• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to Wipeout HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shearie

I guess it could still be shown this week but it's crazy how much this game is getting delayed. I honestly don't think it's even going to come out this summer anymore.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
THIS IS WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW

didn't even show up in sony's psn reel. surely this game is too straightforward to be vaporware

Flo_Evans

Seriously!

I thought this was just going to be a quick port in HD?

edit:

84_designers_republic.jpg

Angryman is... ANGRY!

reminder said:
Delayed because they wanted to add trophies
i guess

It was probably delayed due to the online aspect of it. There was a preview at Play.tm last week and they weren't even allowed to touch the online part of it. So that seems to be the issue holding it back right now.

MadFuzzy

It doesn't look like we'll get it this month if Elefunk is out this week, Siren is out next week and Pixeljunk Eden is out the week after.

We're probably looking at August (in time for Leipzig at the end of the month?) or September now...

dejay

Banned
Sony is just one big cock tease this generation. Everything I bought a PS3 for just seems to get further away. Still, the waiting will be worth it, I'm sure.

Xater

The other question is when will we see Bionic Commando Rearmed. It was announced for this month and they should know by now when it will be released....

Shearie

Well Jim hinted at it....

Who is this Jim and why should I trust him?

Actually, I don't care. Wipeout HD being delayed for trophies sounds so absurd to me that I REFUSE to believe it's true.

reakt

Shearie said:
I guess it could still be shown this week but it's crazy how much this game is getting delayed. I honestly don't think it's even going to come out this summer anymore.

Arrrrgh I know it's annoying there's not only a delay but no information about it! In the meantime there's always the Wipeout ripoff - Fatal Inertia.

Xater

Shearie said:

Actually, I don't care. Wipeout HD being delayed for trophies sounds so absurd to me that I REFUSE to believe it's true.

Jim the Mod here that has inside Sony sources?

Wipeout HD is done apparently, has been for a while, but there's something going on with it.It's coming, but it's weird, the local Sony distributor has zero info on it, besides that it's coming this summer. Of course, the no show at E3 doesn't help.

Bionic Commando Rearmed review code just dropped to my desk so, that' should be out soon.

slider

RiotPelaaja said:
Wipeout HD is done, but there's some uh, issues, with it. It's coming, but it's weird, the local Sony distributor has zero info it outside, it's coming this summer.

Bionic Commando Rearmed review code just dropped to my desk so, that' should be out soon.

Interesting. But annoying. I can't begin to imagine the dev process. Do they have things like a tech spec at start of project?

I suppose you don't know when exactly it's coming?

Nolan.

Xater said:
Jim the Mod here that has inside Sony sources?

Jim also said that most of the Heavenly sword team moved to santa monica. I think that was jim anyway if not sorry if its is still sorry ;-). Anyway I would also like to know whats happening with Wipeout HD.

Nolan. said:
Jim also said that most of the Heavenly sword team moved to santa monica. I think that was jim anyway if not sorry if its is still sorry ;-). Anyway I would also like to know whats happening with Wipeout HD.

Off topics: Hmm...most of the Heavenly Sword team moved into new digs in the UK working on Ninja Theory's next game and I think most of the Sony Cambridge staff who worked on HS is helping out on Killzone 2, though not sure.

Barrett2

All I want to do is give Sony my moneyz in exchange for this game.... the delays this Gen are becoming laughable >_<

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm hoping they're crunching to release it in the next few weeks, hence the no-show. Someone should follow up with a Sony rep on it though.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Nolan. said:

Jim is wrong then. The Heavenly Sword team (NT) is working on a new IP as previously mentioned. The Sony staff that helped out on HS (mainly artists) are working on other projects internally I imagine but are still in the same building.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This is my most anticipated game of the year on PS3 with Motorsports 2 and LBP, I need this game right now.

I was hoping that during the E3 announcement they would show Wipeout HD and say, its available now! The silence around the game is getting a little annoying. Just release it already.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Shearie said:

You'd probably be the first person to bitch if it came without Trophies

Baha

I'll post this here since it's somewhat relevant. Siren's US PSN pricing has been mentioned during a gamespot live demo. Apparently it'll be $14.99 for a pack of 4 episodes or $39.99 for the entire game.

It would be nice as a surprise release tomorrow, wouldn't it? :(
soldat7 said:
I keep watching that trailer over and over again. And I dance to it sometimes. And play Pure. And wait.
What trailer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom