• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

cHinzo

Just managed to get my third and final Anti-Magic Arrows right before the event ends. 😁 Damn it took lots of farming this time, so unlucky.

New events are coming in august btw. Looks like we might be able to unluck Marik, duel-a-thon comes back with hopefully some juicy gems and we're gonna get Super Mai with some new cards.
I'm hoping for some more Harpie supporting cards, since the skill got sadly nerfed. I love that deck.

that comment on top :(

nbshjwO.png

cHinzo

Farming Marik with Labyrinth Builder is really easy luckily. His drops aren't too interesting, but I'm not gonna complain about free gold and gems. 😌 That Shadow Games is an anoying skill though. I'm gonna try out a Shadow Games Mill deck once I unluck Marik's skill.

I've been kinda busy with Fate Grand Order, but I'm still playing this.
I haven't unlocked Marik yet, but the only card I really want is Lord Poison, and Helpoemer is also interesting.

In other news, I'm still trying to get my third Gozuki, which seems to be at the bottom of the box, same as Il Blud and the gemini zombie, as I have 20 packs left in the mini box...

MiTYH

Well, I'm a mild idiot. Been trying to figure out why my Cerberus deck wasn't working against Marik, turns out I had Sorcery conduit as the skill (needs 1800 damage) instead of Draw Sense: Light (1500). I still think it's risky since he has that 1400 monster, but at least I'm more effective now

Really need to get on that labyrinth builder skill, but it just does.not.want to drop

Ranked just reset and you can trade in your Tickets.

Am definitely getting 2 econs to complete my set but am unsure of what to get with the N and R.

Crap should have ranked more. Oh well there is next time. Anyways pulled crap from the new box. Wanted XYZ dragon cannon as a alt deck for Kaiba.

Shinato might be fun with Pegasus too. Maybe Noah should be a duel world character lol.

cHinzo

Damn u can actually make some nice cheap decks from the new expansion. The Ninja deck and Ice Barrier deck are looking pretty fun.

Also the new SR card u can get from ur ranked rewards looks great for in Machine decks. If only Mako wasn't around. :d

Thores

Hey, I'm on Stage 53 and I need some advice.

First off, the "summon 60 Dinosaurs" quest. Are there enough good Dinosaur cards in the game to make a solid deck around them yet? Or do we have to wait for a new Box to release first?

Secondly, how the heck do I do the "play 10 Trap cards in one match" quest?

Thanks in advance for any help.

cHinzo

First off, the "summon 60 Dinosaurs" quest. Are there enough good Dinosaur cards in the game to make a solid deck around them yet? Or do we have to wait for a new Box to release first?

U can make a standard Dino Beatdown deck with Rex using his Dinosaur Kingdom skill and cards like Crawling Dragon #2, Two-Headed King Rex and Kabazauls.

U can prolly do the 10 trap cards quest against a random lvl 10 legendary duelists at the gate right? Shouldn't be too hard since they got shit decks lol.

Arthos

The extra 1k deck assessment has been great. I've been able to beat Mai level 30 and 40 by just auto-dueling with my basic beatdown deck. Tooling the first trap card she uses leaves her open.

Just got my 2nd Queen's Pawn. It's getting really tempting to make an Amazoness deck.

Anteo

Easy. Make a deck that recycles itself and play against a lvl 10. Thats how I beat all the "play X of Y thing"

Use "Two-Man Cell Battle" to summon extra monsters from your hand. tribute those normal monsters with "White Elephant's Gift" to draw 2 cards. Also "Jar of Avarice" will let you recycle these cards back to your deck, you can even use "Pot of Benevolence" to recycle those jar of avarice. fill your deck with whatever type of monster you need, and add some lvl 7+ normal monsters to tribute summon that way you can clear your own board a bit if you need to. It doenst matter if you mill yourself and lose, you should be getting around 15 summons for the type of monster you need per match, so 3 matches vs a lvl 10 duelist is enough to clear the quest.

You can do something similar for the trap quest, put traps that can be activated in your turn, add "Jar of Avarice" to recycle those, and add some draw here and there and you are done.

cHinzo

If u play Goblin's Housekeeping and Jar of Greeds as ur draw engine u only need 4 more trap cards to play. Just put some monsters in ur deck and some attack/defense modifying cards like Castle Wall? Could also play Serket in ur deck which lets u play a trap card the turn u have set them.

Reached Legend in ranked with Hammer Shark and grinded out 100 wins. Trying to figure out what other deck to shoot for as Hammer Shark isn't broken enough to be successful in the current meta.

A.J.

Banned
Reached Legend in ranked with Hammer Shark and grinded out 100 wins. Trying to figure out what other deck to shoot for as Hammer Shark isn't broken enough to be successful in the current meta.
Naturia is pretty cheap to build I hear. Personally I'm working on getting my third Phoenix.

Thores

U can make a standard Dino Beatdown deck with Rex using his Dinosaur Kingdom skill and cards like Crawling Dragon #2, Two-Headed King Rex and Kabazauls.

U can prolly do the 10 trap cards quest against a random lvl 10 legendary duelists at the gate right? Shouldn't be too hard since they got shit decks lol.

Easy. Make a deck that recycles itself and play against a lvl 10. Thats how I beat all the "play X of Y thing"

Use "Two-Man Cell Battle" to summon extra monsters from your hand. tribute those normal monsters with "White Elephant's Gift" to draw 2 cards. Also "Jar of Avarice" will let you recycle these cards back to your deck, you can even use "Pot of Benevolence" to recycle those jar of avarice. fill your deck with whatever type of monster you need, and add some lvl 7+ normal monsters to tribute summon that way you can clear your own board a bit if you need to. It doenst matter if you mill yourself and lose, you should be getting around 15 summons for the type of monster you need per match, so 3 matches vs a lvl 10 duelist is enough to clear the quest.

You can do something similar for the trap quest, put traps that can be activated in your turn, add "Jar of Avarice" to recycle those, and add some draw here and there and you are done.

I've now made it to Stage 54. Thanks for the advice guys!

I need 99 more points for the duel a thon card, and I reached the limit for today. So glad I wasted my time

Use the duel orbs? Also its not just filling the bar. You can still duel and get points even if your bar is full lol.

Dueling legendary duelists is worth the most points aka the gate duelists.

Anteo

No E-Con to mess with your monster? Surprising since how easy it was to get this card recently haha!

Nah, just one tribute to the doomed on his last turn to try to kill me. He forgot I had 2 traps there so he couldnt. dude was drawing/thining with his red eyes cards so he died earlier than expected. it was such a weird match.

Edit:

oh yeah and also this

I just wanted to make some sort of anti agro or whatever, because my fairy deck dies to agro decks. All of the wins I got with this deck came from the golden apples + yami, seems people dont realize the apples generate a fiend token. Still, its a shit deck lol

sibarraz

Banned
Discovered this game after hearing for it for a while, now I understand why is so popular, dropping cards is more adictive than others CCG, and the events are cool if you don't want to reach into ranked yet

I bought Kaiba's deck, de you guys have a f2p deck to beat the paradox brothers?

A.J.

Banned
Discovered this game after hearing for it for a while, now I understand why is so popular, dropping cards is more adictive than others CCG, and the events are cool if you don't want to reach into ranked yet

I bought Kaiba's deck, de you guys have a f2p deck to beat the paradox brothers?

The best deck to farm Paradox brothers is fairly cheap. The main thing you need is 3 Unhappy Girls

I spent 500 gems on the wrong pack by mistake. Feels bad guys. Be careful when you open packs. Good thing about these new 500 gems is that I got another chance to open 10 packs. Once I get XYZ Dragon Cannon I can go back to saving up gems.

cHinzo

^RIP.

Managed to save up 6k gems again after spending it all on the Electric Overload and Age of Discovery box for an Ice Barrier deck. Deck still isn't finished though, since I'm missing a Moray of Greed, but not really feeling to put more gems into the deck until I see what cool cards the next box brings.

Well, I got my third Gozuki with the free 500 at last.

I also got Marik's Shadow Game yesterday, although I don't see an use for it yet, since I'm running Red-Eyes Zombies and Geminis. I got all of the Buster Blader stuff, including one of both Fusions so I may make a deck out of it.

Thores

Major update coming in late September!

Any theories on what the new World or characters could be? Do you think they're going to move on from OG YGO and start adding GX stuff? I kind of hope they stick with original series for now tbh, seeing as I know even less about GX. And I feel like some missing fan favorites could still be added as playable.

We're also getting a Halloween-appropriate character in October. Ghost Kaiba?

Halloween character is probably Bonz and he'll most likely have Call of the Haunted as his signature card. Hopefully we can get it as well.

Hope GX world gets added since Alexis's Cyber Angels have been in the data for a while now

Major update coming in late September!

Any theories on what the new World or characters could be? Do you think they're going to move on from OG YGO and start adding GX stuff? I kind of hope they stick with original series for now tbh, seeing as I know even less about GX. And I feel like some missing fan favorites could still be added as playable.

We're also getting a Halloween-appropriate character in October. Ghost Kaiba?

pendulum craziness is coming

please no

A.J.

Banned
I have 2 F&F Dragons right now. Let's see if I can get a third.

Also I'm looking forward to Silent magician and gagagogiga in the next pack.

New event and a chance to unlock Yugi. You can get additional Millenium Coins by landing in the same spot as a friend, so let's add everyone as friends to get more Coins:

356-695-107

By doing this we can also send Vagabond challenges to each other, effectively getting more XP and chances to get more Dice, and please remember to always send the "1 card at the beginning hand" as that is the challenge that yields the most XP, whether you win or lose.

Also, GX confirmed of being added at late September/early October.

Top Bottom