• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games [February] Now Voting - Post 808!

Card City Nights
http://store.steampowered.com/app/271820/
ss_533b3241b6fdb6fb85fea97586cb26523e8ba9b4.1920x1080.jpg
ss_f64a398b27bd763d5b7b1f7f5331a7ed3d98a275.1920x1080.jpg

So being a bit of a Ittle Dew fan, I grabbed Card City Nights once it popped up on steam and I can hearty recommend it if you are a card game fan type of person. The game is basically a halfbreed of that game on FF8 and a match 3 puzzler. You and the computer take turns in laying down cards that can link up if they both have arrows pointing at one another. Once you have linked up three or more symbols you can preform an action like an attack with its strength depending on how many symbols you have linked. You win by draining the opponents health to zero or (more fun) by starving them out by directly attacking their cards which disables them and forces them to fill their board with useless cards and when you can lay down a card you lose.

It's a game which is not the most complex of card games but it is nice and snappy to play and the overall package is full of lovely art in both the cards and the surrounding scenes as you wander across this nighttime island city. At less then £2, the entire game is pretty nuts with the sheer variety of different scenes and characters you come across. It feels like a product that costs 4x to 5x it's value at least.

Also you can play as a hipster carrot so what's not to love.

Fans of NaissanceE, Fjords, weird exploration games, check out Xaxi

Xaxi - Free (PC, Mac)
32.png

http://www.noctuelles.net/Xaxi

A virtual memory palace of sorts, designed to teach Aliceffekt's Conlang Traumae, and examine the possibilities of learning and memory in interactive virtual environments.

A Story About My Uncle - 2014 (PC)
astoryaboutmyuncle-1024x492.jpg

http://gonenorthgames.com/games/a-story-about-my-uncle/

A Story About My Uncle is a non-violent First-Person platform adventure game built in the Unreal Engine. It is a story about a boy who searches for his lost uncle and ends up in a world he couldn’t imagine existed.
The movement through the world in A Story About My Uncle is a crucial part of it’s core gameplay – focusing on swinging yourself through caverns with a grappling hook mechanic that gives the player a wonderful sense of speed and freedom. Soar through a game world with a unique art style and a mysterious story unraveling slowly before you.

So not even two months into 2014, I can say that there are already 2 games on my 2014 GOTY list

NaissanceE
For the atmosphere. Few games have compelled to explore me the way that NaissanceE did, and that's due to its atmosphere and sense of place. The utterly alien and otherworldly feel of the environments is incredible and the way it subtly guides you without ever holding your hand is excellent. The checkpoints and the less-than-perfect platforming may lessen the experience in some aspects, but in my opinion, the atmosphere and compelling nature of the world outshines all that

XenoRaptor
Now true, the game isn't even finished yet, and it may not have the depth of a game like Crimsonland, but I believe how fun a game's gameplay is, how enjoyable its mechanics are is paramount, and I can't stop playing XenoRaptor. Its a game I keep returning to, because I find the mechanics and gameplay so enjoyable. It's fast and fluid, with vivid stylishly weapons, and agile responsive controls. Similar to how Teleglitch's distortion effect made your weapons seem like they were tearing apart the environment itself, the small effects - from the screen shake, subtle zoom, recoil, etc. - make every one of XenoRaptor's weapons feel satisfyingly powerful. Evading a swarm of enemies, watching them kill eachother, and then wiping out the stragglers with your lightning shotgun is just awesome.

klinkcow

Neo Member
Just a hair late for Valentine's Day...oops:
artworks-000071141643-e4dmyw-t300x300.jpg

MetaVendetta - Episode 9: My Indie Valentine

Soundcloud
Website
iTunes(it'll take a day or so to update)

track list:
1. Broken Age
2. Titan Souls
3. Master Spy
4. Serena
5. Chrono Trigger

Was featured in the September OP, and mentioned in the August thread

Thank you

Card City Nights

So being a bit of a Ittle Dew fan, I grabbed Card City Nights once it popped up on steam and I can hearty recommend it if you are a card game fan type of person. The game is basically a halfbreed of that game on FF8 and a match 3 puzzler. You and the computer take turns in laying down cards that can link up if they both have arrows pointing at one another. Once you have linked up three or more symbols you can preform an action like an attack with its strength depending on how many symbols you have linked. You win by draining the opponents health to zero or (more fun) by starving them out by directly attacking their cards which disables them and forces them to fill their board with useless cards and when you can lay down a card you lose.

