• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) featured in Famitsu

Phoenixus

Do you not like puzzles, or are you just bad at them?

Really the only puzzles I had any issues with in VLR were the dice puzzles.

Bit of both really, I've tried getting into the layton games countless times but they just feel so tedious. When puzzles take so long to figure out that they get in the way of experiencing the story, I'd rather just skip them.

999 ios/android was entirely the wrong way to go about it though, even just showing a bit of what the puzzle was about instead of cutting it entirely would have been better.

Tizoc

Carlos (Tomokazu Sugita)

BUT OF COURSE!

OK that's about as much info I should know about this game need to go into media blackout moooooooode

Carlos (Tomokazu Sugita)

BUT OF COURSE!

OK that's about as much info I should know about this game need to go into media blackout moooooooode

From now on, the only thing I want to know about this game is its release date.
This was my last visit to a ZTD thread.

See you guys in the spoilers thread once I beat the game in a few months!

Eblo

Based on what I can see from these tiny images, the 3D cutscenes resemble Persona 5 or P4D. It's hard to be sure with this size, but it's definitely a huge improvement in lighting, shading, and overall quality from the weird models we had in VLR.

As for the list of names, do we know who is who? The order in the OP doesn't seem to match the order left-right of the image.

Korigama

Odd for Akane to be there, given what had already been established regarding Junpei previously. Not the least bit surprised that Eric is as mentally unbalanced as he appeared to be.

Bowlie

Banned
Based on what I can see from these tiny images, the 3D cutscenes resemble Persona 5 or P4D. It's hard to be sure with this size, but it's definitely a huge improvement in lighting, shading, and overall quality from the weird models we had in VLR.

As for the list of names, do we know who is who? The order in the OP doesn't seem to match the order left-right of the image.

LVnFoOp.png

So these are the names right?

That guy looks too much like a Carlos, and the other too much like an Eric.

Also there looks like pure murder behind Eric's eyes

GSR, please add this to the OP :p

Setsu00

I like the game's Japanese title, 刻のジレンマ (most likely intended to be read as "Toki no Jirenma" which means "dilemma of time"). "刻" is apparently a variant of "時" and means "time", but it can also mean "scratch", "cutting" and "cruelty".

Seems very fitting to me.

Eblo

GSR, please add this to the OP :p

Thanks, I figured Carlos was the hunk but wasn't sure.

Odd for Akane to be there, given what had already been established regarding Junpei previously. Not the least bit surprised that Eric is as mentally unbalanced as he appeared to be.

What we need to do now is ask ourselves which body is being used by Kyle and which one for the player. From what I understand, Akane
said she wasn't there. Unless I'm forgetting another detail, it's entirely possible her body was there, but not her consciousness. So that "Akane" we see could actually be the player or Kyle. This may lead to some... interesting interactions with Junpei.

Is Q the dog?

Thoraxes

I'm a bit annoyed they showed characters who are in the 2nd game because that means they survive and I haven't finished it yet.

This is my favorite post in this thread.

:D

Thanks, I figured Carlos was the hunk but wasn't sure.

What we need to do now is ask ourselves which body is being used by Kyle and which one for the player. From what I understand, Akane
said she wasn't there. Unless I'm forgetting another detail, it's entirely possible her body was there, but not her consciousness. So that "Akane" we see could actually be the player or Kyle. This may lead to some... interesting interactions with Junpei. So the Akane in VLR wouldn't have been there when the outbreak happens, but maybe she's there in the timeline where we succeed.

Is Q the dog?

This rabbit hole goes deep,
but the timeline to save everyone from the outbreak could be one Akane created access to by ensuring the events of VLR happen so Sigma and Phi can be sent back to do so.

Additionally, it's not like she hasn't lied before just to ensure her plans are enacted as she planned. Hell, the consciousness of Akane from VLR could be from an earlier point in time than the Mars testing facility too, and the one from 999 could really be the one from the final timeline to set everything in motion back from the beginning, closing the loop.

It could literally be anything.

I like the game's Japanese title, 刻のジレンマ (most likely intended to be read as "Toki no Jirenma" which means "dilemma of time"). "刻" is apparently a variant of "時" and means "time", but it can also mean "scratch", "cutting" and "cruelty".

Well, we know this is accurate.

I'm really wondering just how far this game is going to push it.

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit son, just woke up to this. I'm hyped as hell! XD

Here, have some more hype:

Uchikoshi quote from the interview said:
You can look forward to this game, because I'm confident in saying that it will be the pinnacle of the series.

I believe him too. Are you ready for the best gaming trilogy of all time?!

YES! Give me dat delicious 'cruelty'. I've missed the dark tone from 999. Show me lots of blood!

I haven't been this hyped for a game in a long time. I was pretty chill over everything, but then we find out the names of everyone. Nope, no hype train for me. Need to buy a Vita first since I want the dub and have a european 3DS.

Are we allowed to start with the batshit theories yet? I hope Uchikoshi doesn't recycle too many twists this time.

Akane looks decent in color, that leaves only Diana standing out like a sore thumb. Her eyes are sooo wrooooong.

Just you wait when/if she snaps. Those eyes of hers will be super creepy. God, please keep her away from all sharp objects!

And speaking of Akane, I can't wait to see how she interacts with Junpei! SO MUCH HYPE! Hopefully none of them play the amnesia card and don't remember anything.

Love the art in color. I was not expecting the last participant to be Q (as in a child with that mask), but he looks cool. I also thought Akane wasn't going to be a participant in this nonary game, but I'm definitely glad she's here and it is fitting. Zero looks pretty badass, and those quotes are pretty interesting too.

So hyped for this, it's currently my most anticipated game. :)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Those portraits look great in color, seeing how the designs are kinda toned down compared to VLR Mila's outfit stands out even more. They could have sold her as sexy without going "that far". But hey, at least the writing should be great.

I wish they'd release a physical version of the game in Europe. Would go along well with my 999 and VLR carts. But day one anyway.

I like Phi. Unfortunately this means she probably dies.
if my play through of Danganronpa 2 is anything to go by

So this is actually coming out this year in the States right?

Those portraits look great in color, seeing how the designs are kinda toned down compared to VLR Mila's outfit stands out even more. They could have sold her as sexy without going "that far". But hey, at least the writing should be great.

I wish they'd release a physical version of the game in Europe. Would go along well with my 999 and VLR carts. But day one anyway.

They do look great in colour, but I still think they looked great in black and white too. And Mila could have been a lot worse. I'm definitely glad she's in the game, I absolutely loved both Lotus and Alice.

And why not just import the physical Vita version?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
They do look great in colour, but I still think they looked great in black and white too. And Mila could have been a lot worse. I'm definitely glad she's in the game, I absolutely loved both Lotus and Alice.
Oh yeah sure, I didn't forget Alice in VLR! It's just that with the way I'm picturing the game to be going art-direction wise I feel she's a bit "too much". Pretty sure I won't mind it much in the game when crazy shit is happening left and right.

And why not just import the physical Vita version?
That's an option, even though the Vita in my house isn't mine per se. I could also get the 3DS US version just for collection's sake but I missed out the collector's edition. All in all, what's important is that I'll be playing this.

Just you wait when/if she snaps. Those eyes of hers will be super creepy. God, please keep her away from all sharp objects!

And speaking of Akane, I can't wait to see how she interacts with Junpei! SO MUCH HYPE! Hopefully none of them play the amnesia card and don't remember anything.

Everybody will have amnesia!

Isotope

It looks so good. ;_;

Aside from a release date, I'm now on a media blackout for this game. This Summer is gonna be awesome.

Well, we do have people being cryogenically frozen, which is why Quark has been suggested. I don't think it's him either though. Doesn't really make sense. Also it's a different VA too.
Also Kyle Klim is cloned/born/raised from Sigma while on Rhizome 9 on the Moon, so it wouldn't be him, unless you're suggesting it could be his consciousness.
It being Kyle's conciousness is what I meant.

Also about Eric and Mila, I think those two are our Clover and Alice/Snake respectively, as in one (Eric) is ultra dependend on the other (Mila) to function properly and will easily blow a fuse and go haywire if something happens to that person (Mila).

I can't wait to learn more about our creepy little pig friend. He intrigues me.

By the way, I wonder if the trailer will be in English or Japanese. I'm dying to hear some English voice acting!

CrazyDude

There were theories that Quark was a Left clone, but even if that is not the case, it is possible that the kid is a Left clone.

Thoraxes

It being Kyle's conciousness is what I meant.

Also about Eric and Mila, I think those two are our Clover and Alice/Snake respectively, as in one (Eric) is ultra dependend on the other (Mila) to function properly and will easily blow a fuse and go haywire if something happens to that person (Mila).

Gotcha! I think so too!

And yeah, I think you'll be right about some of that too!

JUST GOT OUT OF SCHOOL

SHIIIIIIT

SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT

MEGA FUCKING TON

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

CAN'T BE HERE SOON ENOUGH

DIANA ALMOST MAKES ME CRY

HOLD ME GAF

Top Bottom