• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Ken

GAF...I just scored the pre-order bonus watch after bidding on eBay!

I payed US $140.00 for it including the shipping.
Don't judge me! ;_;

Didn't the watch go back in stock after awhile on the Aksys store for the first game? That's how I got mine. Not saying that the new watch will go back in stock but just saying; $140 could buy you like 3 copies of the game to give to all your friends. > >

Belisarius

Neo Member
Huh. I knew that. I thought he was talking about the 999 watch, which I heard was somewhat rare now.

Oh, huh, I guess it could be. My bad. The post doesn't say so I just assumed. That'll teach me, I suppose. The 999 ones are pretty rare by now. Although searching ebay for "999 watch" turns up a bunch of results for...hockey cards? Hm.
"

This probably has to do with how Amazon's internal software calculates ship dates. When they don't actually have the product in their warehouses, it guesstimates with a pretty wide margin (a week or two, I think), so you can get weird dates. Our releases generally have ship dates, which are distinct from the more traditional release date: The ship date (the 23rd, in this case) is the date that the game will leave our warehouse, on its way to whatever retailers have ordered it. Once they receive it, they ship it out. So you won't be getting the game on the 23rd unless you come down to our office (please don't), but you should be getting it long before the 29th.

So you're saying that the October 24th release date on Amazon is technically correct, since they won't be shipping the game to any of us until then? Ugh... The sad thing is that I seriously considered getting a ticket to fly across the country and pick the game up directly from your office.

That thought will be even more tempting if I don't get an estimated delivery date on my preorder by Monday. >.>

Just to clarify, I’m talking about the VLR watch.

Didn't the watch go back in stock after awhile on the Aksys store for the first game? That's how I got mine. Not that this new watch will ever go back in stock but just saying. > >

Yes it did, but they only ship to America. I live in Australia. eBay was my last resort - I was going to ignore it but I caved in. I just couldn't resist. I am so weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak!

Koroviev

So you're saying that the October 24th release date on Amazon is technically correct, since they won't be shipping the game to any of us until then? Ugh... The sad thing is that I seriously considered getting a ticket to fly across the country and pick the game up directly from your office.

That thought will be even more tempting if I don't get an estimated delivery date on my preorder by Monday. >.>

Wait, so will the game not be appearing on PSN until the 30th?

I have 40$ on my US PSN account.
I ordered the game from amazon and it should come to me 26th-30th October.
I will summon all of my mental stabilty while I wait. I can wait, I won't buy the PSN version.

I keep repeating this to myself. Will I be able to resist one week?

I feel all dirty now. I must repent!

NHncQ.gifI

Ken

I will summon all of my mental stabilty while I wait. I can wait, I won't buy the PSN version.

Buy Dokuro and then you'll:

1) have something to play until it ships from Amazon
2) not have enough to buy it off PSN, ridding you of the temptation

Koroviev

I've kind of been considering the retail version--I usually prefer physical copies--but between the discount, the (early?) release date, and the small download size, I might actually stick with the PSN version.

Koroviev

No, it should be on PSN on the 23rd. I can double-check tomorrow, but Akselziys should know for sure. Why would you think it wouldn't be on PSN until the 30th?

This probably has to do with how Amazon's internal software calculates ship dates. When they don't actually have the product in their warehouses, it guestimates with a pretty wide margin (a week or two, I think), so you can get weird dates. Our releases generally have ship dates, which are distinct from the more traditional release date: The ship date (the 23rd, in this case) is the date that the game will leave our warehouse, on its way to whatever retailers have ordered it. Once they receive it, they ship it out. So you won't be getting the game on the 23rd unless you come down to our office (please don't), but you should be getting it long before the 29th.

I'm easily confused :(

So, there's only a "delay" for the physical copy?

Belisarius

Neo Member
I'm easily confused :(

So, there's only a "delay" for the physical copy?

Yeah, because it has to physically get from one place to another. Games from other companies with release date delivery have already been shipped to retailers prior to their release date, so Amazon or whoever has them on had to ship out immediately. We don't do that: We ship out to retailers on our ship date—the "release" date of the 23rd—so Amazon doesn't have them on hand to ship out immediately. Because of the way game releases are looked at, the 23rd is considered to be our release date for purposes of things like the PSN release, announcements, etc, but nobody will actually be getting it on that date.

It is a little confusing, I understand. :)
The short version is:
-Physical copy, you won't be able to get it on the 23rd.
-Digital copy, you'll be able to get it on the 23rd.

Koroviev

The game will be available on PSN on Tuesday, 10/23, at Grace Chen o'clock XD

Only 6 days left~

Yeah, because it has to physically get from one place to another. Games from other companies with release date delivery have already been shipped to retailers prior to their release date, so Amazon or whoever has them on had to ship out immediately. We don't do that: We ship out to retailers on our ship date—the "release" date of the 23rd—so Amazon doesn't have them on hand to ship out immediately. Because of the way game releases are looked at, the 23rd is considered to be our release date for purposes of things like the PSN release, announcements, etc, but nobody will actually be getting it on that date.

It is a little confusing, I understand. :)
The short version is:
-Physical copy, you won't be able to get it on the 23rd.
-Digital copy, you'll be able to get it on the 23rd.

Oh, got it! Thank you :)

~decisions, decisions

GSR

This probably has to do with how Amazon's internal software calculates ship dates. When they don't actually have the product in their warehouses, it guestimates with a pretty wide margin (a week or two, I think), so you can get weird dates. Our releases generally have ship dates, which are distinct from the more traditional release date: The ship date (the 23rd, in this case) is the date that the game will leave our warehouse, on its way to whatever retailers have ordered it. Once they receive it, they ship it out. So you won't be getting the game on the 23rd unless you come down to our office (please don't), but you should be getting it long before the 29th.

Kind of what I figured was happening. Well, here's hoping Amazon gets their copies quick so I can get VLR in time for that long bus ride on Friday!

Hm is someone from aksys / a reviewer already ebaying off their VLR watch? I'm seeing actual pictures of it on an ebay listing. Quality seems pretty decent though.

Ho' momma that's gorgeous. It's gonna fall right off my wrist.

I'm guessing the seller is charging a ridiculous amount?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

Lusankya

I reread the entire article and looked at every image but can't detect any spoiler.
What exactly are you two referring to?

How similar is this to 999?

I mean if I felt burned out from the format after blasting through 999 all of it earlier this year, should I wait for a sale later?

Clott

Yeah I will be forced to double dip!

This is actually a very smart ploy, they know we can't wait. They deserve my cash anyway.

Now to only get a vita before this comes out.

This is actually pretty spoilery; wish I didn't read it. Doesn't spoil specifics, but now I kind of know what to expect going into the game and now am sad. I'm not talking about the game mechanics either, those are cool as hell.

That is true. There are some spoilers, but I wouldn't think much of them. It's not too much that isn't obvious from the trailers, if you've seen them, or from even the (Japanese) title of the game. And at most, the article spoiled minor details on one or two of the 24 endings. There's still sooooo much more to enjoy! ^_^

But if you're that weary of spoilers, and this goes for everyone (including myself), stay away from any trailers, articles and reviews from here on out. Heck, you might even want to stay away from anything even remotely related to this on the internet!

I know I'm cutting down on my exposure as much as possible. The only thing I'll still follow is the official website and this topic (maybe). And then once I have the game, full blackout on the internet. :)

Esura

Banned
That is true. There are some spoilers, but I wouldn't think much of them. It's not too much that isn't obvious from the trailers, if you've seen them, or from even the (Japanese) title of the game. And at most, the article spoiled minor details on one or two of the 24 endings. There's still sooooo much more to enjoy! ^_^

But if you're that weary of spoilers, and this goes for everyone (including myself), stay away from any trailers, articles and reviews from here on out. Heck, you might even want to stay away from anything even remotely related to this on the internet!