It's a game which is not the most complex of card games but it is nice and snappy to play and the overall package is full of lovely art in both the cards and the surrounding scenes as you wander across this nighttime island city. At less then £2, the entire game is pretty nuts with the sheer variety of different scenes and characters you come across. It feels like a product that costs 4x to 5x it's value at least.

Sounds interesting and the artstyle is charming.

Just a hair late for Valentine's Day...oops:
artworks-000071141643-e4dmyw-t300x300.jpg

MetaVendetta - Episode 9: My Indie Valentine

Soundcloud
Website
iTunes(it'll take a day or so to update)

track list:
1. Broken Age
2. Titan Souls
3. Master Spy
4. Serena
5. Chrono Trigger

Nice, I was waiting patiently for a new episode.

Type:Rider - $3.49, 50%
As a platformer, might not reinvent the wheel, but in terms of atmosphere and art style, it's one of the most original I've had the joy of playing. Traversing these levels crafted from the history of typography is both a visual treat and educational.

Cargo Commander - $1.99, 80%
A fun roguelike action platformer. The way your orientation will change from area to area and the thrill of racing back to your base as the level is torn apart makes the game stand out

SteamWorld Dig - $4.99, 50%

Savant: Ascent - $0.99, 50%
Bought Savant and Steamworld :)

Another local multiplayer game was released to Steam Early Access today. I've really been wanting to play it:

Starwahl - $9.99 (PC, Mac)

http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/...2fb2b8216ee8209262ff.600x338.jpg?t=1392670428

The local multi-player space narwhal fighting game that has rocked the internet is finally ready for its big debut in a fully loaded release!

Flop it out with 2-4 players in a retro, epic narwhal battle in space! The heart-piercing action is furious and unrelenting. STARWHAL will change your life.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/263020

$10 is a bit steep for me though

So Let's Go Camping is coming to Greenlight/Kickstarter in early March

I've mentioned it in a few of the Screenshot Saturday posts. It sounds really cool: a first person roguelike/dungeon crawler where you have to traverse and survive an open wilderness to reach the dungeons. And it has a nice low-poly style

And most interestingly, rather than the usual grim dark tone a lot of roguelikes have, the devs are going for the whimsical approach
One of the goals for developing Let's Go Camping! is to take a sort of light-hearted whimsical approach to all the things. So an un-dead skeleton wizard is just as likely as an angry park ranger chasing you around with a shotgun.

We're currently working out our wants and desires for other weapons and items right now, so I do not want to say yes or no to guns or swords or magic wands, etc at this time

You guys think I should make a thread for Heart & Slash, or would that be too much, since I already made threads for Olympia Rising and Rain World?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You guys think I should make a thread for Heart & Slash, or would that be too much, since I already made threads for Olympia Rising and Rain World?

Its not even remotely as interesting as OR and RW to me, so I'd probably not bother wasting time on creating the thread and updating/pushing it, but thats just me of course.

Its not even remotely as interesting as OR and RW to me, so I'd probably not bother wasting time on creating the thread and updating/pushing it, but thats just me of course.
I've been following it and played the alpha versions that were on TIG, so I probably have more of an interest in the game.

Idk, I've made quite a few Kickstarter threads lately, and one for Nothing To Hide, so one hand, it seems like making another one might be a bit much, but on the other, the game has a lot of potential and the mechanics are already quite solid

rybrad

Card City Nights

Oh man, I spent way, way too much time playing Triple Triad so this has caught my attention. Thanks for the impressions, I think this one might be a purchase for me before the insane March of South Park, Dark Souls and Reaper of Souls kills my indie game time.

I've been following it and played the alpha versions that were on TIG, so I probably have more of an interest in the game.

Idk, I've made quite a few Kickstarter threads lately, and one for Nothing To Hide, so one hand, it seems like making another one might be a bit much, but on the other, the game has a lot of potential and the mechanics are already quite solid
I wonder if a more general Kickstarter thread might make more sense (similar to the Greenlight thread). If you kept the OP updated with interesting current Kickstarters (that you find and others post about) and provided useful information (short description, duration, goal, demo links, etc..) for each it could be quite a valuable resource. You could probably even use the same format that Toma has used for these threads with some modifications.

It would be a bit of work but I know you are passionate about these things so content creation and thread updates wouldn't be an issue like with other threads of the type. At least that way you would have a spot to get out the word on campaigns for people who don't visit this thread but like the idea of Kickstarter. Of course, exceptionally interesting Kickstarters could still use their own thread.

MrKayle

Just discovered Hexcells on Desura

hex3.jpg

A game for those who are into Picross, Minesweeper, etc.

The original and it's sequel, Hexcells Plus, are coming to Steam really soon... like tomorrow. Great, after I just bought the game on Desura.

Note that I read that Hexcells Plus featured forced guessing, which is a pretty big turn-off. Having a lot of fun with the original, it'll last about two hours for $3.

Oh man, I spent way, way too much time playing Triple Triad so this has caught my attention. Thanks for the impressions, I think this one might be a purchase for me before the insane March of South Park, Dark Souls and Reaper of Souls kills my indie game time.

I wonder if a more general Kickstarter thread might make more sense (similar to the Greenlight thread). If you kept the OP updated with interesting current Kickstarters (that you find and others post about) and provided useful information (short description, duration, goal, demo links, etc..) for each it could be quite a valuable resource. You could probably even use the same format that Toma has used for these threads with some modifications.

It would be a bit of work but I know you are passionate about these things so content creation and thread updates wouldn't be an issue like with other threads of the type. At least that way you would have a spot to get out the word on campaigns for people who don't visit this thread but like the idea of Kickstarter. Of course, exceptionally interesting Kickstarters could still use their own thread.
Well there is already a general KS thread and I've been maintaining a 2014 KS schedule on Reddit
Since there's no 2014 KS thread yet, I'm thinking of starting it if no one else does
---

Oh, and Hive Jump is using Sprite Lamp

Are there any other games similar to Ultimate General: Gettysburg?

Deep tactical gameplay, large scale battles with hundreds of soldiers, any time period is cool, not a ground level perspective like Mount & Blade, more overhead birds-eye command of the entire battlefield
(although if you could zoom in for a closer look at the battle, that would be cool)

It can be indie or not, doesn't matter

Noogy

Looking at Witchmarsh, where did the tall lanky pixel style start from?
tumblr_inline_mvbx0dVVs21rn6c88.png

I remember first seeing it in Sword and Sworcery. Love it so much.

Gods Will Be Watching. RIOT. Any more examples?

Actually, look at artwork from Lucasarts' Outlaws, which did a great job with the tall lanky style. Those sprites remind me of that.

http://www.ftlgame.com/?p=647
NEW SYSTEMS & SUBSYSTEMS:
The system limits for each player ship will remain the same, with only 8 systems installed at one time. You will have to prioritize which systems you feel work best for your current strategy, and mixing and matching the new and the old creates a lot of fun combinations. The following are the new systems and subsystems.

CLONE BAY
Previously unannounced, the Clone Bay is an alternative to the Medbay. Whenever a crew member dies, a clone is generated to replace them at the cost of losing some of their skills. Without the Medbay, your crew will not be able to heal in the traditional way, although the Clone Bay will heal all crew slightly every jump. All Type C ships will come installed with a Clone Bay, or you can replace your Medbay from stores for a cost.

The goal of the Clone Bay was to really disrupt the core way you play the game. You’ll be able to send crew off into dangerous situations without fear of death. Giant alien spiders will no longer be the terrifying, unstoppable force that you’re used to, since the system can simply revive your crew after the event. But, if a stray missile takes out the system mid-clone, you’ll find death can still be quite permanent. And you probably shouldn’t let your crew ponder too long on the fate of their previous iterations.

HACKING
Designing hacking for FTL was one of the most challenging aspects of the expansion. We’ve gone through many wildly different iterations, but are exceedingly happy with the final version.
At the cost of a drone part, the system allows you to launch a hacking drone that attaches to a chosen system on the enemy vessel. As a passive effect, that system’s doors will be blocked (delaying enemy crew) and you’ll be granted detailed vision of that system. You’ll also then be able to initiate a hacking pulse which affects each system slightly differently. Some examples:

• Weapons: The current charge status of the weapon will drain, delaying the weapons from firing.
  • Shields: The shields will drain, giving you a brief moment to get your shots in.
  • Drones: All currently active drones will be stunned for the duration of the pulse with a chance of being destroyed.
  • Teleporter: Immediately force enemy boarders to teleport back to their own ship.
  • The different uses against different systems, along with the passive obstruction of doors, opens up a multitude of exciting tactical options.

