• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fragile (Wii) characters and screens!

Somnia said:
Good god...who would have thought that Wii would turn into my fav. system of this gen.? Now don't get me wrong I love my next-gen, but I think a lot of people were right in that it would take a good 1-2 years after Wii was released for the awesome stuff to show up (like the DS...)

It's true.
The Nintendo Wii is very much following the same pattern when it comes to (japanese) third party support as the DS did in it's first few years.

Fragile
Fatal Frame IV
Rune Factory
Wario Shake
Tenchu 4
Sky Crawlers
Little King's Story
MadWorld
Monster Hunter 3
Oboro Muramasa Youtuden (?)
Crystal Bearers (?)
Arc Rise Fantasia
Shiren 3

Enjoy it, it only get's better from here on out.

Vinci

Danish
-WindYoshi- said:
It's true.
The Nintendo Wii is very much following the same pattern when it comes to (japanese) third party support as the DS did in it's first few years.

<snip list>

Don't get overly hyped though. It takes longer to make games for a console than a handheld so the shift to the Wii - if that's indeed what we're seeing - isn't going to be as monumentally noticeable as what happened to the DS.

radcliff

-WindYoshi- said:
It's true.

Fragile
Fatal Frame IV
Rune Factory
Wario Shake
Tenchu 4
Sky Crawlers
Little King's Story
MadWorld
Monster Hunter 3
Crystal Bearers (?)
Arc Rise Fantasia
Shiren 3

No Sonic and the Black Knight, Dead Rising, or the next mainline Tales game which was recently announced for Wii?

jehuty

This game looks great. I'm hoping for some more action/rpg type games. Too bad these games will take awhile to reach NA.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm not too awed by the character designs, but this game looks so good I can't complain. I know this is an empty dream, but I hope it comes out this year in North America. I so want to play it. :(

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
RJT said:
What? For real?

Yes, though no specifics were given at all. I suspect it will be unveiled towards the end of the year like Vesperia was.

RJT

Nice.
Between the recent announcements for Wii and SE announcing Last Remnant PC, it seems like I'll finally enter the world of JRPGs.

Xelinis

antipode said:
Who's the composer? Is it possibly Mitsuda?

Mitsuda brings a very Celtic feeling to most of his works. This doesn't feel anything like him. I can't see this being a Sakuraba piece either, he does a lot of progressive rock type stuff. It also lacks the 'epic' feeling of Sakimoto's work. Truthfully, it sounds a lot like something Miki Higashino would do. Though, the last thing she worked on was Tsukiyo ni Saraba and she's been heartbreakingly quiet since then.

Most likely though, it's from the person who composed for Venus & Braves and Seven. Very serene, and yet, very lonely. I don't have a name though. :(

EDIT: I have the name! (I hope!)

Masako Ogami

Nocebo

-WindYoshi- said:
It's true.

Fragile
Fatal Frame IV
Rune Factory
Wario Shake
Tenchu 4
Sky Crawlers
Little King's Story
MadWorld
Monster Hunter 3
Crystal Bearers (?)
Arc Rise Fantasia
Shiren 3

These games can't come out soon enough! A lot of them will probably be pretty far off tho ;\ Anyone know of a site with reliable release date information for wii titles?

duckroll

I'm not really seeing the "wow" here you know. The lighting is looking worse and worse, which is really worrying. Just compare any of the earlier screens where there's no UI, with any of the newer screens with UI. The art direction is really interesting, but I'm not feeling the game at all honestly. The more I see of it, the less interested I am in it.

gantz85

Banned
Most next-gen games can only beg for this kind of atmosphere:
9tjr6s.jpg

OM NOM NOM for me :D

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I wonder if this game will be ported in occident...

I know you found a new word and you're all excited about it, but please you use that word in every single post. Stop overusing it, it is sort of annoying me.

Gozan

duckroll said:
I'm not really seeing the "wow" here you know. The lighting is looking worse and worse, which is really worrying. Just compare any of the earlier screens where there's no UI, with any of the newer screens with UI. The art direction is really interesting, but I'm not feeling the game at all honestly. The more I see of it, the less interested I am in it.

Pfft, you're just mad because they're mocking you and your claims of vaporware:

2upp6y1.jpg

duckroll said:

Yeah the great lighting is what made the early shots for me. The lack of it in recent screens is worrying.

Caelestis

At first I wasn't noticing the lighting problem, but now it's becoming more evident... Anyhow, I still love new character's designs.

Perdew

duckroll said:

I've been silently following this and I feel the same way. There just doesn't seem to be anything really impressive here, and to me the character designs detract from the atmosphere.

Will buy at $20...

Maybe the earliest shots were bullshots, and maybe the lighting will be restored in time. I still like the atmosphere of the game. It's going to be creepy exploring abandoned modern environments.

The voice cast seems strong. Houko Kuwashima, Chiwa Saito, Ryou Hirohashi... (I'm having trouble with the rest of the name kanji).

CrisKre

This game has the potential to be awesome. If they have a gameplay system that is as refined as the art and athmosphere and with so much attention to detail it may be my most anticipated RPG. And also this NEEDS to come to the US. NEEEEEDS.

Fady K

Damn, im not feeling the games graphics at all. Even for a Wii game. Though the setting is what sold me in this game, if it gets localized that is. It better.

Dolphin

Banned
Wowsers, looks incredible. Just get rid of the stupid enemies and I'll be in heaven. My only reservations about the game stem from this screen:
11.jpg

Top Bottom