• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Metagross Confirmed In Corocoro (Pokemon)

Ezalc

Oh god, dressing up bullshit is back? This is making it feel like those shitty 4th gen contests are back. Please god no.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ha ha I really like Pikachu all dressed up, she looks pretty awesome. Flannery looks hot as usual, then again when is Flannery never hot?

maxcriden

Female Pikachu have a heart shape tails whereas males don't, been that way since gen 4.

Pfft, nice save. This is a remake of gen III game. Obviously just making more heteronormative determinations...judge any women's lives for them today Mr. Joker??? What if someone called you...Ms. Joker?!

Brawly redesign looks awesome.

Flannery still looks the same, which is fine since you don't mess with perfection.

Norman and Sidney look boss. Can't wait to see how old man Drake looks.

Mr-Joker

Banned
What if someone called you...Ms. Joker?!

tumblr_lwc34uXZTD1r4x6r1o1_250.gif

ohlawd

I'm gonna bitch if we can't see Drake's gorgeous bod again.

dude was a fit looking grandpa.

"DON'T WEAR THE JACKET"

It looks like Sidney is rocking a Mega Wristwatch in the scans. If people are right and Phoebe actually is wearing a Mega Anklet underneath the text, it looks like the Hoenn Elite 4 will be utilising Megas.

Toxi

Banned
It looks like Sidney is rocking a Mega Wristwatch in the scans. If people are right and Phoebe actually is wearing a Mega Anklet underneath the text, it looks like the Hoenn Elite 4 will be utilising Megas.
Good news if true.

Although it would be surprising if Sidney had a mega that wasn't Absol.

Mega Metagross has an upside-down Metang magnetically clinging to its underside, that's where the chin spike and hind legs/arms come from. It's a pretty nifty idea since Beldum always retains its former stage(s) in some fashion as it evolves, and now as it Mega evolves as well. Good consistency, Game Freak.

Why is that funny? They take care in trying to carve a balance. Just because some Pokémon are powerful and others are not does not mean there's no balance.

OK let's have Luvdisc and Mega Mewtwo battle and see who wins. I'm sure it'll be close!

Or even Mega Ampharos vs. either Mega Mewtwo.

The very idea of these games being even remotely balanced is a joke.

OK let's have Luvdisc and Mega Mewtwo battle and see who wins. I'm sure it'll be close!

Or even Mega Ampharos vs. either Mega Mewtwo.

The very idea of these games being even remotely balanced is a joke.
Just become some Pokemon are powerful nd others are not doesn't mean there's no balance.

The games are only even remotely balanced in arbitrary, outside, fan-made tiers, most notably Smogon's, and even then not very much. Even amongst Mega Evos you have complete imbalance, ranging from the likes of Mega Gengar and Mega Kanga on one hand to Mega Banette and Mega Amphy on the other.

Allowing multiple Mega Evos on one team won't break the "balance" any more than it already has been when you can have multiple otherwise overpowered mons on the same team. It's just a dumb and arbitrary restriction.

The games are only even remotely balanced in arbitrary, fan-made tiers, most notably Smogon's, and even then not very much. Even amongst Mega Evos you have complete imbalance, ranging from the likes of Mega Gengar and Mega Kanga on one hand to Mega Banette and Mega Amphy on the other.

Allowing multiple Mega Evos on one team won't break the "balance" any more than it already has been when you can have multiple otherwise overpowered mons on the same team. It's just a dumb and arbitrary restriction.

I think you should start looking at the VGCs, you'd be surprised at some of the Pokemon used in top level teams, hell there was even an Audino in one of the top teams at US Nationals this year.

As someone who doesn't play the competitive scene but breeds pokemon that can play competitively, it's very easy to see how the game works in balancing pokemon.

At it's core, pokemon is all about the teambuilding, movesets and itemsets. Stats play a part but it also means very little when you're getting hit by a pokemon that hard counters your pokemon. A Mega Mewtwo can get wrecked by a Butterfree if it has the right item on it.

Quick youtube search. Butterfree sweeping a team with legendaries + mega mewtwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyUZlVD-sko

Oh duh. Took me a while to realized it, each one of the Pikas feature a color that was used for the ribbons for the Contests.

Cute = Pink = IdolChu
Cool = Red = Hard RockChu
Beauty = Blue = MadameChu
Smart = Green = DoctorChu
Tough = Yellow = MaskedChu

Maybe maxing out its contests stats results in it getting a costume somewhere which it can wear in Contests, Battles, Amie, etc?

Speaking of Contests, I'm interested in seeing what they'll do with Feebas. It's evolution method was changed with that new item, but now that contests are back, will they make it only using that item? Or maybe also being able to raises its Contests stats?

Mr-Joker

Banned
Speaking of Contests, I'm interested in seeing what they'll do with Feebas. It's evolution method was changed with that new item, but now that contests are back, will they make it only using that item? Or maybe also being able to raises its Contests stats?

Well considering if you transfer a Feebas maxed out on beauty stats into gen 5 and 6 it will still evolve without the Prism Scale.

So they will probably make it that you can choose either method to evolve your Feebas.

Mr-Joker

Banned
If customisation is out while they keep Pokemon Amie...

Pokémon Amié play a bigger role in the Pokémon games and is required to for Eevee to evolve into Sylveon.

Skipping out Customisation doesn't affect anything in the long run.

I hope we can use those Pikachu in battle, I'd love to run a joke duo of Luchachu and Hawlucha.

Same but with other Pokémon, I wouldn't mind dressing up a Minun.

Top Bottom