MIND CONTROL
The Mind Control system temporarily turns a single enemy into an ally. Upgrading the system will increase the duration of the control as well as providing a health and combat boost to your new minion. You’ll be able to make a boarder temporarily man the weapon system, cause in-fighting on the enemy ship, or lock your teleporter onto your new ally to teleport him into an airless room back on your ship. The caveat is that Mind Control requires vision of the crew to activate, and the telepathic Slugs are immune to its ability, making nebulae a dangerous choice for those who rely on it.

BACKUP BATTERY
Tired of not being able to power the entirety of your fully upgraded ship? Find Zoltans unreliable? Need a little extra power boost in Ion Storms? The Backup Battery makes sure you have the power you need… most of the time. When fully upgraded, the Backup Battery can provide 4 extra reactor bars for 30 seconds but it has a 25 second cooldown between uses. In addition, it takes up a new 4th subsystem slot so it does not use any additional room that would be used for other systems.

MISCELLANEOUS ADDITIONS:
Visual Improvements: As we’ve mentioned before, along with the new content we’ll also putting in a host of minor tweaks and improvements to the game. One example would be the new and improved reward boxes, making event outcomes more clear:

Hard Mode: For our more masochistic fans, we’ve also added an additional Hard difficulty to the game. More challenging enemy generation, lower scrap rewards, and other small tweaks should help keep the game interesting for anyone who might be bored of Normal

Note that I read that Hexcells Plus featured forced guessing, which is a pretty big turn-off. Having a lot of fun with the original, it'll last about two hours for $3.

It doesn't, I've finished Hexcells Plus and I've never had to force guess. It is a real step up in difficulty and in the later puzzles you have to employ way more reverse predictive logic then in the first game which can be real tricky but I don't think you have to flat out guess.

Are there any other games similar to Ultimate General: Gettysburg?

Deep tactical gameplay, large scale battles with hundreds of soldiers, any time period is cool, not a ground level perspective like Mount & Blade, more overhead birds-eye command of the entire battlefield
(although if you could zoom in for a closer look at the battle, that would be cool)

It can be indie or not, doesn't matter

Maybe the Total War series, also check the Paradox grand strategy games.

[hype intensifies]

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Playing the Banished Tutorial now, seems to be a winner mechanics wise, but I havent seen yet how the progress works in a normal game and I am a bit concerned it might be a tad too similar for each playthrough and might not offer enough variation to go into a "just try building a different city"-style either.

There is no level-style progression and I am not sure how fun its going to play retrying a new city layout, but I am sure I'll enjoy my first city.

I really wish the game had different challenges, like "not many trees/stones"/"civilians slower because they are sick" or whatever.

daydream

Banned
I said I would give that FTL update a shot, so.. I've kinda started playing FTL again, and.. it kinda started clicking with me? I dunno. I've done some propaedeutic reading this time, I'm playing more skillfully and having better luck more patiently. Definitely interested to see how that update plays out.

Yes, I can't outright admit that I was wrong about FTL, so I'm being deliberately vague.

Toma

I said I would give that FTL update a shot, so.. I've kinda started playing FTL again, and.. it kinda started clicking with me? I dunno. I've done some propaedeutic reading this time, I'm playing more skillfully and having better luck more patiently. Definitely interested to see how that update plays out.

Yes, I can't outright admit that I was wrong about FTL, so I'm being deliberately vague.

Good man. You are on the right path.

Barmaley

Neo Member
Welp, now the humblebundle store switched to the stupid ~1:1 dollar:euro ratio policy. Like the one in place on steam.
I guess no more impulse indie purchases for me.

Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love

I often wonder how indie developers come up with the concepts behind their games. Thomas Was Alone is a game about platforming shapes with a story behind it; Little Inferno is a game about purchasing and then burning items; The Floor is Jelly is a game where the floor is... well, jelly, and there are countless other imaginative concepts out there. Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love is another game that fits into that list of odd and unique indie titles.

An apt way to describe Cube & Star is by calling it the freak love-child of De Blob, Sim City and Noby Noby Boy. You play as a cube that has the ability to color the world and bring life to its grey planet. The Cube is controlled using the arrow keys, while Z, X, C and F use your acquired powers. You gain colors by knocking into plants that cover the land. These plants will either drop a star or a block that is the same color as one of its layers. After gaining the color, you spread that color out to the ground. After a while, your color will drain, leaving you once again in a neutral, colorless state. Like the ground, when you pass near plants they will also change from grey to their own color. This process of coloring plants and gaining their color blocks when you run out of your own is key to painting the game world..
The world of Cube & Star is full of various collectibles. The most important of these collectibles are the 'knowledge totems'. These totems give the player various powers. Three of these powers - Joy, Passion and Logic - give rise to the 'Tiny Things'. The Tiny Things are a small triangular race that have their own human-like society that raises buildings. Depending on the color of the ground, and the order in which you use these three powers, the structures and color of the Tiny Things will vary. Be warned, however; when using the power multiple times in the exact same place the game will become buggy and will slow down considerably. The final power is fire, and as the name implies it allows you to scorch the land, turning it black.
Visually, Cube & Star is simple, with most of the world consisting of basic cubes, triangles and spheres. Only the structures of the Tiny Things and certain wildlife break this simplistic trend. What makes the game come to life are the colors. When you begin your journey everything seems dull and unexciting, but after a while the world becomes quite beautiful, especially at night. The brighter colors of red and teal in particular look beautiful at night because they become neon. It's also clever how, because of the curved surface of the land, trees and structures will pop-up on the horizon like a groundhog coming out of its hole. Finally, although music won't stick with you it perfectly complements the game's setting.
http://www.gamrreview.com/review/91039/cube-amp-star-an-arbitrary-love-pc

For those who enjoy abstract and relaxing games this is for you.

Toma

Welp, now the humblebundle store switched to the stupid ~1:1 dollar:euro ratio policy. Like the one in place on steam.
I guess no more impulse indie purchases for me.

Hm? I bought Banished for 20$ on Humble instead of €.

Acccent

Just a quick reminder that Box Out!, which I've talked about before, is now out on Desura :) I'm not going to oversell it, it's a simple platformer with a fairly simple mechanic (switch 'states' to go through different obstacles or unlock new behaviours etc.) and its main appeal is that it becomes rather hardcore pretty early on, with levels where you have to switch between states several times during a single jump etc.
It's honestly not my type of game, but it's made by friends, so I had to post about it! (and I honestly that it is good in its own genre.)

Barmaley

Neo Member

KrellRell

This is the first I've heard of this and it looks great, especially since I'm doing a lot more couch coop these days. Anyone have any impressions?

You're going to love this game. I have spent many, many hours on the demo. It's a great 4 player couch co op. ANYONE can pick this up and start playing, it's that simple and easy. Don't let the simplicity of it fool you, the gameplay is surprisingly deep. The demo only has a single square level, which kept me entertained for hours, but I know new levels with different shapes is a game changer.

I've been playing A LOT of 4 player couch-co-op/deathmatch and this is one of my favorites.

Toma

Extrasolar's beta is now open, sign up! Or try the quick in-browser demo to see if you'd enjoy it.

I've been having a blast with it these past couple of weeks. There's more content here than I expected, and at the base rate of one photo every 4 hours, it'll take you some time to complete everything.

Really loved the concept, the only issue is the amount of non-tory related stuff to find. You are basically guided everywhere and cant just find a really cool cliff, canyon, waterfall etc. I really wish the actual landscape was more exciting, but maybe they can rectify that with one of the future locations.

You are basically guided everywhere and cant just find a really cool cliff, canyon, waterfall etc. I really wish the actual landscape was more exciting, but maybe they can rectify that with one of the future locations.

I think the landscape is sufficient for our first taste of the planet from this small island, and besides that, it's not really meant to be the star of the show. I'm willing to bet it'll be much more varied as they release more locations. I do agree that they're a bit too forward with guidance information, though!

Despite the small island, I've racked up 4.8 kilometers, 90 successful tags, and have identified 28 unique species with only around 60% of the map uncovered. 25 tasks completed and they just keep coming, though I fear I'm nearing the end. Definitely a case of varied mileage depending on what you want from the experience, but it comes highly recommended from this rover pilot.

Toma

I think the landscape is sufficient for our first taste of the planet from this small island, and besides that, it's not really meant to be the star of the show. I'm willing to bet it'll be much more varied as they release more locations. I do agree that they're a bit too forward with guidance information, though!

