• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

I'm grinding for level ups to get Gems for packs, I never got anyone but Ishizu and Pegasus higher than 30, and some of them like Rex, Mako and Marik I hadn't even used.

I peaked at Legend 1 and I'm bored of playing against Red-Eyes, Ninjas and Phoenix, so I'm just making new Decks and playing against regular duelists and legendary duelists.

Right now I'm using Plants as my "casual Deck" and they work well, but I doubt they'll be good for competitive. Rose Lover is great, but it needs a way of getting into the Graveyard and since the Princesses are not searchable, I get a lot of bad hands if I don't use Balance.

I'm also considering making a Fushioh Richie Deck, since it is immune to target S/T and can revive some single use Zombies, like Goblin and... that Zombie that destroys S/T whose name I forgot. The problem is Great Dezard but maybe I can Soul Exchange and stuff for it.
And I'm also eyeing Akz, since I got two Caninetaur from the new Pack and maybe I could do something with them.

EDIT: Tried both, both are boring. I'll be back to Plants.

Didn't know Standard Duelists were getting new decks. Just faced one called at lvl 51 Lost City which is a Water deck with Legendary Ocean & Hammer Shark.

Thores

GX World is now up and running! I have good news: Jaden says "I throw down a face down" when he sets a card. Not sure if it's his original VA; he sounds a little off, but maybe he's just a decade out of practice.

cHinzo

Oh shit gems overload. Got +2300 gems today from the new DX release and log-in bonusses. :D

Edit: wow, those free SR and UR tickets also gonna help out a lot. Especially for newer players.

Edit2: holyshit the Bingo sheet gems are also sweet!

MiTYH

Loving all this new content. New duelists, bingo board is nice and easy, and lots of stuff to do!

Only just unlocked Jaden, we'll see how the Heroes stuff goes.

Skyo

Hey guys (hi Dandy), so im thinking of jumping back into the game.

Got 3k gems. Is there anything i need to know about the game. Are the structure decks good? anything I should prioritise, looks like i can unlock Mokuba.

Cheers - 543-570-983

Got 3k gems. Is there anything i need to know about the game. Are the structure decks good? anything I should prioritise, looks like i can unlock Mokuba.

Cheers - 543-570-983
Same as always, pull from boxes that have cards you like or that will fit a deck theme you want to build.
The new structures are good if you want to use Elemental Heroes or Warrior monsters. Nothing crazy in them but they each have some decent stuff to build off of.
GX just came out so most people are gonna be unlocking all the stuff that has to offer and exploring the new cards I think.

I got about 2300 gems from logins, plus a bunch other things. So much to do!
But I only got Floodgate, and now I have 4 Nobleman Eating Bug.

Now I'm wondering what should I trade my SR Ticket for...

Cheers - 543-570-983

Just be aware that you can only buy 1 copy of each Structure Deck with gems, any other has to be bought with real money.
I think the best of them is the Jaden Structure, Blazeman is good support for both Fusions and Heroes, two Polymerizations are nice and some other cards could be useful. The other new one is nice too, especially because it has D.D. Warrior and Marmiting Captain seems useful too, but I think you'll get more bang for your buck for the Jaden one, especially since we'll surely get more and more Heroes and fusions.

Other than the Structure Decks, I think the best Pack to get now is the Dawn of Destiny (Nepthys) Pack, as you can build a nice Phoenix Deck out of it and has some great UR, SR and some Rares.

Thores

Since nobody seems to be reporting this yet, I did the research myself:
LO3yYls.png

All the obtainable GX characters so far are reprised by their voice actors from the show. Chazz and Alexis are each voiced by their second voice actors, and the other three are the originals.

This gives me hope that we'll get Sean Schemmel back to voice Professor Crowler for the event. It would make me so happy.

All the obtainable GX characters so far are reprised by their voice actors from the show. Chazz and Alexis are each voiced by their second voice actors, and the other three are the originals.

This gives me hope that we'll get Sean Schemmel back to voice Professor Crowler for the event. It would make me so happy.
That's really cool! This game never ceases to impress me with how well-managed it seems. Maybe I'm used to other gacha games treating users like they're just money sources but the team behind Duel Links seems to try and cater to older fans regularly.

Joey's structure deck has X-Sabers. Those will be useful in the future.

The problem is that they're not the good ones. Anu Piranha is nice because her high ATK, and the other guy is kind of nice, like an alternative/better version of Leotaur. But I'm not sure if the X-Saber Spell/Trap cards are "too good" for this game, especially since they're half the reason they're good.

I still think the best things in the Deck are D.D. Warrior and Marmiting Captain.

MMMH 2000 Gems Feels good, probably not going to spend these until the next Mini Box releases.

Also Joey's Sturcture deck actually seems decent might just spend the $2 on that. Not so sure about Jaden's tho, but at only 2 bucks it might not be so bad to pick up.

Other than the Structure Decks, I think the best Pack to get now is the Dawn of Destiny (Nepthys) Pack, as you can build a nice Phoenix Deck out of it and has some great UR, SR and some Rares.

While I agree the Dawn of Destiny Pack is definitely worth it right now, I don't know if building a Phoenix Deck is since your going to want 3 Phoenix and that means a lot of box resets and dupes. Personally I'm waiting for the next Mini Box before focusing on a specific pack. But then again it will at least be a month before the next Box release so depending on what cards you already have it might not be so bad to get.

Joqu

season 4 dub when :(

While I agree the Dawn of Destiny Pack is definitely worth it right now, I don't know if building a Phoenix Deck is since your going to want 3 Phoenix and that means a lot of box resets and dupes. Personally I'm waiting for the next Mini Box before focusing on a specific pack. But then again it will at least be a month before the next Box release so depending on what cards you already have it might not be so bad to get.

Well, it's a small box so it's easier to get everything out of it, and with a little luck, you may not need to buy it all three times. And with Super Rush Headlong, Offerings to the Doomed and Heavy Knight of Flames, it's a nice box to get duplicates of, especially if you want a meta deck right now.

Well, it's a small box so it's easier to get everything out of it, and with a little luck, you may not need to buy it all three times. And with Super Rush Headlong, Offerings to the Doomed and Heavy Knight of Flames, it's a nice box to get duplicates of, especially if you want a meta deck right now.

You're right, I'm just personally paranoid about spending too much on a single box, when the next mini box should be out next month.

A.J.

Banned

You also get the Naturia cards which are still pretty decent.

You're right, I'm just personally paranoid about spending too much on a single box, when the next mini box should be out next month.

I try to not to worry about that myself. As soon as I have gems I spend them getting new stuff for Deck I like to tinker with...

---

I finally got my second Ananta, and it is a glossy one!

I'll keep opening packs for Horus LV8 and another LV6 and a second Floodgate, plus King of the Swamp if I get it before Horus and Floodgate, although I can finally begin testing my Worm Deck as I don't need them.

I love that, with the Joey skill addition, Konami is showing they're willing to tweak duelists to make them interesting / relevant. Now, Joey already had some great skills but starting with Sogen is perfect for newer players. Beatstick warriors might just be a thing.

cHinzo

I love that, with the Joey skill addition, Konami is showing they're willing to tweak duelists to make them interesting / relevant. Now, Joey already had some great skills but starting with Sogen is perfect for newer players. Beatstick warriors might just be a thing.
Wait, Joey has a field spell skill?

Level 10&20 LDs now drop UR and SR cards

Yeah, but the chances to get that must be as low as non-existent.

Any packs have elemental heroes in them? I got the structure.

Not yet, but you can get most of the original Heroes by leveling up Jaden, along with some fusions. There's a couple of Heroes that drop from Jaden in the Gate too.

---

I'm stuck in the "Get 5 Water Monsters" mission to unlock Asuka. And just so you know, cards gotten from Ticket exchange do not count.

Any packs have elemental heroes in them? I got the structure.

not an e hero but King of the Swamp from the new pack may be an important stable later on depending on what they release.

hmmm debating on getting a 3rd econ or amazoness archer with this ticket.. Think the Mai event will come back?

I'm trying hard to get a 2nd King of the Swamp I want three but I aint going that far again. I'm almost there I think but this week I've had shitty luck pulls. I probably spent around 13,000 gems in that deck already. lmao

Ouch, it's stuff like this that will forever prevent me from spending any serious cash on this game. So far I've only spent like $6 ($3 of my own cash the other 3 from Google options) on the sale and that didn't feel worth it at all. The only money I'll probably spend from now is on the structured decks since at least you get guaranteed cards.

Arthos

Is it only Pegasus and the Paradox Bros? Cause I was thinking of picking up two Union Attacks for farming since Yugi never dropped them for me.

For now, yeah. I'd imagine it'll be the case until they have more roaming duelists.

I don't even want to talk about how much I've spent on this game.

cHinzo

Is it only Pegasus and the Paradox Bros? Cause I was thinking of picking up two Union Attacks for farming since Yugi never dropped them for me.

I would guess they will add the other duelists to the gate later and focus on releasing GX events.

Did ya miss the Duelist Chronicles event? U would have gotten a guaranteed Union Attack from that event.

I just bought 3 Age of Discovery packs to get past that one.

Yeah, I ended up buying two packs to get them. At least I completed the "Get 1 Ritual Monster" by dueling a random roaming Asuka and getting Dakini.

So, I'm halfway through the Generation Next box and I've gotten Ananta, De-Fusion and King of the Swamp, and since I've been resetting the box, I've got 4 Nobleman Eater Bug and 4 B.E.S. Crystal Core, plus at least one of every other SR but B.E.S. Tetran and Flame Tiger.

I still want a second Floodgate, and maybe Horus Lv8 if I don't get Floodgate first.

Good lord trying to get 3 ranked wins is impossible when you don't have a PVP deck. I figured rookie rank would just be people full of base decks with hardly any cards.

Nope. It's all aggro with a million equips. Why are these people still in rookie rank?

Anteo

Good lord trying to get 3 ranked wins is impossible when you don't have a PVP deck. I figured rookie rank would just be people full of base decks with hardly any cards.

Nope. It's all aggro with a million equips. Why are these people still in rookie rank?

The first days of a season is insane. Everyone has good decks in the lowrr ranks but somehow thry dont win (except when they are matched against yourself) you cant even experiment in thr lowest rank

Now, im at gold 5 and i had some lucky with the matchmaking, everyone is using a stupid deck

A.J.

Banned

I'd imagine the base level would be the structure decks since those are pretty cheap to acquire. Are referring to people with 30 card decks focused mostly on beaters.

The first days of a season is insane. Everyone has good decks in the lowrr ranks but somehow thry dont win (except when they are matched against yourself) you cant even experiment in thr lowest rank

Now, im at gold 5 and i had some lucky with the matchmaking, everyone is using a stupid deck
Ohhhh I didn't even think about the seasons, lol. That makes MUCH more sense then. EIther way, going to put together a real deck and see if I can do better.

What kind of deck do you run?

Top Bottom