• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline Gameplay Trailer leaked [Up: 6 month old build]

Calling it now... Somewhere on the map are hidden prompts that spawn

hqdefault.jpg

Lol

Speaking of Payday 2, how is that game? I liked these urban cops and robbers kinds of shooters but I never tried either Payday game.

It's a good game for 20-30€. There's a few "recycled" heists in the game which is kinda cheap but other than that it's entertaining enough to pour maybe ~50hrs into the game if you like it. Don't expect anything subtle though, if you decide to go in loud cops are going to be swarming through, the AI isn't really sophisticated (no advanced tactics like flanking ect.). Some heists can be completed stealthily if you want, however it is really barebones : you can't interact with the environement in any way, stealth is essentially just running around and hoping/waiting for a good guard patrol (patrols are random and you can only kill 4 guards max). I made a post here, not really well written but you get the jist.

If you want to try the game there's going to be a free weekend on Steam starting this thursday or friday, you can try the game then (you can add me if you want to play when it's out, the playerbase can be really obnoxious, most folks are fine though). The game isn't demanding AFAIK.
Oh and if you are considering buying the game on consoles, I'd wait a bit if I were you. Overkill has currently released something like 5-6 DLCs on PC and 3 free heists (third is due to be released tommorow), consoles got only 1 patch (not DLC, patch) and 1 free heist (the smallest) and I'm not even sure it's for both consoles.

Single player looks boring as all hell. I thought it would be something more tactical like being in a SWAT team rather than being a street cop in the middle of a cop drama show. Pass.

Multiplayer looks like a Battlefield 4 mod. It's a shame that players can't make mods for Battlefield 4, because I'm 100% sure they would've made a better game than this.

I'll give it a rent nonetheless.

KaiserBecks

Speaking of Payday 2, how is that game? I liked these urban cops and robbers kinds of shooters but I never tried either Payday game.

It's a lot of fun with friends, it does get repetitive though. It's directed by David Goldfarb (lead designer of BF3 and Bad Company 2), so you know the shooting is fun. You should give it a try next time it's on sale.

"Whaaat is loooove"

"Baby don't huurt me, don't hurt me..."

EmpReb

Banned
Dude, I've played BF4 on PS4. Same, bug ridden shit just like on any other platform.
Um PC has CTE which is quite better than any version of Bf4 . Though I think a patch for the normal game a coming though that will be PC first too.... It pays to play on the platform the game was built for.

Theecliff

Banned
That actually looked quite fun. Excited about being able to use stuff like deployable zip lines and stuff to traverse the maps. That scene with the robbers zip lining across to a nearby roof reminded me a lot of the opening to The Dark Knight.

I'm guessing that because the narrator kept referring to the game as 'Omaha' instead of 'Hardline' that this is quite an old trailer that EA didn't release, or was used internally?

Joco

Not excited by this at all. Perhaps it's the cops and robbers scenario which doesn't interest me much or that I still feel burned by the crapfest called Battlefield 4, but as of right now I'm much more interested in COD: Advanced Warfare.

Edit: Just noticed the "Cash to Spend" on the weapon customization screen. No doubt EA will sell microtransactions ala cash packs or whatever stupid name they'll come up with for it.

Biff

Battlefield has always been a game about war. COD was a game that began in war but devolved into Red vs. Blue arena death matches.

With that said, I'm really not impressed. I don't understand the business decision to make your AAA franchise somehow more similar to your biggest direct competitor. The modes and gadgets look so gimmicky.

I'm reminded of Treyarch getting the shot with COD, and ultimately creating a product that made them look like a younger brother trying to impress their big bro. This feels the same way.

I'm a huge fan of the series, so I really hope I'll be proven wrong.

Bruticuz

Banned
Battlefield has always been a game about war. COD was a game that began in war but devolved into Red vs. Blue arena death matches.

With that said, I'm really not impressed. I don't understand the business decision to make your AAA franchise somehow more similar to your biggest direct competitor. The modes and gadgets look so gimmicky.

I'm reminded of Treyarch getting the shot with COD, and ultimately creating a product that made them look like a younger brother trying to impress their big bro. This feels the same way.

I'm a huge fan of the series, so I really hope I'll be proven wrong.

Didnt treyach eventually bring the better COD ?
So there is still hope.

KaiserBecks

It's a spin off though. There's no point in making it like a regular Battlefield game. And since it has vehicles (and we know they'll work), it's not too similar to CoD. More like something in between.

EGOMON

Not feeling it :/
It just feel and play like BF4/3 and am burned of those games well am going to wait and see more of this

Bruticuz

Banned
It's a spin off though. There's no point in making it like a regular Battlefield game. And since it has vehicles (and we know they'll work), it's not too similar to CoD. More like something in between.

Werent there rumors the new COD would be more open spaces.
If so they may be closer than you think.

Given it seems to be PS4 footage - or at least in part - I wonder does that mean Sony have tied up a marketing deal for this game?

Would be pretty big having the deals for Destiny, AssCreed and now this?

OldRoutes

In this thread, people reacting badly to an internal company video made to promote an in development title.

You know guys, this is why we can't have nice things : that's why companies tend to hold the announcement and make the marketing campaign.

Even if the graphics are final, most of what you've seen is made for people that are aware of the development cycle of a game. Most of you apparently aren't.

I think the game looks great, especially the Single Player part ; if they can keep the charm of Bad Company, it might just be the best of both worlds.

Police Brutality: The Game?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. EA are the publisher who put out Army Of Two: The Devil's Cartel. Still, as a Brit, it always makes me a little uncomfortable to see law enforcement portrayed as some gung-ho wild west shoot out.

jaosobno

Um PC has CTE which is quite better than any version of Bf4 . Though I think a patch for the normal game a coming though that will be PC first too.... It pays to play on the platform the game was built for.

Stop that. BF4 was broken on all platforms. As Adam Orth once "wisely" instructed us:

"Deal with it".

I like the concept. But visually it looks like a last gen game.

I'm interested but it still needs a lot of polish. It looks far from AAA at whatever point that video was taken.

thejazzking

Neo Member
We got a new UI people a NEW MOTHERFUCKING UI. No more Bf3.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHA3SHyCyoI

Also video seem to confirm an economy similar to Black ops 2.
Get money from winning used to unlock guns.

That image (http://i.cubeupload.com/gSOg75.png) is full of place holders. None of those images match up with the text and there are typos!

But also what is interesting is that little green target with a number in. "3-hit kill at close range"?

I quite like the idea of purchasing weapons. I liked it in Black Ops. I'm not a fan of unlocking a new weapon and a load of attachments every couple of rounds. I much preferred the slow drip of unlocks in Bad Company. Also I really don't care for the myriad of scopes and suppressors etc.

This whole mentality of constant tiny rewards to keep people playing needs to die. Does it really work?

Atruvius

That trailer makes to the game look way too close quarter battle oriented, very unbattlefield-like. They should've just made it its own IP.

Cornbread78

Did anyone else notice the guys voice was the guy that does all the Gamestop promo vids for in stores? Was this leaked by a GS exec?

Top Bottom