• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

I'll add my PSN ID to the list when I get the game and feel comfortable with the flow of it to stick with it long term.

On another note what type of decks do people here like to use? I've grown attached to lightsworns personally, but I'm looking to experiment with other archetypes as well this time around. Looking forward to trying out a super heavy samurai deck since I really liked the archetype in arc-v

Gravekeepers since day 1 when I pulled a holo Necrovalley in one of the original sets over a decade ago. Had crappy support back then so I had a lot of filler around it. Finally completed when Marik's deck and Recruiter came out around the same time which got me back into YGO for a bit.

Fj0823

I'll add my PSN ID to the list when I get the game and feel comfortable with the flow of it to stick with it long term.

Gravekeepers since day 1 when I pulled a holo Necrovalley in one of the original sets over a decade ago. Had crappy support back then so I had a lot of filler around it. Finally completed when Marik's deck and Recruiter came out around the same time which got me back into YGO for a bit.

I think there's even more recent GK support!

A girl with blue hair and a dude in a throne I think...

If I had a PS4/XB1 I'd be all over this, since I've spent a crazy amount of time with Millennium Duels on PS3.

On another note what type of decks do people here like to use? I've grown attached to lightsworns personally, but I'm looking to experiment with other archetypes as well this time around. Looking forward to trying out a super heavy samurai deck since I really liked the archetype in arc-v
Favourites so far are Mermails, Dark World, Madolches, Prophecy and Fire Kings. Millennium Duels only covers up until Shadow Spectres though, so I haven't tried anything beyond that and I stopped playing IRL years ago.

I think there's even more recent GK support!

A girl with blue hair and a dude in a throne I think...

Yeah, I found out about some new ones this week. "A dude in a throne" actually describes two different Gravekeepers lol Visionary from Marik's deck and Oracle which I just found out about.

Some Nobody

Hm, is it possible to use DLC to buy like, one "deck" or group of cards? I kinda want to build Nekroz and stomp all over the first two seasons worth of characters, lol.

I've grown really attached to my Watt and Inca/Chronomaly decks. I have no idea how to update them for the new banlist, cards, rulings and such though. Lol.

Fun fact: I've actually done 11,000+ damage over Black Luster Soldier: Envoy of the Beginning using my Inca/Chronomaly deck. =3

Hm, is it possible to use DLC to buy like, one "deck" or group of cards? I kinda want to build Nekroz and stomp all over the first two seasons worth of characters, lol.

Not as far as I know (well kind of. The dlc each come with prebuilt decks as well as single player content, but that's still very limited). Nekroz are apparently in the game, and you can do story matches with custom decks as well as the prebuilt story mode ones

Raoh

Damn it, working from home today, perfect day and its still not up...

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

PSN: LordRaoh

Stuart444

So after playing the first duel, I ended up buying the game and the duelist kingdom add-on since that's the only series I've watched (and thus have a fondness for).

Sad thing is, I need to replay the first duel after buying the game unlock. But still fun stuff :D

nice ot!

haven't tried yu-gi-oh since the 2nd tag force game on psp, looking forward to get back into it, or at least attempt to, whenever grace chen decides to update teh store that is

Some Nobody

Not as far as I know (well kind of. The dlc each come with prebuilt decks as well as single player content, but that's still very limited). Nekroz are apparently in the game, and you can do story matches with custom decks as well as the prebuilt story mode ones

The last YGO game I got (on PS3?) allowed you to buy like, "packs" that basically gave you the cards from a particular archetype in order to build a deck. Is it like that, or something different?

Boogiepop

Gotta believe this year's the year it gets announced. If Famitsu has any credibility (lol), TFSP crushed the 3DS game in sales. They aren't squeezing another game out of PSP and if they were interested in a PS4 project, they'd localize LotD. Plus next year's the big anniversary movie.
I'm not sure the 3ds game being crushed should be taken as a measure of anything about particular consoles since, you know, they completely and utterly butchered it to the point that it was essentially useless.

Also, really wishing I had jumped on that darn Prime Day PS4 sale. Now I'm sitting here wanting to play this, but feeling like it'd be irresponsible to buy a PS4 before Black Friday...

RE_Player

On PS4 at least everyone should play a lot. Thinking about putting together a little gaf tournament. Maybe buy some PSN or Amazon credit as prizes.

On PS4 at least everyone should play a lot. Thinking about putting together a little gaf tournament. Maybe buy some PSN or Amazon credit as prizes.
That would be so sweet. We'd have to give people time to get their decks set up, but I'm definitely game.

I can even throw some money into getting gifts for the prize pool.

Fj0823

That would be so sweet. We'd have to give people time to get their decks set up, but I'm definitely game.

I can even throw some money into getting gifts for the prize pool.

It'd be best to ban current meta decks to increase the fun factor.

Nekroz, Burning Abyss, Shaddols and
Qliphorts

Are too powerful and might give experienced players far too much advantage over returning players. Any other deck should be fine with the current list though.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So we go almost 2 years with no children's card games on consoles and now Yugi Oh and Magic both release on top of each other.

Qliphorts

Are too powerful and might give experienced players far too much advantage over returning players. Any other deck should be fine with the current list though.
Sounds great to me. I don't know anything about those decks, but if they are anything like Dark World, Chaos Dragons, and Inzektors were a few years ago, I want nothing to do with them. Lol.

Fj0823

Sounds great to me. I don't know anything about those decks, but if they are anything like Dark World, Chaos Dragons, and Inzektors were a few years ago, I want nothing to do with them. Lol.

They're even more powerful, as the list barely touched them until recently. And we don't know what list this game is using.

Inzektor, Chaos Dragon and Dark World were all hit by the list fairly and are now much more fun to play against

Why not just go on DN in the meantime?
The GUI quality is about the same
Because it has cards from the future, and I'll be sad when I can't use them in the PS4 game. Lol.

Plus, having the rules be automatic will be so helpful, as opposed to people who don't understand card rulings ruining the game on DN. (Granted, that doesn't happen TOO often)

Because it has cards from the future, and I'll be sad when I can't use them in the PS4 game. Lol.

Plus, having the rules be automatic will be so helpful, as opposed to people who don't understand card rulings ruining the game on DN. (Granted, that doesn't happen TOO often)

Yeah, what made me hate playing in person was the game (mainly effect wordings) getting so complicated that people kept making up interpretations of the rules instead of actually learning them. Prefer an automated game.

Sou Da

Yeah, what made me hate playing in person was the game (mainly effect wordings) getting so complicated that people kept making up interpretations of the rules instead of actually learning them. Prefer an automated game.

I said DN for the benefit of it being more popular. I use Ygopro which is you know, automated.

EDIT: Apparently they have a web version now but it's chrome only.

Takao

Banned
So we go almost 2 years with no children's card games on consoles and now Yugi Oh and Magic both release on top of each other.

but millennium duels came out last year

I'm not sure the 3ds game being crushed should be taken as a measure of anything about particular consoles since, you know, they completely and utterly butchered it to the point that it was essentially useless.

I was referring to sales in Japan since TFSP hasn't been localized, and if it were, it would be digital-only. As far as I know there wasn't a tonne to object to with World Duel Carnival's Japanese release, but according to Famitsu TFSP sold like 2x.

Fj0823

To be fair, most people don't fail at new rules involving new cards, but don't get rules that have been there Day 1.

Like the fact that destroying a card is not the same as negating it, or the fact that multiple effects resolve in the opposite order in which they were activated.

Just one brief question. The last Yugioh game released on 360 had cards up the expansion with the first synchos and was released when the xyz (or pendumlum) were out. Everything was DLC.

Is it the same with this game? Is the basic game actually outdated and I have to purchase the latest cards? Which is the last expansion the basic game supports?

To be fair, most people don't fail at new rules involving new cards, but don't get rules that have been there Day 1.

Like the fact that destroying a card is not the same as negating it, or the fact that multiple effects resolve in the opposite order in which they were activated.
Oh man, I remember that bolded section completely killing me a few times when playing my Bad Reaction to Simochi deck years ago. XD

Just one brief question. The last Yugioh game released on 360 had cards up the expansion with the first synchos and was released when the xyz (or pendumlum) were out. Everything was DLC.

Is it the same with this game? Is the basic game actually outdated and I have to purchase the latest cards? Which is the last expansion the basic game supports?

There are ZERO dlc-exclusive cards right now. All the cards up to the secret forces pack are in the base game

Fj0823

No, this game is much more up to date

Its only missing 2 main packs.

Skittles

Qliphorts

If we ban those decks then we should probably ban tellar knights and masked heros too. Since they would be top with those 4 gone

Top Bottom