• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) featured in Famitsu

I'm guessing Captain America is Eric, and Javier Bardem Jr. is Carlos.

Also... *VLR Spoilers*

If Junpei doesn't remember seeing Akane, maybe Kyle consciousness is inhabiting Junpei's body in ZE3, so that's why he doesn't remember.

Junpei remembers, that's when he learned the truth about Akane's ordeal and the trauma from the games made him bitter

GSR

Given this series, I wouldn't make any bets about who we're playing as.

...Still would like to see Diana in the role though like I've said once or twice. It'd be a change of pace from "plot-important female deuteragonist."

NotLiquid

woah wait I forgot about
Kyle
i can see them
putting him inside the kid, trapped in "armor" yet again

It's somewhat doubtful that K needs to be masked because during the events of this game he doesn't even have a body of his own. He jacked into ?s body in order to place them on the scene since they're the "missing piece" so to speak. By the time the game begins, K will probably not even be around anymore and we'll be playing as someone who has zero awareness of what's happened.

The only real options for who Q is, is it's either Quark via hibernation shenanigans, or it's someone new who will have their identity revealed as the game unfolds.

Kyonashi

LVnFoOp.png

So these are the names right?

That guy looks too much like a Carlos, and the other too much like an Eric.

Also there looks like pure murder behind Eric's eyes

NotLiquid

I see they're gonna get that love triangle going between Sigma, Phi, and Diana.
/jk

Uchi already confirmed that Phi and Siggy wouldn't be a couple
CAUSE SHE'S GONNA BE THE LOVE INTEREST OF THIS GAME'S PROTAG BABY, YEEEEAAAH
:(

Did Lotus have a daughter called Mila?
I think she'll be a new character now we know her name though.
Nope, Ennea and Nona.

Man, I wonder who Gab is? Uchikoshi mentioned somewhere (Twitter? Facebook?) that his favorite new character was someone called "Gab". After this reveal, I wonder if this is that rumored dog...

Thoraxes

Can you remind me of that reason? I forget (it's been forever)...

VLR Ending spoilers:
It's mostly because of Kyle and the way the consciousnesses travelled. Most assume male because if you ended up in an opposite gendered body, you'd probably be more prone to freaking out.

Though technically there was the suit, so that may have complicated things, idk. It's also mentioned he's kinda the key to the mission to save humanity, or rather the consciousness in Kyle's body. IIRC they use the male gendered pronoun at the end of VLR too.

HOLY CRAP! EVERYTHING IS PERFECT!

K5gU8qr.jpg

The cast all look amazing in colour!

The overall look and creepy tone is so 999!

Akane has been confirmed!

The character models look excellent!

Mila is covered up below her chest!

YCHCDRTJT! I CAN'T BREATHE!

The redhead is probably associated with Luna in some way right? I don't like her design compared to Luna, who as far as I'm concerned was the best thing about VLR. The eyes are too big, even by anime standards.

And calling it now - the guy who likes like he was ripped straight out of a 90's britpop band is going to be a psycho.

Nachos

VLR spoilers:
Watch Kyle actually be in Akane's body. Akane was sometimes K in VLR, so why not do it in reverse here?

Thoraxes

The redhead is probably associated with Luna in some way right? I don't like her design compared to Luna, who as far as I'm concerned was the best thing about VLR. The eyes are too big, even by anime standards.

And calling it now - the guy who likes like he was ripped straight out of a 90's britpop band is going to be a psycho.

If you played VLR (spoilers):
The redhead is Diana, the woman Luna's design is based off. Sigma created Luna (who was a GAULEM, remember?) using her as the design.
VLR spoilers:
Watch Kyle actually be in Akane's body. Akane was sometimes K in VLR, so why not do it in reverse here?

I think this fits in with how Akane mentions Schrödinger's Cat being a related method to accomplish their means.

Of course we need a girl with her boobies out since Lotus isn't in this one.
It looks great though, this artstyle. The masked characters look creepy.

Soriku

Hype as fuck.

VLR spoilers:
So how old was Quark when Junpei took him under his wing? Seeing a little kiddo named "Q" sets off my suspicions. I know that Junpei and Quark's age difference should be dramatically higher, but this series has used cryogenic storage before to throw off these trails.

Junpei took him in as a baby.

HYYYYYPPPPEEEEEE

Looks fucking fantastic, holy shit. I've been waiting for my hype to hit max level before replaying 999 & VLR and I think that time has come.

If you played VLR (spoilers):
The redhead is Diana, the woman Luna's design is based off. Sigma created Luna (who was a GAULEM, remember?) using her as the design.

I did play VLR, and even reached the true ending for it, but it's been so long now that I've forgotten a fair chunk of it.

VLR spoilers -
I remember it being revealed that Luna was a robot/clone/whatever, and that she was molded around a woman who lived in the base, but the name Diana completely escapes me.

Thoraxes

I did play VLR, and even reached the true ending for it, but it's been so long now that I've forgotten a fair chunk of it.

VLR spoilers -
I remember it being revealed that Luna was a robot/clone/whatever, and that she was molded around a woman who lived in the base, but the name Diana completely escapes me.

It's all good :D

Didn't know if you completed it or were in the middle of a playthrough or anything, so I figured better safe than sorry!

Soriku

VLR spoilers -

I'm pretty sure the name Diana only came from a series of answers by Uchikoshi about VLR, not in the game itself. I just finished VLR, and Diana is referenced, but not mentioned by name.

mothball

Translated each character's quote as well as I could make them out. They shouldn't be spoilers considering they're displayed prominently on a magazine page, but I'll spoiler them anyway.

神に見捨てられた??に、いるかもしれませんね
[We/they] might be in [place] that God has abandoned.
大丈夫だ、俺は死なない
Don't worry, I won't die.
悪いがもう、ヒーローみたいな真似はやめたんだ
Sorry, but I'm through playing the hero.
ミラは俺の、俺だけの、天使なんだ!
Mila is MY angel and MY angel alone!
あとひとり、誰かが死ねば・・・
If one more person dies...
私の初めての相手と同じだったのよ
It was the same with my first partner.
ふたりとも、必ず生き残ってくれ 愛してる・・・
You two have to survive... I love you.
私が殺したのは、6人じゃなくて・・・60億人
It wasn't just six people I killed... it was six billion.
本当はたぶん―寂しかったんだよ、私は・・・
The truth is, I guess... I was lonely.
運命とは理不尽なものだ。たった一匹のカタツムリが世界を滅ぼすこともある
It's a funny thing, fate. Sometimes it'll even cause a single snail to wipe out the entire planet.

Bowlie

Banned
Junpei and Phi's quotes are so different from their past behaviors, omgggggggggggggg

And they fucking played us with Mila's design, huh. I thought it'd be much worse.

NotLiquid

Translated each character's quote as well as I could make them out. They shouldn't be spoilers considering they're displayed prominently on a magazine page, but I'll spoiler them anyway.

神に見捨てられた??に、いるかもしれませんね
[We/they] might be in [place] that God has abandoned.
大丈夫だ、俺は死なない
悪いがもう、ヒーローみたいな真似はやめたんだ
ミラは俺の、俺だけの、天使なんだ!
あとひとり、誰かが死ねば・・・
If one more person dies...
私の初めての相手と同じだったのよ
It was the same with my first partner.
ふたりとも、必ず生き残ってくれ 愛してる・・・
You two have to survive... I love you.
私が殺したのは、6人じゃなくて・・・60億人
It wasn't just six people I killed... it was six billion.
本当はたぶん―寂しかったんだよ、私は・・・
The truth is, I guess... I was lonely.
運命とは理不尽なものだ。たった一匹のカタツムリが世界を滅ぼすこともある
It's a funny thing, fate. Sometimes it'll even cause a single snail to wipe out the entire planet.

Huh. That is not what I was expecting, especially Phi's quote, so she will have some kind of love interest in this game after all? Sigma's quote, seems like it's directed towards Diana and how he was essentially robbed of his life (maybe the reason he
created Luna
). Eric confirmed to be something of an obsessive psycho? Akane for once seems like she has no control over the situation and Junpei having lost hope is heartbreaking.

This really does make it seem like Carlos is the protagonist.

GSR

That all looks pretty accurate from what I can make out, though Phi's is a bit odd. Maybe that's 交 or something like it, not 愛? Doesn't make much sense then though...

Ah well. Let's leave the rest to フラゲ.

Zolo

大丈夫だ、俺は死なない
Sounds like protagonist material.
悪いがもう、ヒーローみたいな真似はやめたんだ
:(
ミラは俺の、俺だけの、天使なんだ!
lol. That certainly goes along with everyone's theories of him being the psycho one.

Guys, I seriously can't get over how perfect literally everything is. They haven't done a single thing wrong so far. I really think this is going to top 999.

The trailer is going to end me.

Bowlie

Banned
Guys, I seriously can't get over how perfect literally everything is. They haven't done a single thing wrong so far. I really think this is going to top 999.

The trailer is going to end me.

We're in teaser land for so long; I don't if I can handle a full trailer.

Jintor

i'm committed to trying my best to only see these things:

a) trailer
b) release date
c) that's it oh man i will be so hyped if i can manage this

HOLY SHIT!
We were so right on pretty much everyone.
Akane looks too different for me, but I can get used to it.

Looks like we'll be getting fully animated cutscenes this time as opposed to little snippets and still pictures.

DID I SAY THAT I LOVE EVERYONE RIGHT NOW?!

Also guys, summer isn'T that far away anymore. HNNNNGGGHHHH!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

EDIT: Also, 10 people? That's seriously unexpected.

Top Bottom