• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi - Pure Survival Horror is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC [ZombiU Port]

J@hranimo

Banned
Nice!

P.S: Is Tantalus doing the port?

Lol this is brought up again! Time for that thread to get bumped :p

Topic: I never played this although I've heard several recommendations to play this both on neogaf and people I know personally. I'm curious to see how this will go.

Who knows, maybe it will do decently enough and the sequel WILL be finished and for all systems including the NX :)

It's a great survival/horror in the sense that it really makes you fight to survive. There's very little guns, and what you find you can easily lose in a moment of hesitation. There's also great atmosphere and some awesome moments. The Wii U version had it's faults, I don't think they'll have made any huge efforts to fix some of the annoyances. Overall I consider it one of the best original survival/horror games from the last 5 years or so.

TalonJH

I get why they got rid of the "U" on the end but I for some reason feel like it ruins the name.

OT: Yeah, I plan to buy it. I wonder what they do without the gamepad. I wouldn't mind a second screen app but thats kind of clumsy...But hey, I plan to use the PitBoy in Fallout 4 on my wrist.

It's a great survival/horror in the sense that it really makes you fight to survive. There's very little guns, and what you find you can easily lose in a moment of hesitation. There's also great atmosphere and some awesome moments. The Wii U version had it's faults, I don't think they'll have made any huge efforts to fix some of the annoyances. Overall I consider it one of the best original survival/horror games from the last 5 years or so.

I REALLY hope enough people grab this to greenlight a sequel

There are so many threads and ideas in this game that deserve to be iterated and expanded on

Its so brilliant

Shiggy

Who told you that? It couldn't have been people who actually played the game, as it's pretty obvious to anyone who actually has played it that the gamepad usage, while cool, is far from essential.

Lot of Wii U players said that. If you really want to, I'll search those posts.

This looks to be like I Am Alive. A game that Ubisoft has finished but little faith in its commercial success, thus they release it only as a digital title.

mantidor

While I loved the WiiU version I never finished it, I think I will restart the game now.

Still feel this game is too full of cliches for me. Coppers, beef eaters and zombies with bad teeth.

It's in England.

Bad sterotype jokes aside :p, have we really had zombies with "good" teeth anywhere? It's not a cliche, it's just something that happens, they are zombies.

Lot of Wii U players said that. If you really want to, I'll search those posts.

I believe it, no need to search for proof. My point is that if these people actually played the game and still said that, they're nuts. I would assume most that claimed the gamepad functionality was essential never actually spent time playing it.

Reebot

I'm not into eating crow threads, but there was a lot of posts about it awhile back. I agree though they're nice but not essential to the game.

What did the gamepad even do? Radar, inventory, and a scope? Oh and I remember like a blacklight puzzle mechanic.

Yeah I can't think of a thing I'd call essential. What a weird claim.

Bizzquik

What's the tone of this zombie game?

Resident Evil Remake tension & atmosphere?
Dead Rising 1 campy comedy?

Just finished REmake again. Wish there was something like it on consoles for me to play now.

RaptorGTA

Eh..would have liked a Wii U sequel...

Not sure how this game is going to play without the game pad...sad to say but the gamepad really made this game feel unique and pulled you in. Looks like no new content either so this kind seems like a cheap cash in.

ryseing

The "make a nursery rhyme demented and scary" thing is so overplayed and yet still effective.

I hate horror games but I think I'll give this one a shot. As long as the horror level is similar to something like Dying Light I think I'll be OK. Definitely playing with lights on and audio off though.

GavinUK86

If it's cheap, day one for PC. Always looked interesting but I was never going to buy a WiiU. It looks a lot more..... cartoony(?) now it's running at a higher resolution. It just looked murky on the WiiU.

Corpekata

Banned

Just finished REmake again. Wish there was something like it on consoles for me to play now.

It's definetly not Dead Rising campy. It's fairly straightforward survival horror though you do have a guy on a radio talking to you sometimes that provides comic relief.

lt519

Not sure how they can replicate the tenseness of having to look down at your Gamepad to do radar scans, equip gear, etc while zombies are still trying to eat your brains.

Game is nearly as bad as the people who like it crying about the reviews. It's literally the most embarrassing thing when people moan about reviewers not "getting" the game or not being good it it.

Sojiro

Glad they added more melee weapons, hopefully they all have pros and cons to them rather than just being reskins of the old faithful cricket bat. Anyone who hasn't tried this owes it to themselves to give it a shot if you like survival horror games at all. It is a really good (flawed) game.

This game is like

If RE1, 2, 4, Halflife, Metroid, and Dark Souls had a baby

Im being serious

Yes great to have this gem on PC forever.

Sequel next please but only if it's loyal to the original.

2nd best horror game after Amnesia for me.

Did I see a new melee weapon?
Anyhow, digital only will prevent me from double dipping. Otherwise, I would have gladly tried it and sold the WiiU version if they managed to capture the essence without second screen still.

Traded in my WiiU copy yesterday, infact, in anticipation of this.

Good pure survival horror game, but marred by having to use that shitty Gamepad, with it's accompanying forced gimmicks, and lack of any real characters or any depth to its story, so hopefully this port will solve a lot of the gameplay issues at least. A better plot and some proper characters is probably asking a bit much though.

Still, a good game overall, even if it does get a bit overhyped here.

TheMoon

Game is nearly as bad as the people who like it crying about the reviews. It's literally the most embarrassing thing when people moan about reviewers not "getting" the game or not being good it it.

It's cool to have an opinion but just know that you're just as wrong as the people you're complaining about. :)

But Gpeople told me it couldn't happen because of the Gamepad mechanics! Glad more people get to play it. Hopefully it does well enough that they consider a second.

I bet nobody told you it "couldn't" happen, just that it would lose a lot. Which is factually still true, no matter how you slice it.

Top Bottom