• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi - Pure Survival Horror is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC [ZombiU Port]

But Gpeople told me it couldn't happen because of the Gamepad mechanics! Glad more people get to play it. Hopefully it does well enough that they consider a second.

Yeah no. No one said that. Every game can be ported. You can port CoD to an iPhone if you want to but the question is - will it play the same?
No one said it could´nt be ported. This fanboy nonsense has to stop.

Lot of Wii U players said that. If you really want to, I'll search those posts.
This looks to be like I Am Alive. A game that Ubisoft has finished but little faith in its commercial success, thus they release it only as a digital title.

Not surprised to see you chime in. ^^ Go ahead. Search.

SerTapTap

Honestly the biggest question is whether they fixed the awful carnival section. That section did way more harm to the game than the gamepad did good.

scitek

Well i didnt liked it when i played it.

And now it took them years to port and nothing has changed graphically.

I'd guess it took more like months to port it. I'm thinking this release is in reaction to the recent success they've seen games like Alien: Isolation and REmake have, and they're testing out the market since this is the closest thing they have (and they're obviously not putting much money into it).

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Currently, the video has 10 upvotes and 10 downvotes. Curious to see how much of the crazy subsection of the pro-Nintendo crowd show up to downvote, due to it no longer being exclusive.

i would think people are downvoting who think it looks bad for a modern game

doubt anyone really cares it's no longer exclusive, game is years old at this point

NYCrooner

Hopefully this version does well. I really loved the Wii U version.

Doesn't look like much of a visual upgrade but this game is all about mood and atmosphere.

GavinUK86

vhjhUan.gif

Reebot

i would think people are downvoting who think it looks bad for a modern game

doubt anyone really cares it's no longer exclusive, game is years old at this point

100% its Nintendo fans.

I've no idea why someone would base their identity around what disposable entertainment they consume, but when said person picks Nintendo they really go all out.

cand

OMG people, it's not a fanboy nonsense and people in the other thread did not say it couldn't be ported! They said, and I as a owner of the game on Wii U since day one agree, that the gamepad is important to the overall feeling of the game and that there is no way to port it without losing something in translation.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This time I'll make it through on Survival difficulty.

OMG people, it's not a fanboy nonsense and people in the other thread did not say it couldn't be ported! They said, and I as a owner of the game on Wii U since day one agree, that the gamepad is important to the overall feeling of the game and that there is no way to port it without losing something in translation.

Well thats a load of horse crap honestly

The game stands on its own on its FPS and Survival mechanics alone

The gamepad stuff was the marketing angle but it also wasnt as integral to making the game special as everyone claims

Wow, this thread is pretty sad. It's like reading comments on a YouTube video.

Just be happy that more people get to play this game....

jmizzal

So Straight Right is doing the port
I may check it out then even tho I got the WiiU version day 1
But Straight Right did great WiiU work

Kimppis

I've never owned a Wii U, but this game has always interested me. However, digital only > no buy. I guess I'll get it for the Wii U as soon as I can find one for €99...

And damn... Nintendo fans are not liking that video.

I bet nobody told you it "couldn't" happen, just that it would lose a lot. Which is factually still true, no matter how you slice it.

Yeah, this is probably the best way to look at it. It's still going to be a great game, but the gamepad functionality added a lot to the experience. Far from essential, but very cool nonetheless.

SerTapTap

Sounds like it's being sent to die. Hope it turns out better than Prototype.

Don't mention that foul thing. Man, if this runs worse on PS4 than Wii U...that'd be a travesty.

I've never owned a Wii U, but this game has always interested me. However, digital only > no buy. I guess I'll get it for the Wii U as soon as I can find one for €99...

And damn... Nintendo fans are not liking that video.

It is way, way way cheaper to buy the game digital and buy a Wii U copy if all you want is a disk

100% its Nintendo fans.

I've no idea why someone would base their identity around what disposable entertainment they consume, but when said person picks Nintendo they really go all out.

Maybe it´s 100% Sony fans articulating their dudebreh behaviour on a game they used to shit on.
Isn´t it fun to write nonsense about the fans of plastic boxes to prove some hidden agenda? ^^

Ridley327

Does this game have an actual story with beginning and end? All I have seen from it is just surviving.

Kind of. You character (or characters) find themselves caught in something of a power struggle between those who have accepted that this is the way the world is now and those who still fight to find a cure, but it's more or less thin reasoning to justify going to some of the cool locations that you do. It is a linear game, though, so there is a defined end point.

Cyd0nia

Banned
Graphics nitpicking be damned. It's a great game that many people could have and should have played in 2012/13.

The version of God save the Queen played in the Wii U trailer actually played out in the game
end credits
- I wonder if London Bridge is Falling Down is going to appear elsewhere too?

It deserves a sequel, and deserves to live on as a franchise... maybe NX/PS4/XBO?

Top Bottom