• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Wow, it's all over. Sayonara updates, and (soon-to-be) goodbye ridculously huge megathread. It was great while it lasted.

AniHawk

And so it finally ends, GAF's biggest thread.

Look again at that thread. That's here. That's home. That's us. In it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader", every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The end of a legend, this was great fun, there were many anger, happiness and sadness during the time here but its comes to an end. SSB4 we are waiting :)

Slavik81

This post is dedicated to the many lurkers this thread must have had.
It was an awesome read to see reactions to all the news. A little surprise and a little humour every day.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Wow, just as I get to the end of this topic, the Yoshi's Island End Credits tune plays on WinAmp. ;_;

Goodbye Dojo, goodbye Sakurai, goodbye thread. It's been a real journey from start to finish. This thread has been its own community, with its strange developments, mutations, farewells and the like. Probably the best way to hype a game up on an international basis, and with 7.5 million viewers at its best week, they must've felt like it was as worthwhile to update as the game itself... which did turn out to be every bit as awesome as we all read about.

(Hey, remember when Sonic was first shown? That was cool.)

Jiggy

Just finished final touchups.
11,879 characters is the size of the closing-post-to-be. Admittedly, only just over 8,600 of those are my own writing, rather than Sakurai quotes--but anyway, hopefully this'll go over well. Going to sleep now. Remember: between 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM today. Be there.

dyls

Is this thread really going to be closed? Shouldn't it just be allowed to die a natural death?

Especially considering Sakurai's comment about possibly updating it again in the future...

In any case, best game website ever. By a country mile. In the most fan service-y game of all time, perhaps the best thing Sakurai and co. did for the fans was give them months of discussion and anticipation for something that, against all odds, actually lived up to the hype.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
dyls said:
Is this thread really going to be closed? Shouldn't it just be allowed to die a natural death?

Especially considering Sakurai's comment about possibly updating it again in the future...

In any case, best game website ever. By a country mile. In the most fan service-y game of all time, perhaps the best thing Sakurai and co. did for the fans was give them months of discussion and anticipation for something that, against all odds, actually lived up to the hype.

Would we even let it die? I'd guess we would just keep bumping it for no reason

Oh man what an adventure we had! I love you all.

Thank you Nintendo, thank you Masahiro Sakurai... without a doubt the most loving game designer around, thank you so much for creating the greatest game of forever!

I really hope to see you all again next time. :)

SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH BROOOOOOOOTHERS!!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I haven't had the net for a few days now...

just wanted to pop in here to say goodbye ;_;

Thank you for the ride sakurai.

Thank you.

grandjedi6

In the town where I was born,
Lived a man who sailed to sea,
And he told us of his life,
In the land of submarines,

So we sailed on to the sun,
Till we found a sea of green,
And we lived beneath the waves,
In our yellow submarine,

DavidDayton said:
We all live in a yellow subroutine...

yellow submarine, yellow submarine,
We all live in a yellow submarine,
yellow submarine, yellow submarine.

And our friends are all aboard,
Many more of them live next door,
And the band begins to play.

We all live a yellow submarine,

As we live a life of ease
Every one of us, has all we need,
Sky of blue and sea of green,
in our yellow submarine.

yellow submarine, yellow submarine

Haunted

Wow, this thread is still going? Seeing how Jiggy has gone absolutely mental in here, maybe my bailing out half way through was for the better. :p

Good job, Brawl team.

sp0rsk said:
It was really fun guys, even the parts where I had to murder several of you multiple times.
:lol

grandjedi6

Jiggy37 3,318
Iam Canadian 1,966
Firestorm 1,512
Zeed 1,494
ShockingAlberto 1,414
SuperAngelo64 1,068
CreatureX3 950
MrCheez 843
Haunted One 819
grandjedi6 779
A Link to the Snitch 725
Keru_Shiri 687
crowphoenix 624
Linkzg 622
Scribble 619
Crushed 570
ant1532 541
Danthrax 529
sp0rsk 488
Insaniac 485
scottnak 447
Holy Order Sol 436
HK-47 435
GamerSoul 423
superbank 411
JohnTinker 387
Linkhero1 380
TreIII 377
NeonZ 376
PkunkFury 371

Haunted

Code:
Who Posted? 

Total Posts: 63,111 

User Name       Posts 
Jiggy37         3,318 
Iam Canadian    1,966 
Firestorm       1,512 
Zeed            1,494 
ShockingAlberto 1,414 
SuperAngelo64   1,068 
CreatureX3        950 
MrCheez           843 
Haunted One       819 
grandjedi6        779

:eek: grandjedi6! brilliant minds etc. :p

Haunted

pulga said:
I've been loving these last couple of days with the spontaneous Beatles sing alongs. :lol
81jcyva.jpg

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Such a sad day... I'll think I'll go look through the Smash Trivia again...

EDIT: "Brawl’s director, Masahiro Sakurai, provided the voice for King Dedede"

WTF, seriously?

Kreed

While not a huge update, the Dojo update today was appropriate and did have a lot of new info (and the possibility for a future announcement). I'm going to miss checking the Dojo site for updates and reading this topic afterwards. Hopefully Sakurai does this again for the next Smash Brothers so we can have another huge/entertaining thread like this one years from now.

Monocle

Goodbye, Dojo thread.

fvzl3s.jpg

Well, I talk about it
Talk about it
Talk about it
Talk about it
Talk about, Talk about
Talk about movin'

Gotta move on
Gotta move on
Gotta move on

Haunted One said:
Code:
Who Posted? 

Total Posts: 63,111 

User Name       Posts 
Jiggy37         3,318 
Iam Canadian    1,966 
Firestorm       1,512 
Zeed            1,494 
ShockingAlberto 1,414 
SuperAngelo64   1,068 
CreatureX3        950 
MrCheez           843 
Haunted One       819 
grandjedi6        779

:eek: grandjedi6! brilliant minds etc. :p
Hah. I probably could have usurped Canadian if I didn't stop posting here after the spoiler thread went up.

Hell of a ride, guys. Let's go out like men - not with tears, but bro-hugs and high-fives-in-to-fist-grabs.

KAMPAI!

hirokazu

I'd like to depart from all these goodbye statements and stats analysis to say:

STILL NO PAL RELEASE DATE.

LOL.

These last few updates have been awesome though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
;-; So this is the end, is it. Well, it was fun while it lasted. Wonder if we will see any site slimier to it in the future though, anther game with daily updates... Maybe for SSB4, they can do it every day of the week :D

andthebeatgoeson

Hey guyz, when is this game coming out? I've never played and was kinda interest3d in playing it. Is it fun? Do people even like this game? I really like Zelda and hope to play as link when I get it. She sure rox! (the 'x' means she roxz hard and if I add a 'z' it means she roxz evn hardcorerer.)

What a fitting final update! Smash Bros. Brawl is filled to the brim with so many cool little touches. Thank you Sakurai and crew for an amazing game! :D

Also this thread was incredible as well. Waiting for the updates to hit was pure insanity. There were so many great moments in this thread. Way too many to list. But here are a few that stick out:

- WastingPenguins having to eat crow over Wario's moveset :lol
- Jiggy's Statsapalooza (pretty much click any page in thread!) :D
- Dojo updates knocking out NeoGAF :lol
- Zeed (Lyn fan extraordinaire) banned during Lyn assist trophy update :lol
- SuperAngelo64 stealth avatar troll :lol

Big thanks to all NeoGAF Dojo members who participated and made this thread so much fun to visit every day and night!! :D

And finally, here are my favorite screenshots from the official site!

Top 5 Official Dojo Screenshots:
various28_080225e-l.jpg

pikmin_080111j-l.jpg

samus_070718b-l.jpg

technique07_071113e-l.jpg

modea15_080317k-l.jpg

Hopefully we can all do it again for Smash Bros. 4! :D

CassSept

And so ends biggest thread in Gaf's history, past, present, and future until SSB4 Dojo. Following all these updates was fun, even through Novembore, especially with megatons like Pokemon Trainer coming out of nowhere in the middle of the week:D
And I still remember when i went in school one day to check the update and saw glorious "Nintendo WiFi Connection" update.
And damn. I have to play some games with Dedede now :D

Bye Dojo ;-;

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Wow, epic thread of forever, here. I've never personally followed a bulletin board thread that reached these heights.

This has almost been like a kind of experiment, between the dojo updates and a single thread of this scale. The sheer amount of discussion that went on, analyzing every detail of the game's development as items were revealed, might honestly make a useful resource.

Ah well.

Viva la Dojo thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom