• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wagram

The date is not the best for me though. Considering Q1 2017 is absolutely ridiculous and Nier is March 7th. Not happening Zelda. I love ya, but you're waitin.

maxcriden

From the PR:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Prepare for the biggest Legend of Zelda adventure yet, with an open-air style that breaks new boundaries while honoring the origins of the acclaimed series. Explore a world of unprecedented size and discover more than 100 puzzle-filled Shrines of Trials, plus a wide variety of weapons, outfits and gear. Players won’t want to stop playing, and they won’t have to since Nintendo Switch allows them to continue the adventure anywhere, anytime.

The game is compatible with Zelda 30th Anniversary series amiibo, the Wolf Link amiibo (which will be re-issued as a standalone amiibo on Feb. 3) and the new Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series amiibo. In addition to the previously announced Link (Rider), Link (Archer) and Guardian amiibo, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series amiibo will also include new Zelda and Bokoblin amiibo. The amiibo in this series carry a suggested retail price of $15.99, except for the massive Guardian amiibo, which has a suggested retail price of $19.99.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will provide players with a landmark Nintendo Switch experience on the system’s launch day in March, and will be available as a standard edition, Special Edition and Master Edition. The Special Edition includes the game, a Nintendo Switch Sheikah Slate Carrying Case, Sheikah Eye Collectible Coin, Relic of Hyrule: Calamity Ganon Tapestry and Weather-Worn Map, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sound Selection CD for a suggested retail price of $99.99. The Master Edition includes all of those items plus a Master Sword of Resurrection figure, and has a suggested retail price of $129.99.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170112006168/en/Nintendo-Switch-Launches-March-3-299.99

(thanks rj118 for the link in your MK8 thread)

ehead

I feel the JP VO is better than the English one. The old lady's voice, the King and even Zelda sound better in their Japanese voices. Is it just me?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
From Nintendo's Facebook

15937205_123715429970ecsg4.jpg
Welp, new desktop background

English voice acting really took me out of it, it's not bad, but the japanese feels better for Zelda.

Hope Japanese audio is an option.

ranmafan

Good to hear it's same date for Wii U. I'm looking forward to getting it for it. Switch version would be nice but I'm going to wait until fire emblem musou and shin megami tensei comes out before getting one, so it's nice that we don't have to wait for the Wii U version

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Well, at least Zelda looks incredible... Was "1 2 Switch" a play on the number of launch titles?

Tunic

So happy it is launching the same day for Wii U. Nintendo failed to justify to me any reasoning to replace the Wii U.

AEREC

They could have been clearer that it was a simultaneous worldwide release date.

I'm so unimpressed with that Switch presentation I'm actually considering the Wii U version of the game for the first time. Really depends how different the two are; if the Wii U game is vastly inferior I'll end up getting Switch.

Wii U has to be better performance wise I would think...it's still more powerful hardware.

shandy706

Waiting till the Holiday for Switch is going to be tough/suck. I have a Wii U, but I think I'm going to wait for Mario and buy a Switch with Zelda and Mario.

I need to fit in a lot of other games like Horizon and Mass Effect in the coming months.

Edit* ...and that trailer was awesome.

I'm finishing my work in this nightshift completely in awe, that fucking trailer is amazing. This Zelda is looking to be everything I ever fucking wanted in a Zelda game. Been here since A Link to the Past, this is what me as a kid dreamed of playing. Fuck me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom