• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward pre-order bonus revealed - Amazon exclusive

My brother had already preordered the 3DS version a while ago. Now I cant preorder it.

Did they sell out of preorders?

Seems pretty dumb.

Just played through both demos a bit (again), and the screenshot quality comparison is pretty accurate (even if the resolutions aren't original -- there's a reason for that). It doesn't look bad on the 3DS, but it looks much better on the Vita.

Sound is a bit "tinnier" on the 3DSLL than on the Vita.

It's hard to say there are "no noteworthy differences" when the difference in resolutions is 800x240 vs 960x544, but I guess someone searching for the differences would probably already realize that.

Other than that, as mentioned before, the 3DS has the use of a second screen to use as a notepad, while the Vita has trophies, if you are into that sort of thing.

Wasnt the sound more compressed on 3DS because it was a demo ?
Also, you have the choice: Better image or double screen comfort.

Wasnt the sound more compressed on 3DS because it was a demo ?
Also, you have the choice: Better image or double screen comfort.

Ah, this could definitely be the case -- I haven't played the full version.

As far as double screen comfort, it is worth noting that all text appears on the top screen this time, unlike 999.

I'm sure as hell not, it's the worst case scenario for anyone outside of the US. Amazon refuse to ship it internationally which leaves horribly overpriced eBay auctions as the only option.

i have a problem. i preordered and paid for the game in april ( APRIL ) ! and i want the watch ..and now i'm unsure if i'll get it ( or the game )for the same reasons

I'm gonna blame Amazon. I preordered a 3DS version before, now it goes to a weird page with the Vita boxart with

Platform: Playstation Vita (Nintendo 3DS).

It's odd.

I was waiting to pre-order this game until a pre-order bonus was announced and, now that it is, I can't pre-order it.

Genuinely amazing.

JeTmAn81

Yikes, 24 different endings? I hope it doesn't take too long to actually get to all of those, or maybe some of them aren't essential viewing like endings were in 999.

Animekatt

Although I have the $10 off promo from Newegg, this watch (bracelet) is swaying me to go Amazon... Does anyone know how the 3D in the 3DS version is?

CenLX615

Neo Member
The watch for 999 also didn't arrive for Canada last time right? So I guess we're probably going to get boned again =/

Shinta

Banned
If you guys have any questions, we'll be happy to answer to the best of our ability now :)

Do you have any general comments you can make for anyone comparing the 3DS and Vita versions? How do you think single screen, or dual screen impacts the game?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Do you have any general comments you can make for anyone comparing the 3DS and Vita versions? How do you think single screen, or dual screen impacts the game?

I think it really depends what you're looking for :)

VITA has the OLED screen and can display things at much higher res. There is also the ability to screencap and have trophies.

3DS has 3D along with dual screen and stylus functionality.

I have my own bias on which I like better, but I'll just say you'll win no matter which you pick :)

JeTmAn81

It occurs to me to wonder if the game will be available for purchase as a download on either platform. Both should be able to do it, and selling it that way could avoid some of the availability issues experienced with 999. I've got my hard copy preordered from Amazon anyway.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
So every other country in America is screwed too then? Will we even have a chance to get these watches that doesn't involve paying ridiculous ebay prices? :(

There MAY be a chance to obtain the watch later in another fashion, but we can't make any promises at this time...

It occurs to me to wonder if the game will be available for purchase as a download on either platform. Both should be able to do it, and selling it that way could avoid some of the availability issues experienced with 999. I've got my hard copy preordered from Amazon anyway.

The VITA version will both have the retail and PSN releases on the same day.

The 3DS version, we're currently looking into the possibility of an e-Shop digital version, but it most likely won't be the day of the retail release.

Eusis

I think Sony mandates it actually. Nintendo though, yeah, who knows.

About the watch, I don't wear my original because the plastic tubes would slip out of the metal part, no matter how tight I tightened the screws. Is there going to be any issue of the watch "falling apart" due to regular use?

Belisarius

Neo Member
About the watch, I don't wear my original because the plastic tubes would slip out of the metal part, no matter how tight I tightened the screws. Is there going to be any issue of the watch "falling apart" due to regular use?

Shouldn't be. This watch is constructed differently, and should be a lot more, uh, wearable than the 999 one. i.e., it is not a solid block of steel.

Top Bottom