• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Guitar Hero World Tour's leaked setlist

No6 said:
Aside from the music mixer (which I consider broken due to the vocals) and instruments (I'll probably buy a GHWT guitar but would prefer to get the cymbal expansion for RB if it translates into a near-identical GHWT setup), what exactly is unique about GHWT? The tracklist, if true, makes it seem like the "band" game will be just a standard progression like in GH3/RB, rather than the BWT mode. The character creator probably won't be significantly different between the two, although I would expect RB2 to be more feature loaded simply due to expanding on RB1.

Oh wait, I forgot boss battles, which by the sounds of it have been changed in GHWT to basically like playing online with people.

There's lots of little things. There are very clear differences in the way songs are charted in GH compared to Rock Band. The timing windows, the way star power works, the kind of songs you get given to play. The style in which you get rankings. When I play Guitar Hero III it feels very different to Rock Band. It's my hope that GH:WT will feel different to Rock Band 2. I'm a fan of the genre rather than just a game, and I like to see unique features. The perfect example is online multiplayer: I want 8 player online in GH:WT. But I want the Daily Challenges in Rock Band. Little things like this add up. And especially with the new guitar I think playing in GH:WT is going to feel different to playing guitar in RB.

Ridley327

perfectchaos007 said:
If nothing else I seriously hope "Beat It" is infact a track.

That track was heavily hinted at in one of the previews it got a month or so ago, so I'd say that's a dead cert.

EDIT: Ah, found it

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=156347&page=3

Eurogamer said:
Artists confirmed so far include Van Halen, Linkin Park and The Eagles. We see others during our demo, but we're not allowed to talk about them. Especially not the really exciting classic track by that massive popstar who had a really high profile court case a few years ago. Move along, nothing to see here.

PacoDG

onemic said:
Wasn't this already obvious with the inclusion of Pink Floyd? That band will NEVER license their songs.

"Time" was used as the main menu music for Destruction Derby 2

(that was not on hand knowledge I have, I was doing some research for something else a couple of months back and found that out.. but that does count as them licensing their songs out ?)

Ridley327

It might just be me, but I have hard time believing that they'd put Angel of Death in this game and expect to get a T-rating. Really, the more I dig deep into the list, the more inconsistencies I see with stuff that's already been said about the who's and what's with some of the bands.

PacoDG said:
"Time" was used as the main menu music for Destruction Derby 2

(that was not on hand knowledge I have, I was doing some research for something else a couple of months back and found that out.. but that does count as them licensing their songs out ?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G004uGeDjFs&feature=related

Ridley327

PacoDG said:
I can't tell if the music or there or not because the guys talking.

Wiki "Time" entry.

Click the entry for the game itself and it makes absolutely no mention of it whatsoever. The music in the clip sounds like fairly generic menu music for that kind of game (OMINOUS SYNTH=EXCITEMENT). I can hear why they'd think it's Time, but it's totally not Time.

GhaleonEB

Undertow Tour:
"Stinkfist" by Tool <--------------------
"Lateralus" by Tool
"Schism" by Tool

oooohhhhhhhh shit.

wenis said:
TOOL equals instant win..it doesnt matter no one has any say in the matter. Tool fans are fucking RABID and anything with tool in it they will buy and last time i checked that a couple millions......RABID folks....Crazy...
*nods*

*adds game to list*

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thank You for the Venom by My Chemical Romance. HOLY SHIT...and before some one does, don't hate on MCR this song is perfect for Guitar Hero

Tashi0106 said:
Thank You for the Venom by My Chemical Romance. HOLY SHIT...and before some one does, don't hate on MCR this song is perfect for Guitar Hero

I think so too. As part of my closet MCR fan-ness I had that and House Of Wolves as a couple of my most wanted. Don't tell anybody.

sneaky77

Tashi0106 said:

I want Vampires Will Never Hurt You and headfirst for halos

edit: welcome to the black parade would be cool in a band game too

BenjaminBirdie said:
Guys it was confirmed fake.

(Also, we need to save The Black Parade for my Fantasy Rock Band DLC Draft.

I AM NOW 120G POWERED BABAY!!!!)

Activision denied it was real, but if it was...they wouldn't exactly come out and say it.

Believe, man.

I don't

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
TheGreatDave said:
Activision denied it was real, but if it was...they wouldn't exactly come out and say it.

Believe, man.

I don't

Naw they would do like Harmonix did and say something about not getting your hopes up for rumors and then a week later dropping the leaked list as truth.

Activision has flat out said that the list is a lie probably running damage control on their real list (maybe).

Sp3eD said:
Naw they would do like Harmonix did and say something about not getting your hopes up for rumors and then a week later dropping the leaked list as truth.

Activision has flat out said that the list is a lie probably running damage control on their real list (maybe).

It's just important that somebody understands that Spirit Of Radio needs to be in a rhythm game. It would be wonderful to live in a world where somebody has decided to make some dreams come true.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Guys it was confirmed fake.

(Also, we need to save The Black Parade for my Fantasy Rock Band DLC Draft.

I AM NOW 120G POWERED BABAY!!!!)

I wonder if anyone is willing to take a ban bet (Im not)

I think:

- Setlist structure being very different to the other games
- Having some RB2 repeats
- Some semi confirmed songs (see Micheal Jackson)

Confirms its 95% true.

BigDug13

I was going to buy this anyway since I have a 360 and we're getting hooked up with rock band instruments on GH:WT, but this setlist looks pretty damn good.

jamesinclair said:
I wonder if anyone is willing to take a ban bet (Im not)

I think:

- Setlist structure being very different to the other games
- Having some RB2 repeats
- Some semi confirmed songs (see Micheal Jackson)

Confirms its 95% true.

I'll take a tag bet that it's fake. If it isn't, I shall take the tag OWNED BY THE JAMESINCLAIR. If it is, you shall be branded OWNED BY THE GREAT DAVE. It's time to draw the digital line.

TheGreatDave said:
I'll take a tag bet that it's fake. If it isn't, I shall take the tag OWNED BY THE JAMESINCLAIR. If it is, you shall be branded OWNED BY THE GREAT DAVE. It's time to draw the digital line.

I wouldnt mind a tag bet, if the mods wouldnt mind.

But again, just to confirm: I'm saying its 95% correct. I fully expect last-minute changes ("I Want Candy" style)

The only awesome stuff is the Tool songs. The rest I don't care about, so I can't warrant buying it. Looks like I'm only going to be playing it at my friend's house.

jamesinclair said:

But again, just to confirm: I'm saying its 95% correct. I fully expect last-minute changes ("I Want Candy" style)

I don't think its worth a real bet. But I'm pretty sure its around 27.6% correct. Scientifically.

Grecco

jamesinclair said:

Hopefully they remove the played out Paradise city and give us Estranged or November Rain the two songs i want the most from GNR

DuckRacer

The thing that tips me off is the fact that Black Tide, a new band who only recently released their first album (and is not major to begin with) is in the same tier as Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. How and why are they there and not a bonus song, if anything?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Damn, I hope this is the real set list. I love it.

~Dac

Ridley327 said:
Click the entry for the game itself and it makes absolutely no mention of it whatsoever. The music in the clip sounds like fairly generic menu music for that kind of game (OMINOUS SYNTH=EXCITEMENT). I can hear why they'd think it's Time, but it's totally not Time.
You know what also sounds like Breathe (and therefore the last part of Time)? The item view music in the Collection area of Gitaroo-Man.

Anyway, I can't imagine Waters or Gilmour (who has to sign off for ...Numb?) licensing their songs for video games.

Another rumored set list posted by dork in the Rock Band 2 speculation thread:

dork said:
Antisocial - Trust
Aggro - The Enemy
About a Girl - Nirvana
Assassin - Muse
American Woman - The Guess Who
Band on the run - The Wings
Beat it - Micheal Jackson
B.Y.O.B - S.O.A.D
On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
The Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix
Purple Haze - Jimi hendrix
Vicarious - Tool
Schism - Tool
Parabola - Tool
Stranglehold - Ted Nuget
Stillborn - Black Label Society
Mr Crowley - Ozzy Osbrone
Crazy train - Ozzy Osborne
Misery Business - Paramore
One Armed Scissors - At the Drive-In
Love Spreads - Stone Roses
Vinternoll2
Dammit - Blink 182
Hollywood Nights - Bob Seger
Monsoon - Tokio Hotel
L'via La(something) Mars Volta
La Bamba - Los Lobos
Hot for Teacher - Van Halen
Satch Boogie - Joe Santani
Rooftops
The Kill - 30 seconds to mars
Heartbreaker - Pat benetar
The Joker - Steve Miller Band
Demolition Man - Sting
Spiderwebs - No Doubt
Shiver - Coldplay
Santeria - Sublime
Love Me Two Times - The Doors
Nuevola e Levenio
Too Much Too Young Too Fast
Good God - Anouk
Toy Boy
Do it Again - Steely Dan
Hotel California - the Eagles
Hey Man Nice Shot - Filter
Allman Brothers Ramblin' Man 1970s
Avenged Sevenfold Scream Aim Fire
Beastie Boys No sleep till brooklyn
Billy Idol Rebel Yell 1980s
Blondie One Way or Another 1970s
Bon Jovi Livin' on a Prayer 1980s
Dinosaur Jr. Feel the Pain 1990s
Korn - Freak on a Leash
Dream Theater Pull me under
Fleetwood Mac Go Your Own Way 1970s
Foo Fighters Everlong 1990s
Interpol Obsticle 1
Jane's Addiction Mountain Song 1980s
Jimmy Eat World The Middle 2000s
Lynard Skynard Sweet Home alabama
Lacuna Coil Our Truth 2000s
Linkin Park One Step Closer 2000s
Metallica Trapped under Ice 1980s
Modest Mouse Float On 2000s
Motorhead Overkill 1980s
Rise Against Re-education through labor
Silversun Pickups Lazy Eye 2000s
Smashing Pumpkins Today 1990s
Survivor Eye of the Tiger 1980s
Soul Doubt - NOFX
Never Too Late - The Answer
Up Around the Bend -CCR
The One I Love - REM
Some Might Say - Oasis
Weapon of Choice
Pretty Vacant - Sex Pistols
Prisoner of Society
Hail to the Freaks
Escula de Calor(or something)
Kick out the Jams
Beautiful Disaster - 311
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12210408&postcount=1836

That wouldn't do much for me. So lets hope it's untrue.

Two games having One Step Closer in would probably make me kill myself. There's a lot of cross over actually. FUCK Living on a Prayer.

*edit* Jesus fucking Christ, 30 Seconds To Mars? FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKk

dork

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
That wouldn't do much for me. So lets hope it's untrue.

Two games having One Step Closer in would probably make me kill myself.
try having to put the game in an interactive at work..

people do nothing but play the same song over and over

If i ever hear cherry pie again, i'll kill someone

Christine

Battersea Power Station said:
Anyway, I can't imagine Waters or Gilmour (who has to sign off for ...Numb?) licensing their songs for video games.

Both, unless I'm mistaken. Gilmour wrote the solo and has a songwriting credit on Numb.

DGRP

TheGreatDave said:
To be honest I've got a feeling it's real. It matches up with something I heard on the GRAPEVINE.

Me too, sadly.

Here's a reminder.
Bold: Confirmed, Underlined: Leaked

Allman Brothers
The Answer
At the Drive-In
Beastie Boys - "No Sleep Till Brooklyn"
Billy Idol - "Rebel Yell"
Bon Jovi
Boston
Blind Melon
Blink-182
CCR
Coldplay
Def Leppard
The Doors
Dream Theater
The Eagles
Fleetwood Mac
Foo Fighters - "Everlong"
Foreigner
Interpol
Jane's Addiction
Jimi Hendrix - Disc: "The Wind Cries Mary" "Purple Haze (Live)"/ DLC: "Little Wing" "Foxy Lady"
Jimmy Eat World
Korn
Lenny Kravitz - "Are You Gonna Go My Way?"
Linkin Park
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Metallica - "Death Magnetic Album"
Michael Jackson
Modest Mouse
Muse
Nirvana
No Doubt
Oasis