I know I'm cutting down on my exposure as much as possible. The only thing I'll still follow is the official website and this topic (maybe). And then once I have the game, full blackout on the internet. :)

I don't think I can go full blackout on this game after release. I just know this game is going to have some completely ridiculous puzzles in it and I would need GAF for help on solving. :(

I don't think I can go full blackout on this game after release. I just know this game is going to have some completely ridiculous puzzles in it and I would need GAF for help on solving. :(

That's assuming the puzzles are harder than 999's (which I'm guessing is the case). I'm hoping either Easy mode will hold my hand enough through the difficult puzzles, or that the puzzles will be like 999s where I can solve them if I wander the room clicking on everything in sight and gather all the clues.

Esura

Banned
That's assuming the puzzles are harder than 999's (which I'm guessing is the case). I'm hoping either Easy mode will hold my hand enough through the difficult puzzles, or that the puzzles will be like 999s where I can solve them if I wander the room clicking on everything in sight and gather all the clues.

There are difficulties?

How does that even work for the type of puzzles I assume this game has?

There are difficulties?

How does that even work for the type of puzzles I assume this game has?

Basically, Easy mode will give you hints about the puzzles, Hard will be without the hints. If you played 999, I think those puzzles would be kind of like Easy mode, where after a while of failing to do something, you get a hint to push you in the right direction.

It's kind of hard to explain exactly, since I haven't played the game, but I'm just going off of what I've heard from people who have played it.

Esura

Banned
Basically, Easy mode will give you hints about the puzzles, Hard will be without the hints. If you played 999, I think those puzzles would be kind of like Easy mode, where after a while of failing to do something, you get a hint to push you in the right direction.

It's kind of hard to explain exactly, since I haven't played the game, but I'm just going off of what I've heard from people who have played it.

So if you play Easy mode first, wouldn't that make Hard Mode....not hard on another playthrough?

I might just do Hard Mode + GameFAQs first so I can see more of the game.

So if you play Easy mode first, wouldn't that make Hard Mode....not hard on another playthrough?

I might just do Hard Mode + GameFAQs first so I can see more of the game.

Well, the game defaults to Hard, and then you can swap to easy when you get stuck. You can play it first on Easy, and again on Hard if you really want, but you'll be removing a bit of the challenge of the game.

Someone on GameFAQs had a brilliant idea: *Blocking it out for non-specific reasons*
Play on Hard until you get stuck, then save the game, finish the puzzle on Easy, then restart without saving and finish the puzzle on Hard. That way you can finish all the puzzles on Hard quickly, without needing to redo entire puzzes.

Hard + GameFAQs doesn't sound like a bad idea wither, though. :)

d0c_zaius

if someone can make me a VLR avatar, they will be my favorite person for the rest of 2012!

nevermind! found the old topic, hopefully no one is using the one I picked. if so, let me know.

can't wait for tuesday. Just wondering what the file size is going to be since I am running out of space.

Mupod

Difficulty settings? I didn't find 999's puzzles too bad, I'm not a math geek but I AM a networking guy, and I suppose years of subnetting has left me mentally prepared for the kind of thinking you need for its puzzles. I kind of just laughed when I saw it get into things like hexadecimal.

Oddly enough the most trouble I had
was the sudoku. I didn't even really know what sudoku was.
I figured that shit out through pattern recognition eventually though.

So yeah I think I'll go for hard mode in VLR.

Coldsnap

How much left do I have in 999? PLEASE DONT SPOIL ANYTHING FOR ME

I just finished the boiler room puzzle.. 10 hours in

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Akselziys said there would be something in "the latter half of the week". Let's hope it's indeed the OVA. I can't imagine anything else.

5482C.png

Birdy said:
Good things come to those who wait~

Today should be a good day for fans of VLR, but since I just woke up from a long Soporil induced nap, I gotta take a bird bath and get something to eat first and foremost *chirp*

Hopefully he'll take care of things quick, because I'm definitely curious to see what he has in store! :D

Top Bottom