• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) featured in Famitsu

takoyaki

There will be an 8 page long article on the game in this week's Famitsu, part of which is an interview with Kotaro Uchikoshi. All characters, the story and the game systems will be covered.

edit:

Uchikoshi quote from the interview said:
You can look forward to this game, because I'm confident in saying that it will be the pinnacle of the series.

Yui

Uhm, that's Akane. Phi is the fourth from the right.

Uhm yeah, I know that. xD
Just saying they look kinda similar to me except for the hair of course + they are basically looking away from one another with the same head position.
I gotta find those secrets! ^^

redhood56

Banned
They better do the kid character right this time. But god damn I'm so hyped, I wish we could get actual screens than the blurry little ones in the bottom right.
One of the images looks like it's prom the participant 1, one of the characters we play?

They better do the kid character right this time. But god damn I'm so hyped, I wish we could get actual screens than the blurry little ones in the bottom right.
One of the images looks like it's prom the participant 1, one of the characters we play?

Quark was great. Loved his hat btw.

grim-tales

Maybe
The character in the pig mask could be a shout out to Building Q
~
Or our amnesia character... wait... OH SHIT, OH SHIT!
Q = Quark
Fuuuuck

Why is Zero (?) wearing a top hat? Maybe that is
Dio/Left/his clone?

grim-tales

Participant 4 is likely the little kid. Whose face is hidden. And someone's name is Q.

Participant 4 is Quark.

I think the same thing,
but how can Quark be around at the same time as young/college Jumpy and Akane? I hope they get his character/story right this time

Hylian7

Uh holy shit. I didn't expect anything until next week. The pig mask, interesting. I love the new plague mask Zero.

While those screenshots are small, I'm really digging this new art style. From the looks of it, they weren't kidding when they said fully animated cut scenes.

Also no Clover! I'm okay with this!

VLR spoilers:
Does that confirm P6 as Akane? I thought she didn't know what happened here...

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised at how good the 3d seems to look(although hard to really tell given how small the caps are). I didn't expect it to be all that much better than VLR.
I would have been fine with 2d(maybe even preferred it) too.

Can't wait. Time to replay VLR soon.

I think the same thing,
but how can Quark be around at the same time as young/college Jumpy and Akane? I hope they get his character/story right this time
Well,
this is a series with cryogenic freezing and time travel... Suppose something really bad happens to the kid in the test site and Junpei decides to cryofreeze him to keep him safe until far into the future. It would make the age difference between Quark and Tenmyouji in VLR fit.

It's just a crack theory anyway, I'm only half serious.
Knowing Uchikoshi, I think it's too obvious to be true.

Another thing I've noticed is that there's a plague doctor, and, as far as we know, the Mars Test Site is
the place where Radical 6, a highly contagious and dangerous virus, got released. Cute.

It'd be really cool if we could play as the kid, but I don't think that's going to happen. I'd personally like to avoid playing as one of the returning characters, but sadly that seems likely. I can't wait to know who the playable character is.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
There will be an 8 page long article on the game in this week's Famitsu, part of which is an interview with Kotaro Uchikoshi. All characters, the story and the game systems will be covered.

edit:

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

cbq

Color combinations on the characters seem kind of odd.

Seriously, second screenshot is Junpei holding Akane. So much for them not being participants and not seeing each other after 999.

Hylian7

Color combinations on the characters seem kind of odd.

Seriously, second screenshot is Junpei holding Akane. So much for them not being participants and not seeing each other after 999.
VLR spoilers:
Schrödinger's Cat shenanigans? Maybe Akane wasn't there in the timeline VLR is in, but in this one she is, and Junpei's consciousness went to the past.

Zolo

Well,
this is a series with cryogenic freezing and time travel... Suppose something really bad happens to the kid in the test site and Junpei decides to cryofreeze him to keep him safe until far into the future. It would make the age difference between Quark and Tenmyouji in VLR fit.

It's just a crack theory anyway, I'm only half serious.
Knowing Uchikoshi, I think it's too obvious to be true.

Another thing I've noticed is that there's a plague doctor, and, as far as we know, the Mars Test Site is
the place where Radical 6, a highly contagious and dangerous virus, got released. Cute.

It'd be really cool if we could play as the kid, but I don't think that's going to happen. I'd personally like to avoid playing as one of the returning characters, but sadly that seems likely. I can't wait to know who the playable character is.

Likely Junpei. The screen looking at the watch looks like it comes from the player's point of view, and Sigma has the same type of pants.

Edit: Nevermind. Guy has white cuffs.

Thoraxes

VLR spoilers:
Schrödinger's Cat shenanigans? Maybe Akane wasn't there in the timeline VLR is in, but in this one she is, and Junpei's consciousness went to the past.

Ending VLR SPOILERS:
In particular, i'm wondering which versions of the returning characters are going to be there. Also wondering which consciousness we'll be controlling, and in which body.

Hylian7

Likely Junpei. The screen looking at the watch looks like it comes from the player's point of view, and Sigma has the same type of pants.

Edit: Nevermind. Guy has white cuffs. Maybe blonde-haired dude.
Look closer at that screenshot of the guy holding Akane. That is Sigma's shirt.

I think we are playing as Sigma, not really sure why it would change.

mStudios

I think we are playing as Sigma, not really sure why it would change.

The first person view shots (the watch) shows the blonde guy (Carlos?)

Plus, Junpei's holding Akane. He has a black shirt (no neck) and jacket's off.

L~A

Really, really looking forward to this. Finally something concrete, and not just a bunch of black/white artworks.

NotLiquid

Huh, y'know, I never expected this. Judging from the previews, Participant 1 is this game's main character.

In five of the screenshots, he's explicitly in three of them. One of them has him what seems to be coming into some kind of awareness while the second one has him focus on his bracelet. Third one has him conversing with Akane. He's in the forefront out of all of the 9 players and I don't think that's for no reason.

This seems to stick a fork in my theory that we'd be playing as
an amnesiac Junpei but it makes sense as well for them to want to avoid a repeat of main characters - I guess we know who ? is supposed to be at the end of VLR now.
However this also casts another theory under suspicion, namely that
he seems to resemble Dio/Left. If he is, this would mean that for the second time we'd arguably be playing an antagonist, and even that would make some sense as Brother was described as an all-powerful esper, which could somewhat tie into Carlos (assuming that's this guy's name) being ? as well.

There are still plotholes, mind, especially due to Junpei and Akane's involvements, but I'm sure they will be accounted for.

I'm pretty sure that's Junpei, look at the V neck and the color of the shirt: no collar and black. Plus, Sigma's arms look buffer than that I think.

EDIT: What everyone else said. :p

I'm guessing Captain America is Eric, and Javier Bardem Jr. is Carlos.

Also... *VLR Spoilers*

If Junpei doesn't remember seeing Akane, maybe Kyle consciousness is inhabiting Junpei's body in ZE3, so that's why he doesn't remember.

Top Bottom