• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: Yarning for Yoshi

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Toon Link will mega evolve into Tingle after his KO meter fills up.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Tingle would be a fun addition, but I don't think he will be playable. Here's hoping that his assist trophy has even more forms this time.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
...of course he won't be playable

I hope so. I don't know why but I'm against his inclusion for being playable character but I would be flexible with him if he have very interesting move set. I would guess the reason why I asked is that we have seen a lot of loves for Legend of Zelda from Sakurai this time.

3 Stages, 3 Characters, 3 Items so far, and I'm pretty sure that there are more coming to our way soon.

jph139

Tingle is up near the top of my list - easily one of my most wanted characters. I think he's past his prime, though; around Brawl he was everywhere with his own games and Zelda appearances but now he's sort of fallen into the background.

Still possible, though; one of the more likely Zelda newcomers.

It is amazing how many people the past week I've had to throw on ignore from shit-posting about the daily pics. Get out of here with that, fuck.

Anyway. I feel like the Cucco is going to be a deliciously evil item. So stoked. It looks awesome too!

Tingle is up near the top of my list - easily one of my most wanted characters. I think he's past his prime, though; around Brawl he was everywhere with his own games and Zelda appearances but now he's sort of fallen into the background.

Still possible, though; one of the more likely Zelda newcomers.
Yeah, that's my problem with Tingle too. If he was gonna be made playable, Brawl was the time to do it, but instead he got sidelined as an AT. Unlike say, Little Mac, Tingle hasn't done anything since Brawl to justify the upgrade. He hasn't done anything at all really.

Azure J

Cucco's have potential to generate the most malicious setups ever in Smash and I say this as someone who thought rolling rideable crates were the best thing Brawl introduced to the series as a whole. :lol

rawktapus

Purely anecdotal, but I've only seen him ten or so times. Could just be unlucky, I guess.

Tingle's definitely less frequent than most of the other AT's, but if you wanna talk super rare, I don't think I've ever had Manaphy ever pop out of a pokeball once, in the 5 odd years I've played the game, and my friends and I always have items on.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Anyone else noticed that the background characters have considerable higher polycount now than on older screens?

EDIT: For comparison (look at the ears):

Well it looks like it's Wild World in the background of the second screenshot there, maybe in the spirit of authenticity they load lower-polygonal character models for older games?

Berordn

Tingle's definitely less frequent than most of the other AT's, but if you wanna talk super rare, I don't think I've ever had Manaphy ever pop out of a pokeball once, in the 5 odd years I've played the game, and my friends and I always have items on.

I've actually seen Manaphy twice, so I consider that pretty good.

Well it looks like it's Wild World in the background of the second screenshot there, maybe in the spirit of authenticity they load lower-polygonal character models for older games?

That's actually City Folk's village (you can see the bus stop), but the two are virtually identical that I don't blame you.

Okay guys. I understand threads for characters. I understand threads for new stages although that's a bit iffy. I understand threads for Assist Trophies IF the character in question was a requested fighter.

But when the "new news" is a Cucco and you don't even know what it is, maybe it's time to slow down a second before rushing to make a thread.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
That's actually City Folk's village (you can see the bus stop), but the two are virtually identical that I don't blame you.

Well shif.

Okay guys. I understand threads for characters. I understand threads for new stages although that's a bit iffy. I understand threads for Assist Trophies IF the character in question was a requested fighter.

But when the "new news" is a Cucco and you don't even know what it is, maybe it's time to slow down a second before rushing to make a thread.

Everytime a certain someone eagerly asks OH MAN SHOULD I MAKE THE THREAD after every dumb ol update I :| pretty intensely.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Tingle was so stupidly rare as an assist trophy that this would be an upgrade for him.

He was semi-common for me. I'm sick of him sometime when I really want better assist trophies coming out.

Alright, I will update my rules based on new threads based on your comment.

ps4one

Neo Member
i just saw mega man is in, i'm so happy! sonic returning is good sight to see. namco is making this game so if goku from dbz is in it this will be perfect!

-Horizon-

Cucco replacing toon link. Toon link relegated to item.

That Cucco looks incredibly silly! Not that that's a bad thing. I guess I'm just used to the OoT design where they don't have the funny little red face going on.

I hope you can pick them up and use them to float from a jump ala the Parasol in Melee.

To be fair, Cuccoo is the best item in Smash history.

rawktapus

Everyone's hoping this leads to an announcement of the Ice Climbers and the many improvements they've been given. Today's image is a tease because we know Sakurai is Cucco for Popo buffs.

That Cucco looks incredibly silly! Not that that's a bad thing. I guess I'm just used to the OoT design where they don't have the funny little red face going on.

I hope you can pick them up and use them to float from a jump ala the Parasol in Melee.

I wish they'd bring back the Parasol! I enjoyed the animations for Bowser, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf.

Tyeforce

This screenshots aren't really new. When the site was opened some character profiles didn't have ten screens until they were added some weeks after (I don't remind how many weeks).
That's not entirely true. While some characters were missing photos when the site first went live, those missing photos were added later that day after Wii Fit Trainer's reveal. All of the missing photos had Wii Fit Trainer in them, so they were just holding them back until after she was revealed.

I wish they'd bring back the Parasol. I enjoyed the animations for Bowser, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf.
The Parasol was great, I was pretty bummed when it wasn't in Brawl. I guess they didn't feel like making floating animations for every character?

Brawl ditched a lot of good items, actually. The Red Shell, Parasol, Cloaking Device, Barrel Cannon... such a bummer. I hope they bring at least some of those back for Smash 4 - the Red Shell in particular I have no idea why they cut.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That's not entirely true. While some characters were missing photos when the site first went live, those missing photos were added later that day after Wii Fit Trainer's reveal. All of the missing photos had Wii Fit Trainer in them, so they were just holding them back until after she was revealed.

One Gaffer saw Wii Fit Trainer in Kirby picture before Wii Fit Trainer got announced, so I forget who did.

The Parasol was great, I was pretty bummed when it wasn't in Brawl. I guess they didn't feel like making floating animations for every character?

Brawl ditched a lot of good items, actually. The Red Shell, Parasol, Cloaking Device, Barrel Cannon... such a bummer. I hope they bring at least some of those back for Smash 4 - the Red Shell in particular I have no idea why they cut.

I never cared for the Barrel Cannon or the Flipper so I didn't mind them being cut. Cloaking Device I had mixed feelings about, as I think it was a pretty fun for human matches but from what I remember the CPUs always knew where you were so it was kinda ineffective. It came from Perfect Dark (right?) so maybe that was why it got cut but I'm sure it could be replaced with a similar functioning item.

Parasol and Red Shell were definitely huge question marks, though.

georly

Totally 100% agree. Honestly, I think new characters are the only thing worthy of a new thread. That and maybe major content/feature updates (like if they detail single player or character customization). Also actual trailers (which so far have been characters only).

Berordn

Parasol and Red Shell were definitely huge question marks, though.

If you had to cut some items to make room for others, the Red Shell's a bit redundant and features less interesting but more centralizing player interactions, and just turns into a game of the floor is lava. Kinda fun I guess, but I can see why they'd remove it.

nullset2

I think the addition of the Cucco is an amazing addition to the game regardless of whether it' an AT or an item, and a step in the right direction for the game and the series.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Oh yeah. I was disappointed that Red shell, Cloaking Device and Barrel Cannon are being gone.

Don't forget that they got rid of Flipper as well, and Flipper is confirmed to not be back in SSB4 tho.

Parasol item was sweeet. Red shell was pretty chill but I kinda hated it and it doesn't have a cool face like the hothead. I won't be upset of the cloaking device doesn't come back.

webrunner

Apparently he's a frilled lizard...I blame my lack of sleep for thinking he was a bird lmao

He's actually an Axolotl
mexican-axolotl_780_600x450.jpg

Nezzhil

Oh! That's true. Wow, my memory is bad :(

I have checked the date of that screenshots in my computer, I have then since June 14.

Top Bottom