Despite the small island, I've racked up 4.8 kilometers, 90 successful tags, and have identified 28 unique species with only around 60% of the map uncovered. 25 tasks completed and they just keep coming, though I fear I'm nearing the end. Definitely a case of varied mileage depending on what you want from the experience, but it comes highly recommended from this rover pilot.

Oh absolutely, I love it. Unique experience that I didnt get anywhere else yet and I totally dont regret paying for it, but I really hope they add some environmental diversity for the next planet.

Nabs

Roundabout got a nice Greenlight boost from posting in the Steam thread. The animated Steam boxart grabbed me the instant I saw it. [Link]

I see that More_Badass posted about it last month, but I still want to post another gif just because.

ibly2YQYTAneHS.gif

Hey, I'm one of the guys behind Roundabout - that spinning limo game that was linked last night.

Our Greenlight vote curve shot through the roof this morning, and it's mainly because of this thread. You guys are rad, and it's super great to read that you guys think it looks great!

If you're coming to PAX East, come and say hi and I'll give you the best hi-five that you have ever experienced.

Roundabout got a nice Greenlight boost from posting in the Steam thread. The animated Steam boxart grabbed me the instant I saw it. [Link]

I see that More_Badass posted about it last month, but I still want to post another gif just because.

ibly2YQYTAneHS.gif
Yeah it's essentially a 70s-infused Kuru Kuru in an open world and with a trick system. Hyped for it

Courtesy of Nerd Monkeys (Hotel Lisbon)
http://www.nerdmonkeys.pt/banana-jam.html
The 2014 Banana Jam
This is a challenge for a few selected IPCA students as their final project. A public poll will decide what batch of game concepts they can use to produce their project. Your submission may reach full production and be published by Nerd Monkeys, earning you a royalty of its sales! The project development will be done live and the viewers can interact with the developers

3493583.png

epmode

Just discovered Hexcells on Desura

hex3.jpg

A game for those who are into Picross, Minesweeper, etc.

The original and it's sequel, Hexcells Plus, are coming to Steam really soon... like tomorrow. Great, after I just bought the game on Desura.

This game is *great*. Needs more puzzles though.

BTW, I haven't noticed any guessing required in Hexcells Plus but I haven't finished it yet. (still needs more puzzles)

Well there is already a general KS thread and I've been maintaining a 2014 KS schedule on Reddit
Since there's no 2014 KS thread yet, I'm thinking of starting it if no one else does
---

Oh, and Hive Jump is using Sprite Lamp

That lighting tool looks great - seems that it has a lot of potential.

Looking at Witchmarsh, where did the tall lanky pixel style start from?
tumblr_inline_mvbx0dVVs21rn6c88.png

I remember first seeing it in Sword and Sworcery. Love it so much.

Gods Will Be Watching. RIOT. Any more examples?

I'm a huge fan of the stylization that Witch Marsh is applying to the long-limbed pixel look. The variation in body mass and the shifts in character and weight give each sprite a strong sense of character.

So not even two months into 2014, I can say that there are already 2 games on my 2014 GOTY list

NaissanceE
For the atmosphere. Few games have compelled to explore me the way that NaissanceE did, and that's due to its atmosphere and sense of place. The utterly alien and otherworldly feel of the environments is incredible and the way it subtly guides you without ever holding your hand is excellent. The checkpoints and the less-than-perfect platforming may lessen the experience in some aspects, but in my opinion, the atmosphere and compelling nature of the world outshines all that.

XenoRaptor
Now true, the game isn't even finished yet, and it may not have the depth of a game like Crimsonland, but I believe how fun a game's gameplay is, how enjoyable its mechanics are is paramount, and I can't stop playing XenoRaptor. Its a game I keep returning to, because I find the mechanics and gameplay so enjoyable. It's fast and fluid, with vivid stylishly weapons, and agile responsive controls. Similar to how Teleglitch's distortion effect made your weapons seem like they were tearing apart the environment itself, the small effects - from the screen shake, subtle zoom, recoil, etc. - make every one of XenoRaptor's weapons feel satisfyingly powerful. Evading a swarm of enemies, watching them kill eachother, and then wiping out the stragglers with your lightning shotgun is just awesome.

Yes yes yes. Will check out Xaxi. I hate that my graphics card doesn't work, so I can't finish some more graphically demanding games right now. Got to fix that over this week.

Top Bottom