• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne announced for PS4 [Miyazaki directing, From/Japan Studios] - Spring 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lte7

Neo Member
This sounds amazing. Glad to see them go somewhere different from the Souls mechanic.

No magic is a bit weird in a world with lots of supernatural stuff, but maybe they have stuff like chemistry making bombs or flamethrowers.

In the same post on 2ch that talked about the blood stuff there was also a mention that they are thinking of having throwing tools such as flash grenades and light explosives. Main weapon is going to be a gun but there are also close range weapons that can rival the various guns the game has. Guns will not be very effective on long range so I wouldn't worry about them that much. In fact I do hope long range combat will be more limited as you could cheese so many things with a bow in the previous games. There will also be other weapons with gimmicks such as the transformable saw seen in the trailer. The main character is apparently a Beast Hunter.

Rurunaki

jSqw9Eo.png

uurghhh.

post-25196-BRB-using-imagination-since-no-B9lT.gif

Fog ring really only effects aggro range and isn't going to fool any human opponents unless you're playing the "hide in the shadows until they leave" game. Chameleon serves the same purpose and isn't going to fool NPC enemies. Back stab isn't really a stealth option so much as a "circle strafe until you get an opening" maneuver.

I don't really know what I want when it comes to stealth in the game, but it's not that.

Backstab absolutely can be a stealth move, did you play through Tower of Latria?

Am I the only one getting mad Vampire: The Masquerade vibes from all this talk of blood and an internal conflict between humanity and "the beast"?

Tex117

Banned
Nightmare Creatures 3 with Legacy of Kain Blood Omen?

This sounds like it is going to rock my face off.

Miyzaki, you are one of gamings cherished minds.

FaintDeftone

I don't understand why they do this "behind closed doors" shit. Wouldn't they want us to see the game and get amped up for it? Makes no sense...

VertPin

I don't understand why they do this "behind closed doors" shit. Wouldn't they want us to see the game and get amped up for it? Makes no sense...
Sony gonna Sony.

Anyone wondering if the lighting engine went to this game? Afterall, the game is going to be rendered at 1080p/30fps. There are going to be a ton of effects on screen, I suppose.

See what happens when a game gets leaked?! :p

Imagine we're a disease, and FROM Software is Madagascar.

WE ARE DOOMED

Oooh I see some people saw it. GIVE US THE DEETZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom