• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to Wipeout HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

therapist

StormyTheRabbit said:
It wiped out!

paomms5oemrp98v0gyy1.gif

Lolz.

Im hoping its tomorrow , wikipedia did say july 15th , so if they were any kind of right it'll be tomorrow.

MAKE IT HAPPEN SONY.

When it does finally come out im going to shit my pants , just a little.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Fatal Inertia is doing so well on PSN, Sony doesn't want to steal its fire. Or so the meme goes.

game-boi

Steiner_Zi said:
At this point, I hope the game is delayed in favor of a full-fledged, next-gen sequel disc release.

I approve of this, but I'm still sad that the game wasn't metnioned/seen at all yesterday.

Jaeyden

Tiduz said:
rumor is it has a delay because of trophies support.

I'd love to know just how hard adding trophy support is. I'd also love to know why they launched Trophies with only one game supporting it. It was very exciting for about three days, I want more now....hurry up dev's! The trophy excitement is quickly becoming anti-climactic.

Shearie

NinjaFridge said:
You'd probably be the first person to bitch if it came without Trophies

I have two points I would like to make:

1. You're a fucking dumbass.

2. I never said anything about whether I like trophies or not. What I said was that I don't believe that Wipeout HD was delayed for trophies. Sooooooooooooooo, why did you write that? Oh I know, it must be point number 1!

Eccocid

is it so difficult to tell the reason for delaying to us?
i really wanna know what happened. Someone with connections pls dig this and enlighten us!

Steiner_Zi said:
At this point, I hope the game is delayed in favor of a full-fledged, next-gen sequel disc release.

No!

Release the game now and add tracks and functionality as DLC.
Best of both worlds.

nix_nz

Neo Member
Wait, why isn't everyone talking about this? How can it just have disappeared? Where are our representatives in the gaming press? Shouldn't they be grilling Sony about this right now? Bunch of pussies.

nix_nz said:
Wait, why isn't everyone talking about this? How can it just have disappeared? Where are our representatives in the gaming press? Shouldn't they be grilling Sony about this right now? Bunch of pussies.
Agreed.

I really want this game... :(

Myzer

nix_nz said:

Yep. It's annoying in the extreme.

There has been pretty much nothing said about it in a the past couple of months when there where a bunch of hands on previews.

The indication that I got at that point is that it was REAL close to release, and the complete silence since then is someone agitating.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Shearie said:
I have two points I would like to make:

1. You're a fucking dumbass.

2. I never said anything about whether I like trophies or not. What I said was that I don't believe that Wipeout HD was delayed for trophies. Sooooooooooooooo, why did you write that? Oh I know, it must be point number 1!

You're charming and handsome, aren't you? :lol

duckroll

Bearillusion said:
The mods discovered he was quoting himself from the future.

But then we found out that was affecting the space time continium, so he's been banned to save the universe. :D

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Conspiracy theory time.

Notice how Elefunk wasn't showcased at all during E3 or the sizzle trailers. Because it will be released tomorrow (as confirmed by the PS Blog).

Now, what other game was missing? Eh? EH?

...keep in mind I know absolutely nothing and probably completely wrong. But still...interesting to think about.

Doel

chubigans said:
Conspiracy theory time.

Notice how Elefunk wasn't showcased at all during E3 or the sizzle trailers. Because it will be released tomorrow (as confirmed by the PS Blog).

...keep in mind I know absolutely nothing and probably completely wrong. But still...interesting to think about.
That would be an awesome surprise!

kenta

Has no PEINS
chubigans said:
Conspiracy theory time.

nooo don't do it

spoon!

As long as I can see they've revised the HUD the next time I see it, I'll be happy.

...............please let that be soon ;_;

chubigans said:
Conspiracy theory time.

Damn it chubigans this could mean you have to make out with your mother at the ball.

Please god let this game release today, or at least this summer. Fuck Trophies support, it's supposed to make games more fun, not to delay the fun for months :(. You can always add it later, and yes THAT IS better!!!!

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Shearie said:
Who is this Jim and why should I trust him?

Actually, I don't care. Wipeout HD being delayed for trophies sounds so absurd to me that I REFUSE to believe it's true.

:lol

Doel

kenta said:
why TGS? The Japanese don't have a thing for Wipeout do they? If anything this would be suited for Leipzig
Even if it was going to be at either of those, that is no reason why it would be completely ignored this week by Sony. An old trailer or something for their sizzle mash up video. Just so weird that its missing. Like they made these trailers a couple weeks ago and expected Wipeout HD to be out by now.

nix_nz

Neo Member
Bearillusion said:
He's a crazy thought. Why doesn't someone in the press, you might want to sit down for this, ask a Sony rep?

That's what I said. They're too busy copy/pasting press releases and adding snippy 1 liners at the end.

laserbeam

Banned
Bearillusion said:
He's a crazy thought. Why doesn't someone in the press, you might want to sit down for this, ask a Sony rep?

To be successful in the Gaming Press you have to turn in your testicals before you get your job. Very few have ever reclaimed them and kept their jobs.

Shearie

I should have named this thread:

Wipeout HD: The best piece of vaporware that you will never play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom