• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games [2-pack] announced (PS4/Vita, Spring 2017)

labx

Banned
How and why in the world they didn't make ZTD in the collection? I bet this is going to affect the sales.

Yo, taking offense to a non-offensive post is your prerogative, especially when it corrects your incorrect assessment on why fans dislike ZTD, but responding with ad hominem isn't exactly your best course of discourse.

Try again though, maybe you'll get some actual debate out instead of a bad strawman.

None offensive ? Come on, I explained why I liked the game and you come on your high horses claiming "anyone with half a brain and with a minimum of criticism can tell it's bad".
There's no debate possible with the likes of you.

None offensive ? Come on, I explained why I liked the game and you come on your high horses claiming "anyone with half a brain and with a minimum of criticism can tell it's bad".
There's no debate possible with the likes of you.
You explained a made up phony reason as to why people don't like it, which I'm telling you is bullshit. If you seriously think people don't like the ending because it's "not what they wanted" as opposed to people putting in their critical thinking towards the ending, you're delusional and completely out of touch.

Again, get insulted as much as you want; hell, I don't understand what was so galvanizing about my post to you that you drop ad hominem. But lol at there being no debate possible when you haven't even tried.

You explained a made up phony reason as to why people don't like it, which I'm telling you is bullshit. If you seriously think people don't like the ending because it's "not what they wanted" as opposed to people putting in their critical thinking towards the ending, you're delusional and completely out of touch.

Again, get insulted as much as you want; hell, I don't understand what was so galvanizing about my post to you that you drop ad hominem. But lol at there being no debate possible when you haven't even tried.

It's not a phony reason. People didn't got what they wanted, which means for some people not getting everything answered.

Read your post again:
Or maybe because it wasn't an ending at all, and anyone with half a brain and ability to use a critical mindset can see how phoned in it is?

That's a reaction to my opinion on the ending, which I felt pretty good and satisfying. Your answer to this is: "Even someone with half a brain can understand it was phoned in" aka bad.

It's not a phony reason.
Read through the rest of the thread, post by post, uncovering every spoiler block, and tell me that's not a phony reason. I don't know why you're projecting this nonsensical reason as to why the ZTD ending was criticized when there's plenty of posts saying why.

Oh great now eveyone can enjoy the
axe
ending in the original game

Submarine
ending too! Man, those endings really got to me because I played them at like 2:00 a.m. during my summer vacation, I believe. It was pitch black with the only light being my DSi screen. Great times I had with me running through 999 in two-to-three days.

megalowho

I'm up to VLR (only played an hour or two), can someone explain why ZTD is not as good, without spoilers obvs.
It is good. It has the tension, puzzles, big reveals and overaching plot beats the series has been building towards with a different take on presentation. If you enjoy the first two games play it, especially if you're interested in what happens at the end of VLR.

Quoting for a new page and to note that Evan Smith (Junpei's ZTD VO) confirmed his involvement via RT, and Sean Chiplock is voicing Santa.

There's also this clip from recording a few months back.

The 999 voice acting sounds fantastic! One of the best games of all time is about to get even better! :D

It seems like Clover is still Wendee Lee, but Akane sounds like someone different from ZTD, which is probably for the best as she was easily the weakest link in ZTD.

Junpei being the same voice actor again is cool, even though he was iffy at times in ZTD - but I think that was less to do with his actual voice talent and more to do with the direction he was given when reading his lines in ZTD.

I'm up to VLR (only played an hour or two), can someone explain why ZTD is not as good, without spoilers obvs.

Thr underlying themes, explanation and payoff for the game is NOWHERE near those of the previous two, IMO. Especially the handwaving of many plot points from VLR. The Fragments/Teams system cuts any character development short (by design), and characters and overall plot suffers greatly. Barely any original soundtracks are used effectively outside puzzles (too many tracks are lifted or remixed from 999 and VLR), the presentation is utterly ATROCIOUS in every sense, and I didn't find most new characters and concepts interesting at all.

Obviously there are those who are satisfied with it, and I'm happy for them, but ZTD is a 4/10 at best for me.

Madao

if this was a trilogy pack, i'd buy it no questions asked but missing ZTD makes me doubt getting it now since it feels like they could release a trilogy pack later.

plus, having all 3 in HD would be nice (i'd buy the PS4 version)

graywolf323

if this was a trilogy pack, i'd buy it no questions asked but missing ZTD makes me doubt getting it now since it feels like they could release a trilogy pack later.

same, I'm on the fence about grabbing the games again for PS4 since it's not a complete trilogy release

Shizuka

No, they'll do like Danganronpa and release ZTD for the PS4 at full price.

EmiPrime

These are two of my favourite games of all time but I don't know if I'd want to play them without a stylus and the dual screen. I might just get them for the collection.

Rymuth

The PlayStation 4 and PS Vita versions of the double pack will launch in Japan on April 13. The PC version will launch on March 25, Japan time. Considering the PC version will likely launch at the same time worldwide, western audiences can probably expect it on March 24.

- Gematsu

Is this still coming out this week? I've heard literally nothing about it and it's not pre-orderable from Best Buy, and my Amazon order says Delivery Date Pending...

I can't imagine that it's going to sell very well if it does come out this week. There has been little to no promotion for it. I mean, there was that one video in early February but I really have seen/heard very little of this game.

Stalwart

I can't imagine that it's going to sell very well if it does come out this week. There has been little to no promotion for it. I mean, there was that one video in early February but I really have seen/heard very little of this game.

Especially if they try to sell it at $40

snake2531

Neo Member
Is this still coming out this week? I've heard literally nothing about it and it's not pre-orderable from Best Buy, and my Amazon order says Delivery Date Pending...

Really? Are you in the US? I preordered from BB a few days ago and my status just changed to "preparing".

xplWR9A.png

Really? Are you in the US? I preordered from BB a few days ago and my status just changed to "preparing".

xplWR9A.png

That's so weird! I've been checking for this game for MONTHS like twice a week because I wanted to use it with the various visa promos and it has never been pre-orderable for me. Even now. Still just says coming soon. In the US here.

They're blowing that shit up on like five different Twitter accounts.

Ah, the most of Twitter I see is on here. I don't have an account, so that probably explains it.

I believe I saw the PS4 version is available for preorder but the Vita version still says coming soon.

Edit: looks like I jinxed it!!! Both versions now say coming soon on BB

Omikaru

I believe I saw the PS4 version is available for preorder but the Vita version still says coming soon.

I bought the Vita version from VG+ and they shipped it on March 16th, but I haven't received it yet. It's going across the pond so they are presumably shipping it internationally in time for the North American street date.

I'm going to assume this wasn't a mistake on VG+'s part and that Vita versions are ready to go.

Edit: Saw your edit. :D

D-Man

I was worried about my Amazon order since it didn't have a delivery date at all but it fixed itself sometime last week. Should be getting it on Friday.

I know it's not getting much press, but I'm excited to play 999 with voice acting.

redhood56

Banned
I'm excited to play 999 again. There's a video showing the intro of the game and Junpeis VO is way better than he was in ZTD

snake2531

Neo Member
That's so odd. I'm seeing it as coming soon on the BB website now too. For both Vita and PS4. Anywho, I just received the email saying it shipped now. Hopefully that means Amazon will be sending out their copies too for anyone who's concerned about the delivery date pending message.

MNoNxNR.png

if this sells well we might get a third title after all.
Excited for the .000000001% possibility that a potential remastered ZTD gets Uchikoshi a chance to personally take a crack at the C and Q team segments, and make a few tweaks to the way the main narrative progresses.

I'm in the camp that the story is 100% salvageable, and an extra few months in the budget could have done wonders.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
Excited for the .000000001% possibility that a potential remastered ZTD gets Uchikoshi a chance to personally take a crack at the C and Q team segments, and make a few tweaks to the way the main narrative progresses.

I'm in the camp that the story is 100% salvageable, and an extra few months in the budget could have done wonders.
I'm sure it's salvageable but the likelihood they'd do anything more than a port would be slim at best.

LAA

Forgot this was coming so soon.
Not coming to Vita though (at least in EU?)...and you may not be able to buy just 999?
Hasn't been marketed well at all so far.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Danganronpa collection for ps4 or this one? I haven't played any of the games.

I liked both but I like Danganronpa more since it has more gameplay aspects than the Nonary games.

Depends on what you like in a story. DR will have tropes but you'll be at the edge of your seat every time. The Nonary games have a slow but exciting build and the pay off in great.

Forgot this was coming so soon.
Not coming to Vita though (at least in EU?)...and you may not be able to buy just 999?
Hasn't been marketed well at all so far.
Apparently it's been delayed until the end of the year, or at least that's what I read on Gematsu.

Still debating whether to get it or not. Has anyone actually seen any word of the physical edition getting released in the UK, PS4 or otherwise?

bobawesome

The Zero Escape games are better.

Eh. I feel like the only great Zero Escape game was VLR. 999 was good but suffered from sloppy writing. Or maybe the translation is to blame? The main thing it has going for it is that moment towards the end. The cases in the first Danganronpa leaned towards the predictable side a lot of the time but at least the cases attempted to keep the player engaged. The same can't be said for 999's puzzle rooms.

Top Bottom