• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Toronto GAF Meet Up VI: Class 3 Kill-Storm Snowmageddon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
iRKRbmE4eDzum.png
The gauntlet has been thrown and battle is about to commence.

Team Warm has had enough of Team Winter's antics, and we will do battle to decide Victory once and for all.

Time of Battle:
Friday, February 21st, 2014
8:00 PM

Place of Battle
Victory Cafe
581 Markham St
Toronto, ON M6G 2L7
iby56oFBSbGsPQ.png

Battle Participants
(those who shall go and do battle. Please let me know as far in advance as possible so that I can let our battlefield know how many graves to dig)
if you side with the other team and/or either are or are not coming, please let me know.

iDE2KsobZI8OM.gif

Team Warm
Kuro Madoushi
isny
Lostconfused
criesofthepast
Sousanator
Hero of Legend
Brinbe
chaobreaker

Vs

ibqtce90lFStEQ.gif

source:jre - http://jre.deviantart.com/art/Killer-Snowman-1002603
Team Winter
Whitehawk
Quadratic
Soultron
Deraldin
Sober
krae_man
Evilmario
Fuzzy
AlphaTwo00

Spectators (those who said they were thinking of going but decided to meekly watch at home on their computers and mobile devices scared and bloodless)
ifyojK98LHsOe.jpg

Wall of Shame/Team Maybe
Bombshack
Bamelin
Anony
Shadowkat
BigJonsson
kraftwerk
Kave_Man
firehawk12
ahdurian
jokkir
valkillmore
Kinitari

imPp1OTDfRzUu.gif

What do we usually do?
Usually, we get around 16-20 people and just hang out and talk to real live people as opposed to talking to people on the Internet. Topics range from Rob Ford, gaming, sports, life, GAF gossip, Kraftwerk's beard, Kave_Man's fro, travel, etc. Many of us also have portable gaming systems (3DS/Vita) and games can break out when we're not breaking each other's faces.

Other than that, we usually drink some alcohol and maybe water in Kraftwerk's case, chat, and eat appetizers for usually 2 hours or so. Once we've been kicked out for rowdiness, we go to another place to actually get food. I'm guessing we're going to Koreatown for KFC (aka Korean Fried Chicken), but plans can and do changing depending on who is left and what they want to do. For reference, we've gone for Chinese, Sushi ,Vietnamese, burritos, and Korean afterwards.

Meetups can last until midnight, but people come and leave when they wish. In some cases these last beyond midnight, but this is rare because I think Kraftwerk turns into a werewolf and Kave_Man turns into a Yeti at midnight.
iUINken1eYAIA.jpg

But I'm shy and scared of meeting people I don't know
Best way to get over that? Go out and meet some people. Yes, we don't know you, and you don't know us. However, the people I've met have all been friendly and we haven't had disagreements in the past. What will you talk about? What do you want to talk about?

But it's too far and it's too cold!
Yes...! Another convert of Team Warm! One of us was driving back from NEW YORK the night of the last meet up and STILL made it. Another came all the way from OTTAWA! The temperatures for the last meet up, I'm guessing, were colder than this coming meet up AND there was a power outage last time. Nothing...stops this train.

But I don't drink alcohol and bar food is disgusting
Come chat and/or bring your portable game system and play a few rounds of that popular video game with us. You can always come just to say hello, see the carnage, and be witness to the shenanigans.

But I'm poor...! :(
If you can make it, people usually treat others to at least one round. Of course, we aren't going to do this if Rob Ford or something like 50 crazies show up, but anyone who comes for a drink always gets one. You can always join Kraftwerk for some Kraft Water.

I'm busy doing [insert activity here]
If you're busy at home watching tv/movies or playing video games, they aren't going anywhere, and you can play games with us and discuss tv/movies with us. If you're busy doing someone, well...you can finish and then come visit after a shower of course.

I'm tired
Nothing brings out the energy like discussion and body slams.

Why would I want to go meet a bunch of Internet gaming nerds?
lol says the person posting on an Internet gaming forum.

Results of last meet up
ifymxYiVODQZE.gif

I'm seriously considering coming to this meet up.

My final class ends at 6:00pm and it would only take an hour or so by bus to get there from Scarborough.

lol are we really the only two bros on #TeamWarm?

Never been to Victory Cafe before but see it has 3.5 stars on Yelp & medium level of expensiveness. Oh and in KOREATOWN. KOREANS YOU SAY?! Omagaud.

girls_generation_gee_image.gif

Oppo

Uh, so here's the thing, I have a conflict:

The Fancy Video Game Party at the AGO (Hand Eye Society / Wild Rumpus) is that night, at 8pm. And I'm definitely going to that. I've even got a buddy who's driving up from Jersey to go. ;)

Not sure how late I'll be but... probably late. Will check thread though for potential rendezvous opps.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Uh, so here's the thing, I have a conflict:

The Fancy Video Game Party at the AGO (Hand Eye Society / Wild Rumpus) is that night, at 8pm. And I'm definitely going to that. I've even got a buddy who's driving up from Jersey to go. ;)

Not sure how late I'll be but... probably late. Will check thread though for potential rendezvous opps.
Sold out huh
Can't make it dudes, I have a no pants party to attend.
Shower and then cum? Errrr... Come?

Sober

Team Winter all up in this bitch! I will be there, but might leave earlier because I have an early day on Saturday.

Can't make it dudes, I have a no pants party to attend.
Pre-Congrats on the sex! But unless you are planning on going eight rounds or something, you need should just come hang out after you finish! ;D

TEAM WINTER UP THIS BITCH.

I may spoil House of Cards at meetup!
I love you man, but don't you dare spoil House of Cards, I still need to watch season 1!

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Sold out huh

Shower and then cum? Errrr... Come?

Team Winter all up in this bitch! I will be there, but might leave earlier because I have an early day on Saturday.

Pre-Congrats on the sex! But unless you are planning on going eight rounds or something, you need should just come hang out after you finish! ;D

I love you man, but don't you dare spoil House of Cards, I still need to watch season 1!

It's not sex! It's a party where you don't wear pants.

It's annual.

Quadratic

Cool. Good thing it's Friday because I have plans Saturday night.

Kuro, I suggest trying to get a reservation (if possible).

Anyone care to meetup earlier and do some Monster Hunting on 3ds?

Cool. Good thing it's Friday because I have plans Saturday night.

Kuro, I suggest trying to get a reservation (if possible).

Anyone care to meetup earlier and do some Monster Hunting on 3ds?
I have Monster Hunter on the superior handheld PSVita but its called Soul Sacrifice.

#TeamVita #ShotsFired

Finally I know of a meetup that I can join! Thanks Kuro! :D

So count me in! :) I can maybe bring Mario Kart 7 or Pokemon X for a few rounds, but my team's still low level, so I'd be creamed. XD I have Animal Crossing installed also! :D

I've only been to the meetups where it's after a gaming event. I think I'll break that cycle next week.

Also, #TeamStillSleepsWithCoversWhenItsPlusForty

Sober

I've only been to the meetups where it's after a gaming event. I think I'll break that cycle next week.

Also, #TeamStillSleepsWithCoversWhenItsPlusForty
Yes break the cycle, unless you only ever plan to meet your perfect gamer chick one day, this is how you meet new people. We barely talk about games. To clarify, you won't meet female Gafers either, just a bunch of generic Asians.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Yes break the cycle, unless you only ever plan to meet your perfect gamer chick one day, this is how you meet new people. We barely talk about games. To clarify, you won't meet female Gafers either, just a bunch of generic Asians.

But what if I show up? :p

Not sure I can do the 21st but we'll see how it goes.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
She won't even pop in to tell us there truly are women on the Internet before leaving in that same moment.

We are in for some grand disappointment on that front.
Hah! I fully expect to park you back on the wall of shame you snow loving frost bite!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Generic Asians will just depress me.
Telling ya. Best therapy is just to talk about it, hang out with people, and drink a bit.

For a guy like me, I tend to brood and obsess over stuff. So rejection and breaking up hit me pretty hard and I remember finding at least some escape by going out and just getting my mind off of stuff. You'll be so worried about meeting all these winter frost bites that you'll get at least one night of peace.

EDIT:
ibqKs05xvbZZhK.png

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

YOU KNOW WHO GETS DEPRESSED AND MAKES EXCUSES ALL THE TIME?! EUROPEANS AND COMMIES!

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM STALL, WASHIN' MY HANDS, WHEN I SAW THEM RUSSIANS GET IN A BATHROOM STALL. NOW, AS YOU ALL KNOW, RUSSIA'S A FUNNY PLACE AN' THEY DON'T GOT DOORS ON THEIR BATHROOM STALLS 'CAUSE THEY LIKE EMBARRASSIN' THEMSELVES LIKE THAT. ANYWAY, I SAW THEM ALL CROWD INSIDE THAT STALL, NO DOOR, VISORS ON, AN' ALL THEY DID WAS TALK FUNNY AN' CRYING AND DIVING ALL THE OVER THE PLACE; CAUSE THAT'S HOW THEY DO IT OVER THERE IN STALINLAND! ANYHOO, WHAT HAPPENS IS BOBBY ORR HEARS ALL THIS WHINING AND CRYING AND BURSTS INTO THE ROOM AND PUTS A DOOR ON THE STALL TO SHUT THEM UP. I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER BEEN PROUDER TO BE A CANADIAN THAN AT THAT MOMENT!

GOD LOVE YA.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'll be there. If for some reason I'm sick again I'll still show up and cough all over Kuro so I'm not on the Wall of Shame.

Quick

Banned
Telling ya. Best therapy is just to talk about it, hang out with people, and drink a bit.

For a guy like me, I tend to brood and obsess over stuff. So rejection and breaking up hit me pretty hard and I remember finding at least some escape by going out and just getting my mind off of stuff. You'll be so worried about meeting all these winter frost bites that you'll get at least one night of peace.

EDIT:
ibqKs05xvbZZhK.png

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

YOU KNOW WHO GETS DEPRESSED AND MAKES EXCUSES ALL THE TIME?! EUROPEANS AND COMMIES!

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM STALL, WASHIN' MY HANDS, WHEN I SAW THEM RUSSIANS GET IN A BATHROOM STALL. NOW, AS YOU ALL KNOW, RUSSIA'S A FUNNY PLACE AN' THEY DON'T GOT DOORS ON THEIR BATHROOM STALLS 'CAUSE THEY LIKE EMBARRASSIN' THEMSELVES LIKE THAT. ANYWAY, I SAW THEM ALL CROWD INSIDE THAT STALL, NO DOOR, VISORS ON, AN' ALL THEY DID WAS TALK FUNNY AN' CRYING AND DIVING ALL THE OVER THE PLACE; CAUSE THAT'S HOW THEY DO IT OVER THERE IN STALINLAND! ANYHOO, WHAT HAPPENS IS BOBBY ORR HEARS ALL THIS WHINING AND CRYING AND BURSTS INTO THE ROOM AND PUTS A DOOR ON THE STALL TO SHUT THEM UP. I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER BEEN PROUDER TO BE A CANADIAN THAN AT THAT MOMENT!

GOD LOVE YA.

Justin-Long.gif

Why is my name capitalized and why am I not on the top of that #TeamWarm list? I have been the self-appointed leader of this team since day 1. Did you just run a fucking coup on me Kuro? Dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom