• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

MiTYH

New event is great for one reason: I FINALLY GOT MY FIRST UNION ATTACK!

RNG gonna RNG, but it's nice when it works in your favor. In my opinion, this is payback for making me go to the last pack way back when to get BEUD

RNG gonna RNG, but it's nice when it works in your favor. In my opinion, this is payback for making me go to the last pack way back when to get BEUD

I know right? My first Gozuki was in the first 10 packs of the box, the second 50 in, but my last one was 130 packs in. But I haven't gotten anything good so far.

Anyway, congrats on your Union Attack. I wish I had a use for mine, as I foolishly traded my GK Vassal for gems when I started the game. I was like "Meh, I bet it's as useless as in the physical game".

I love this event. I wish we had something similar all year long, I love the feeling of progression, rolling the dice and all that. And I finally have an use for Orbs, I've been saving mine since the game started and used them only for the first Duel-a-thon, so I have 280+

cHinzo

Noice! Spend 900 coins here, got crap lol. At least there is a free Union Attack on the third board, so that's cool. I'm enjoying this event a lot. Interesting new decks for LDs, mini missions for additional rewards instead of trying to get through 20 cards in ur deck and do the same boring thing over and over again at the last turn.

Anteo

Oh wow. Kaiba actually sumoned the ultimate white dragon on the quest. Only 4 cards on hand and he still did it.

Oh wow. Kaiba actually sumoned the ultimate white dragon on the quest. Only 4 cards on hand and he still did it.

The same happened to me. I had nothing to counter it and lost that game.

All the level 40 legendary duelists seem to have super decks

Yeah, but that makes it more fun. I actually had to try three times against Mako and two against Kaiba.

I was expecting Bonz and Panik to make appearances, at least as enemies, but well, I guess not.

A.J.

Banned
Yeah, but that makes it more fun. I actually had to try three times against Mako and two against Kaiba.

I was expecting Bonz and Panik to make appearances, at least as enemies, but well, I guess not.

Yeah, Kaiba got me a few times before I came back with a Dragon Destroyer deck

Well, finally unlocked Yugi and I can say, his Level Up rewards are great. Valkyrion, Delta and Dark Red Enchanter, although his abilities are not that great, other than the discount Beatdown.

Anyway, still great for Valkyrion plus the gems.

273-728-274 is my duelist ID.

Haven't been having much trouble vs the duelists but thats cause my beatdown brings out 3 1.8k monster by turn 5 most of the time lol. Using Mako now so nuke and kill is pretty easy too.

cHinzo

Fuck Pegasus and his Relinquished lol. Took me so many times to defeat him. 😭 Finally unlocked Yugi boy.

BrunOz

This event feels refreshing after being burn out for a while with this game single player, I'm really liking it so far, feel free to add me GAF: 384-401-412

I hate dueling against Mako. I run no Spell/Trap destruction in my Deck and he has Tornado Wall, so I can't damage him until he Summons Daedalus, and then I have to deal with Daedalus and end up topdecking.

I hate dueling against Mako. I run no Spell/Trap destruction in my Deck and he has Tornado Wall, so I can't damage him until he Summons Daedalus, and then I have to deal with Daedalus and end up topdecking.

Kaiba is the most annoying with his shitty monster reborn. Have to be careful with what I discard. He also seems to always draw Champ. Might have to just spam Dragon Destroyer. Didn't have trouble with him the first time around and now I'm struggling like crazy lol.

cHinzo

New box is out. Nothing interesting for me though. I'm still waiting until they drop those Horus cards. Gonna use those cards forever. :D

MiTYH

Just finished the first "round" of stages, and already have 2 union attacks! That guarantees me getting 3 by the time I finish round 3. Taking my time with it, doubt I'll do much part the next union attack. Honestly, for this alone it's worth it for me

Also spent 1000 gems (20 packs), got the silent magician UR from the new pack. Was hoping for spear dragon, not sure if I'll keep trying.

I sent a bunch of friend requests. If you can, please send 1-card opening hand vagabond challenges my way. I want to speed up the leveling process.

cHinzo

5k coins and 0 Union Attacks smh. At least close to getting my guaranteed one, but this shit is getting ridiculous.

5k coins and 0 Union Attacks smh. At least close to getting my guaranteed one, but this shit is getting ridiculous.

Drop rates are weird. I have done many rolls and I've only gotten 1 holo pack, and with Toon Barrel Dragon...

But I got both UR from the new box with my free 500 gems, so I guess my luck is in boxes, not in event drops.

cHinzo

Drop rates are weird. I have done many rolls and I've only gotten 1 holo pack, and with Toon Barrel Dragon...

But I got both UR from the new box with my free 500 gems, so I guess my luck is in boxes, not in event drops.
Just got my first Union Attack from the packs, so I'm already satisfied with this event. 😁 Took almost 8k coins to get one though. Oh well, lately kinda unlucky with these events. Mokuba and Mai both didn't drop those new UR cards for me, but it's no big deal. Hoping to get those next time they're around.

Still saving up those gems atm. Back at close to 7K after spending 10K on the Electric Overload one. Having a new character in Yugi helps a lot. They're saying the next box is gonna be a big one in terms of influencing the meta. Guess it drops in like 2-3 weeks?

No Union Attack for me either lol. Running out of dice is too easy. They should up the amount of dice you get per duel to 10 if you win.

Fj0823

I just found out Silent Magician is a woman when she hits level 8! o_O

Explains the new card

latest

I didn't find out until they released the "Silent Magician" card... Makes sense in retrospect with Silent Swordsman.

Well, yeah. She's been my waifu since long, long ago after all.

Finally got a second Kuriboh. I'll still try to get a third one, although I rarely use three of a card in any deck. I still don't know if all the game is slow enough for its support cards to be useful, but if Ice Barriers can compete, I believe Kuriboh has a chance.

And got my third Kuriboh. Now I need some Limit Reverse from the new Box.

This event's survey is up, so please be sure to comment and rate the event. It seems they really listen to our comments and in the end, it takes no more than two minutes to rate 1-5 everything at the very least.

And be sure to tell them that Toon Barrel Dragon is broken as hell!

This event's survey is up, so please be sure to comment and rate the event. It seems they really listen to our comments and in the end, it takes no more than two minutes to rate 1-5 everything at the very least.

And be sure to tell them that Toon Barrel Dragon is broken as hell!

lol Will do man. Can't wait till the next chronicle event like this comes. I wonder if we will get the filler arc with the VR and FGD lol.

Also I won a duel with Exodia vs AI. That shit was pretty cool and 3k points is awesome. Too bad it takes forever to gather all 5 pieces.

cHinzo

Didn't get a single Toon Barrel Dragon here. >_> Did start with 0 Union Attacks and managed to get 4 of em plus a single Horn of the Unicorn! :D Kinda done with this event though.

Just started playing this game last week and it's actually pretty fun. Better than I expected for a f2p yugioh game.

My code is 264 795 559 if anyone wants to add me

I added a few of you to my friends list. Here is my ID: 041-192-703

Right now I'm still running Hammer Shark in PvP. Experimenting with fiends and a dragon beatdown deck I found. Trying to get my second SRH but the RNJesus doesn't want me to get it.

Only if you linked your account to konami account system

I think you can also do it with Google Play with your account, but you still need to do it manually. I think it may be possible to restore it by messing around the android files, but without it, there's no way to recover it.

---

So, the Rex Raptor event is out. Some nice "new" Dinosaur support and the first "discard to get Field Spell" available to public, and with Jurassic World on the field it becomes a 2300 beatstick.
While Dinosaur beatdown will be able to consistently get out more beatsticks (and will be able to replace a destroyed Jurassic World), I don't think it will become a meta deck again, as just beatsticks don't cut it anymore.

Top Bottom