and 2 Dark Magicians from him. Would like to have one more arrow and the other SR before the event ends.

I'm Don't really like where the meta is going btw. Lots of special summons and swarm going on. Feels so braindead.

spidye

I hate HATE the rng in this game

Been tyring to farm HHG for 2 months now with mai

Super joey and arkana haven't give me even one UR card until now

And I thought destiny's rng was bad

A.J.

Banned
I hate HATE the rng in this game

Been tyring to farm HHG for 2 months now with mai

Super joey and arkana haven't give me even one UR card until now

And I thought destiny's rng was bad
I take it you mean SR for Joey since he didn't have any UR cards on his drop list.

Having one RE Spirit sucks since if you draw it, Insight becomes useless.

Also the cpu is so retarded, always putting the Wyvern in the grave over REs even though its easy as hell to special summon it from the grave.

Top Bottom