• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to Wipeout HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yurinka said:
There are tons of press and game sites in the E3 and nobody asked Sony what happened with Wipeout HD?

People stopped asking because review code went out a week ago, so they are already playing it.

BeeDog

Vinterbird said:
People stopped asking because review code went out a week ago, so they are already playing it.

Since you give an impression that you know stuff, when can we expect the game?

BeeDog said:
Since you give an impression that you know stuff, when can we expect the game?

No idea. I was just told by another journalist that several scandinavian magazines have gotten their Wipeout HD review code.

But since it's magazines that are getting it, it could mean that there might but up to another month or so in waiting time left.

Myzer

I know of at least one magazine that has had a preview version of the game since early April, although it was not the completed game (missing tracks etc.)

Barrett2

Didn't they have a seemingly near-complete version of the game on the 1UP show months ago? I hate it when outlets will get access to what appears to be a finished game, only to have the dev pull it back and continue tinkering with it for another 6-12 months.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I don't see it confirmed anywhere for release today. This was our last great hope, since Siren PSN is next week and Eden the next.

*cries*

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
lawblob said:
Didn't they have a seemingly near-complete version of the game on the 1UP show months ago? I hate it when outlets will get access to what appears to be a finished game, only to have the dev pull it back and continue tinkering with it for another 6-12 months.

On the show they were complaining about the HUD alot, maybe they took the time to fix that, then the trophies came to play. </speculation>

I thought it was all but confirmed for a May release, when May came and went Sony just decided to pretend the game didn't exist

this is THE psn I want, it's bullshit if they delayed this game two months for trophies when it could easily be patched at any time

TONX said:
On the show they were complaining about the HUD alot, maybe they took the time to fix that, then the trophies came to play. </speculation>

Or the online play that no one's played yet.

All of this doesn't however explain why the game's a complete no show for the last two big events.

Could press possibly have an embargo on this game?

GQman2121

Banned
I could have swore someone mentioned that they had review code on their desk just the other day.......

I can't find that post now.

Dali

Opus Angelorum said:
It's possible Sony may want to position Wipeout HD as a retail / PSN title now, in the same vein as Warhawk.
This is the most plausible explanation I've seen so far.

Spinning Plates said:
Perhaps they decided to charge $40 but felt they needed to justify it by adding another 2-4 tracks or something.

I want it but $40 will price it out of my willingness to purchase. Should be $20-$25, IMO.

When it comes to price points, we need more Tekken 5s on PSN and less Warhawks, IMO.

jonabbey

Dr. Zoidberg said:
I want it but $40 will price it out of my willingness to purchase. Should be $20-$25, IMO.

When it comes to price points, we need more Tekken 5s on PSN and less Warhawks, IMO.

Less Warhawks? Oh, no. You need to shut your dirty, dirty mouth.

jonabbey said:
Less Warhawks? Oh, no. You need to shut your dirty, dirty mouth.

When it comes to price points, I said. I'd love to get Warhawk (I enjoyed the beta alright) but not for that price. Make the initial price lower and then release plenty of DLC that I can pick up if I want. That's the better method, IMO.

jonabbey

Dr. Zoidberg said:
When it comes to price points, I said. I'd love to get Warhawk (I enjoyed the beta alright) but not for that price. Make the initial price lower and then release plenty of DLC that I can pick up if I want. That's the better method, IMO.

:D

Warhawk really is awesome, though. Especially with the new 1.4 update. Mmm, mmm, good.

There is a specific technical problem with WipEout that we have to solve. I can't go into details but it is a really, really tricky technical problem that no region has been able to solve at the moment

Very strange wording.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
NinjaFridge said:
What the fuck? How could you develop a game and not notice such a fuck up or what could lead to such a fuck up until now?
Too busy playing Fatal Inertia, I guess.

BeeDog

So the dude that said reviewers got their review copies like last week was full of shit, or?

This piece of news fucking blows.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Opus Angelorum said:
Very strange wording.

I thought so too, I wonder if it was a "fobbing you off" response.

DAVID REEVES, GO TO..

(seriously, they better get this game out the door asap)

Big disappointment. Did they forget to design game preemptively for trophies or what?

Previews didn't mention any major technical problems, did they?

LJ11 said:
The media had preview builds a few months ago, so none of this makes any sense.

None of the preview builds had online enabled. Must be where the issues are.
The preview build also had tearing, but that isn't the type of thing that would delay release for months.

This is pretty crap news. I had this game firmly slotted into my summer gaming schedule.

BeeDog

MirageDwarf said:
Big disappointment. Did they forget to design game preemptively for trophies or what?

Previews didn't mention any major technical problems, did they?

Good guess actually. Who knows, maybe they completely forgot to add the trophy hooks in the game, and coupled with online-mode problems, it has kicked them in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom