• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Day Before... interested?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
100% the only started dev after first trailer and promises.
This was not delayed.
This was manufactured and the "delayed" so started production

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don’t understand your post.

What?
it was supposed to release last year after presenting good looking (fake) trailers.
It got good reception, so they then decided "let's try to make some game and ride the hype". Then all "delays".
edit: I don't believe it was a real game until just few months ago

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Trending "MOSTLY NEGATIVE" on Steam.

Currently at 444 reviews:

The Day Before offers players a uniquely reimagined journey into post-apocalyptic open-world MMO survival set in the present day on the US East Coast following a deadly pandemic.
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Negative (444)
RELEASE DATE:
Dec 7, 2023
DEVELOPER:
FNTASTIC
PUBLISHER:
Mytona Fntastic
Popular user-defined tags for this product:

Reading through the comment section is more entertainment than a Tom Cruise summer blockbuster.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

What these "devs" did was seem to jam up all the launch servers as almost everyone is complaining they can't get on to actually
play the game. We know Steam is very shitty with keeping actual play time and then it occurred to me that if the
servers were jammed up, people are going to keep trying to connect and run out the actual 2 hour "play time" window
for a refund.

Knew this was a huge scam from the beginning. How anyone could spend $40 or even $5 bucks on this piece of shit game is beyond
my understanding.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Looks pretty fucking boring at this point. Zombie gameplay sucks, bugs everywhere, fake gunshots all over the map (one guy heard them after disconnect from the internet) and alarms all over the place.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This looks like another take on that shitty space-firefighter game that came out a month or two ago.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, watching Lirik play it, and it's clear that they bit off more than they could chew with the original ideas for the game. They delayed, made adjustments because they probably realized they couldn't do what they originally said, and released anyway.

Visually it doesn't look bad, graphics and UI and all look pretty good. But it's just so... barren and empty in so many ways. Some real weird design choices too, like no melee for instance. No melee in a zombie game. I'm guessing after some time they'll make some pretty good improvements, well, hopefully. But expecting people to drop $40 on this is pretty ridiculous when there are games out there that provide the same-ish experience (but much better) and are cheaper and more promising.

I'll be honest though, I'm surprised there's even a functional game here at all.

LordCBH

Watching people play it and this straight up looks like a scam, like this developers previous works. Conceptually I like it. But how you gonna have a zombie extraction shooter WITH NO ZOMBIES?!

nikos

I'll never understand negative reviews left in the first few minutes of a big game's launch over server issues.

It's as if people have never played a multiplayer game before. Stick to single player bullshit.

Haven't bought it yet but it looks pretty solid for Early Access.

LordCBH

There’s nothing to do in this game lol. There’s like 3 zombies on their map, a shit ton of empty buildings, and nothing else. Hell half the buildings you can’t even go into.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I'll never understand negative reviews left in the first few minutes of a big game's launch over server issues.

It's as if people have never played a multiplayer game before. Stick to single player bullshit.

Solid? The game is trash, with or without working servers.

StueyDuck

there should be the day before bingo on how much is missing in the final game as well as all the bugs and technical issues expected at launch.

my guesses:

Tiny map,
very little content,
servers bust day one,
very buggy,
somehow hacking is a thing already,
accounts/saves getting deleted,
So how am I doing with my day 1 bingo list?

Last edited:

TVexperto

just saw a streamer go through the mall from the traiiler...it looks nothing like that and is so badly downgraded

nemiroff

Gold Member
Just watched "doc" playing it, and it was depressing. It's a shit game, end of story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom