• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) featured in Famitsu

takoyaki

That all looks pretty accurate from what I can make out, though Phi's is a bit odd. Maybe that's 交 or something like it, not 愛? Doesn't make much sense then though...

Ah well. Let's leave the rest to フラゲ.

It's really hard to read, it could be 案じてる as in "I'm anxious/very concerned". Or it's 安じてる "to be at ease". Or
you're right, lets wait for the flying get ;)

Translated each character's quote as well as I could make them out. They shouldn't be spoilers considering they're displayed prominently on a magazine page, but I'll spoiler them anyway.

Great stuff, thanks! I tried as well but couldn't read enough of it because it's so damn blurry.

Hylian7

Those quotes are interesting. Really curious to see the back story behind Eric and Mila.

Next week cannot come soon enough.

I also can't wait to see the full article.

grim-tales

Junpei's quote makes me sad :(
Maybe thats how he became so lonely and bitter in VLR

Calling a
Love Triangle between Mila, Carlos and Eric - Eric will be our Ace/Psycho figure

Aalvi

omg what if
kyle is the dog?

Edit: A 4th dimensional blick winkel dog that studied abroad and learned english. He's a dog and not a dog at the same time, we won't know until the reveal.

Edit 2: The dog is going to be the equivalent of the rabbit(on a more serious non-crackpot theory note)

grim-tales

Could there be a love interest for Phi after all? Or someone she's really close to. Hmmm.
Pig Kid's quote actually sounds scary/sad

mothball

Huh. That is not what I was expecting, especially Phi's quote, so she will have some kind of love interest in this game after all?

I thought it was weird too, but I checked the wiki and it seems all the devs have said about that is that Phi and Sigma won't be a couple.

Also, as I first read that line I imagined her saying it
as she lay dying, telling two other people to go on and keep living
, but after some thought it might also be in the context of
her leaving two people behind and telling them to survive (in contrast with everyone else around?), perhaps not even in the facility or during the game's main events.

Hylian7

Okay, so who is who?
OP's got a list of names but they don't match the pictures in the Famitsu screenshot.
I mean, obviously I know who Junpei, Akane, Diana, Sigma and Phi are, but what about the other 5?
Carlos - blond short hair guy
Eric - brown hair guy with creepy smile
Q - mask kid
Mila - busty woman

Bowlie

Banned
Okay, so who is who?
OP's got a list of names but they don't match the pictures in the Famitsu screenshot.
I mean, obviously I know who Junpei, Akane, Diana, Sigma and Phi are, but what about the other 5?

LVnFoOp.png

So these are the names right?

That guy looks too much like a Carlos, and the other too much like an Eric.

Also there looks like pure murder behind Eric's eyes

so1337

Akane, Junpei, Phi, Sigma and Zero all look great. I had my doubts about this new artist but they have won me over.

Must've overlooked this, thanks.

BTW everyone thinking Q = Quark:
Get your timelines checked.
Quark is like 12 at most in VLR, which takes place 40 or so years after this game.

EDIT2: Also, the 10nth person sure as hell isn't Zero.
Zero's appearance is that of a person covered in a Free The Soul cloak and a gas mask.
This guy is simply a plague doctor. He's our mountain man. Pretty sure he's an amnesiac, too.
The kid with the bobble head is either
Kyle Klim
or an original character and I'm pretty sure he won't be an amnesiac.

Aalvi

The carlos/eric(whichevers which) look like they could be related.

Or maybe younger older versions of the same person....maybe a clone. Maybe Q would be a child version of them once you take the helmet off.

Throwing these thoughts into the wild. I'd drop everything to play this and find out.

Thoraxes

Quark is like 12 at most in VLR, which takes place 40 or so years after this game.

Zero's appearance is that of a person covered in a Free The Soul cloak and a gas mask.
This guy is simply a plague doctor. He's our mountain man. Pretty sure he's an amnesiac.
Kyle Klim
Well, we do have people being cryogenically frozen, which is why Quark has been suggested. I don't think it's him either though. Doesn't really make sense. Also it's a different VA too.
Also Kyle Klim is cloned/born/raised from Sigma while on Rhizome 9 on the Moon, so it wouldn't be him, unless you're suggesting it could be his consciousness.

Bowlie

Banned

This guy is simply a plague doctor. He's our mountain man. Pretty sure he's an amnesiac, too.
Kyle Klim

No worries!

You know that your first spoiler doesn't mean much, from what happened to other characters :p

But you're right, we always have to think two steps ahead from the obvious answer.

I hope you guys realise just how amazing the Japanese voice cast is. It's like the best of the best. Not like it was ever in doubt, but you can expect another very high quality dose of voice acting.

悪いがもう、ヒーローみたいな真似はやめたんだ
Sorry, but I'm through playing the hero.

1456703651790.jpg

Punished Junpei. A man with a radical future

Well, we do have people being cryogenically frozen, which is why Quark has been suggested. I don't think it's him either though. Doesn't really make sense. Also it's a different VA too.
Also Kyle Klim is cloned/born/raised from Sigma while on Rhizome 9 on the Moon, so it wouldn't be him, unless you're suggesting it could be his consciousness.
Only way that could be
Quark is if they sent his body into the past like how they're presumably going to do for Clover and Alice. Of course that still might not work, for all we know you still need to actually exist for that body time travel to work.

kgtrep

Nine's the number. I'm thinking one of the 10 will die at the very beginning to be shown as an example of what happens if you disobey the mastermind. Like that other game. ;)

Only way that could be
Quark is if they sent his body into the past like how they're presumably going to do for Clover and Alice. Of course that still might not work, for all we know you still need to actually exist for that body time travel to work.

Q being
Quark
seems way too obvious....

Nine's the number. I'm thinking one of the 10 will die at the very beginning to be shown as an example of what happens if you disobey the mastermind. Like that other game. ;)

Or Mr. Bird Man is Zero and not part of the main cast.

pbayne

Superb character designs all around. Can't wait.

Also does anyone else look at Carlos and think
Young Ace?

galvenize

I played both games but I think I'mma need a timeline that shows what happens when cuz I'm not sure my memory is all that fresh anymore.

Phoenixus

I'm probably going to get crucified for suggesting this, but I wonder if there'll be a mode that lets you skip the puzzles and just indulge in the story? Used a puzzle guide for VLR since I just wanted the plot. Though I'm betting the puzzles in this will again heavily tie into the story so I'll just use a guide again. :)

Irru

Neo Member
I'm probably going to get crucified for suggesting this, but I wonder if there'll be a mode that lets you skip the puzzles and just indulge in the story? Used a puzzle guide for VLR since I just wanted the plot. Though I'm betting the puzzles in this will again heavily tie into the story so I'll just use a guide again. :)

Do you not like puzzles, or are you just bad at them?

Really the only puzzles I had any issues with in VLR were the dice puzzles.

I'm a bit annoyed they showed characters who are in the 2nd game because that means they survive and I haven't finished it yet.

Top Bottom