• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games [2-pack] announced (PS4/Vita, Spring 2017)

takoyaki

the release really snuck up on me, curious to find out how 999 plays on Vita.

Made a review thread since a few reviews have been published already, they go into detail about the changes in 999.

Maedhros

This.

The twist is one thing, but finding out that
the ENTIRE time you've been playing the game, one screen was the past, and the other was the present, is mind-blowing.

The puzzle itself doesn't matter at all, but
having it hammered home by having Junpei's panicked face on one screen, and June's hysterical one on the other, just gives you chills. Such a thing is possible without the use of the puzzle of course, and am hoping that whatever is in place now does the same thing.

I almost don't want to pre-purchase this until I see what that last puzzle is now, lol.

Wut?? No, I don't remember it being that at all...

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Could someone tell me about the voice acting in this collection? When I played VLR my copy had no English voices do all regions have English voices this time?

Ridley327

Is the 3rd game really that bad that they wouldn't include it on this collection?

It's already available on two of the three platforms that this collection is releasing on. I don't think it made a lot of financial sense to make it a trilogy with the third game being so recent. I wouldn't be shocked to see a quick port of ZTD to the PS4 in the future, but I do get the logic of why they didn't do one now.

It's supposed to come out today, yes? I checked my retailer and they don't have it listed. Is EU even going to get a physical? Or are we missing out again?

e_i

Damnit, Steam has listed it from coming in the less than an hour to coming soon.

First World problems,

Prelude.

It's supposed to come out today, yes? I checked my retailer and they don't have it listed. Is EU even going to get a physical? Or are we missing out again?
The Vita version is still TBD for some reason, I guess because VLR was published by RSG and there's still some publishing shenanigans going on.

I might have missed it but it shows sold out on Best Buy. I wonder if they are having stock issues? Bummer, I'll wait for it to come back in stock.
I'm referring to the vita version.

Neufr0

Neo Member
Ok so i started 999 and there's something I don't understand about the novel/adv screens

Huge spoiler because I already did the game on DS

So I understand the fact that splitting the narration like that replace the dual screen of the original game so the surprise of Akane being the narrator can be saved. The thing I don't understand is that sometimes the game just changes automatically the narration mode.
So I don't know what is the best way to play the game for the best experience. Full novel mode or letting the game change it automatically.

oBdMfnf.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XPR112N/

http://www.base.com/buy/product/zero-escape-the-nonary-games-p4-uk-version-ps4/dgc-zengps4.htm

Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Italy
Motherfucking Amazon...

I had played 999 years ago, but never got around to the sequels. During game of the year discussions on Giant Bomb, I kept hearing how enthusiastic Vinny was about Zero Time Dilemma's story, although I skipped any spoilers. That really me wanna get back to playing through this series. Glad that these came out on PS4, because it'll be a great time for me to replay 999, and finally get around to VLR.

Picked this up on PS4 last night, now if only I can pull myself away from BotW xD

Any plans that they might put ZTD on ps4 too?

Shizuka

Ok so i started 999 and there's something I don't understand about the novel/adv screens

Huge spoiler because I already did the game on DS

So I understand the fact that splitting the narration like that replace the dual screen of the original game so the surprise of Akane being the narrator can be saved. The thing I don't understand is that sometimes the game just changes automatically the narration mode.
So I don't know what is the best way to play the game for the best experience. Full novel mode or letting the game change it automatically.

It was explained on an Aksys video explaining the feature that it's up to the gamer's choice, but that the game will change between modes automatically a few times, for narration purposes. I went with "novel", as I felt "ADV" was too long-winded.

Top Bottom