• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Kallor

Yeah the OP is awesome. I remember coming back a couple years ago and feeling all kinds of lost. It surprisingly came together easily though after just a bit of play.

So don't let the new stuff intimidate! The game is as fun as ever.

I might order a Harpie's Pet Phantasmal Dragon just because that art is fantastic.

Still refreshing PSN here...
20 more minutes or so, and we should be set!

I've been looking up a bunch of the new cards now that I'm back in the Yugioh mood, and just found out about the upcoming tcg exclusive kaiju archtype. =O

Please let this game update with new packs frequently!!!

Should we get a list of gamertags and PSN names going?
I'm binglescat on XBL.
Sounds like a good plan.

PSN: SkuiiHydra

I'm obviously just getting back into the game, so I'll probably be awful. Lol. Feel free to challenge me if you like fighting non-meta decks. (After I get the cards I need of course)

Stider

Last game I played was Tagforce 4/5(was focused on the 5D's story) and remember using Lightsworn and Blackwing decks. Are they still as OP or have they been nerfed? (Judgement Dragon anyone?)

I play on Xbox

GT: Fallout Phoenix

I'm got pretty familiar with the cards in Millennium Duels so I just have to adjust to the new ones in this game.

SougoXIII

Man I thought this game would have a proper campaign like the tag force series but turns out you just relive past duels? And I was so hype too :(

Isn't this just YGPro lite for PS4/Xbox one?

Rizzi

PSN
  • SkuiiHydra (SkullHydra)
  • Thel_Vadam (ArchedThunder)
  • muship (Fj0823)
  • MGOzone (macklelol)

XBL
  • binglescat (Rizzi)
  • Fallout Phoenix (Fallout Phoenix)
Quote the list and keep it updated I guess?

Fj0823

Last game I played was Tagforce 4/5(was focused on the 5D's story) and remember using Lightsworn and Blackwing decks. Are they still as OP or have they been nerfed? (Judgement Dragon anyone?)

Lol, Judgement Dragon is at 3 again now.
And blackwings are getting even more cards.

But no, they were not nerfed, but we got lots of cards that hit then were it hurts.

cheesekao

Is a normal deck still viable right now? More specifically, the deck where you had a tonne of 2 star monsters or something. It had like a magic card that boosts their attack by 3k and plenty of other trap cards for low star monsters. It wasn't exactly an amazing deck but beating people with low leveled normal monsters can be pretty fun.

Well crud. It looks like I'm going to have to wait until after work tomorrow to download and play this. *Sigh*

For those of you lucky enough to have the game already, post impressions and such!

Fj0823

Is a normal deck still viable right now? More specifically, the deck where you had a tonne of 2 star monsters or something. It had like a magic card that boosts their attack by 3k and plenty of other trap cards for low star monsters. It wasn't exactly an amazing deck but beating people with low leveled normal monsters can be pretty fun.

Afraid not, most decks now focus on having a consistent theme, as all your cards of the same theme combine into complex combos.

The arrival of Synchro and Xyz monsters also hurt the approach you describe, as getting a monster full of boosting equips, can be countered by using your monsters to Xyz or Synchro a monster with card removal effects, and these are usually the most popular.

However.Many traps and spells from the old remain the best at what they do, like Mystical Space Typhoon, Torrential Tribute and Mirror Force. Some even get new versions to be even more diverse, like the new "Blazing Mirror Force"

Even so, many themes work with level 2 monsters getting stronger through spells, Synchro and Xyz. A very famous one is "Baby Raccons" :3

cheesekao

Afraid not, most decks now focus on having a consistent theme, as all your cards of the same theme combine into complex combos.

The arrival of Synchro and Xyz monsters also hurt the approach you describe, as getting a monster full of boosting equips, can be countered by using your monsters to Xyz or Synchro a monster with card removal effects, and these are usually the most popular.

However.Many traps and spells from the old remain the best at what they do, like Mystical Space Typhoon, Torrential Tribute and Mirror Force. Some even get new versions to be even more diverse, like the new "Blazing Mirror Force"

Even so, many themes work with level 2 monsters getting stronger through spells, Synchro and Xyz. A very famous one is "Baby Raccons" :3
Cool. I've been out of the game for some time and am not aware of the current meta. I remember quitting because of dark world and inzektor decks. Fuck those.

PSOreo

Just downloaded this for my PS4 (PSN: DGOJG), used to watch and play this when I was younger. Can't complain with the cheap price, it's some quick satisfaction with decent contemplation of strategy. Loving it!

IbukiLordSA

Put mine on download this morning before I left for work. Have only played a few of the Yu-Gi-Oh games but all the ones I played I have thoroughly enjoyed.

Here is hoping not too much is locked behind DLC and the online works well.

PSN
  • muship (Fj0823)
  • MGOzone (macklelol)
  • Davidfoundation

XBL

• binglescat (Rizzi)
Quote the list and keep it updated I guess?[/QUOTE

Btw adding you guys later in the morning seeing as it's 4:30 am lol

PSN
  • muship (Fj0823)
  • MGOzone (macklelol)
  • Lomaso (MrJohnSherry)

XBL
  • binglescat (Rizzi)
Quote the list and keep it updated I guess?

Will add you guys later when I finish work! I am not going to be good at this game for a while though lol

Mokubba

I'm going to add you guys when I get back home from work.
Bought the game and set it to download so should be ready when I get home.

Haven't played the game for around 8 years. Tried to watch Zexal to get back but yea that didn't work out.

Now that this game and Arc V (In english) is out. Now's the time.

PSN: Mokubba

Gonna be streaming this for an hour or two before work (Xbox One version) if anyone wants to stop in and see how all the new mechanics work. If you guys have any questions or want to see how anything works let me know!

http://www.twitch.tv/fales24

Game is great so far, I love getting to reenact all the famous duels from the original series.

Camjo-Z

Haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh since middle school when I accidentally left my best cards in the washing machine and ruined them. I might have to check this one out!

WaLlbaNg

Nice, just bought it and will try it out soon. Played one gameboy(Nintendo DS if i remember correctly) game that was amazing and stopped playing the card game after the three egyptian god cards were available

ATTENTION DUELISTS!

my psn is ddealer for those who want to add me. please send me a message though as people who keep asking me for FR's as of late are people who wanted absolution's contact trophy.

My pan username is AaronThePaladin for those who want to add me.

On another note what type of decks do people here like to use? I've grown attached to lightsworns personally, but I'm looking to experiment with other archetypes as well this time around. Looking forward to trying out a super heavy samurai deck since I really liked the archetype in arc-v

Stuart444

Not played a Yu-Gi-Oh! Game in a long while. (since the GBA days at least)

How is the story mode? Is it complete or is each story series rather short. (since it'd seem like there would be a lot if they included the story from each series)

I see there is a free demo thing on the UK PSN store, guess I could try it out at least before I buy it.

Fj0823

My pan username is AaronThePaladin for those who want to add me.

On another note what type of decks do people here like to use? I've grown attached to lightsworns personally, but I'm looking to experiment with other archetypes as well this time around. Looking forward to trying out a super heavy samurai deck since I really liked the archetype in arc-v

I have a Galaxy-Eyes deck my main, a Cyber Dragon Deck, and I'm working on a Pendulum Magician but not all the cards are out yet and I'm low on cash

My brother plays Inzektor, and my GF, Melodious

I've never been interested in playing on meta level.

Top Bottom