• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Guitar Hero World Tour's leaked setlist

dork

Banned
Grecco said:
That list has no GNR and no Aerosmith so i have to say fake for now

the person i got it from admitted he is 3-4 songs short.

also now that i'm in the right thread

he said the ps2 version is better than the wii one as of now, but both are a long ways off

DuckRacer

If that list is real, how disappointing. I mean, I'm glad there's Hotel California, but there's no Megadeth or Iron Maiden. And there's some really terrible bands in there. And there's a lot of overlap.

So again, I hope it's fake.

I'll have to listen to the tracklist; there's a lot of songs I don't even know. But I'm not excited for it like I was the previous one. Nothing like Spirit of Radio :(

Like I've said before though, what matters is how fun the songs are to play, and I'll hold out hope.

Assassin should be pretty fun to play though. Very fun, actually. Fucking amazing, actually.

The game still seems as guitar focused as it ever was, which is a good thing.

Wait, Antisocial is already in GH:3 as downloadable content. What's up with that?

DOUBTS CAST. THAT OR BC DLC. BUT MAINLY DOUBTS.

At least there's a Nirvana song I actually kinda like in the list. As far as Nirvana stuff goes Like A Girl is pretty good for the game.

sneaky77

TheGreatDave said:
Wait, Antisocial is already in GH:3 as downloadable content. What's up with that?

DOUBTS CAST. THAT OR BC DLC. BUT MAINLY DOUBTS.

At least there's a Nirvana song I actually kinda like in the list. As far as Nirvana stuff goes Like A Girl is pretty good for the game.

isnt the no doubt song also in dlc?

edit: linking park has much better songs to pick from, specially from their last cd as far as guitar and vocals and drums go.

The DS game has tons of repeat songs. I dunno, having GH:3 DLC in the game seems kinda...stupid. I mean, I've bought that song. It's like you're selling me it again.

Grecco

dork said:
the person i got it from admitted he is 3-4 songs short.

also now that i'm in the right thread

he said the ps2 version is better than the wii one as of now, but both are a long ways off

The PS2 Version is better?

and the format on that list is somewhat suspect, like copy pasted some songs from the old list and edited others

and Trapped Under ice is such a bad choice for the Metallica song.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That new (hopefully fake) setlist has a disturbing lack of REO Speedwagon.

Wired All Wrong said:
It's fun on the drums and so is Attack.

But...but...

30_seconds_to_mars.jpg

Fun drums doesn't make up for that.

justchris

dork said:
try having to put the game in an interactive at work..

people do nothing but play the same song over and over

If i ever hear cherry pie again, i'll kill someone

Most godawful song ever. I beat it once each on easy, medium, hard and expert. Once I did, I had a fucking celebration that I would never have to hear it ever again.

Anyway, this list doesn't look exceptionally more believable than the first, so I'll just hope there's something even better coming.

It's more believable because it doesn't have any songs I really want. These games never do. Spirit of Radio was the hint it was fake last time.

Burger said:

COMFORTABLY NUMB?!?!?!?!

COMFORTABLY NUMB?!?!?!?!

COMFORTABLY NUMB!!!!!!!

Completely and 100% sold, on that one song. Alone.

Ditto, but that one song makes me really skeptical of this list being true. Also, guitar battle vs. Sting? Andy Summers played guitar (and keyboard) in The Police. I guess Sting is a good guitar player too, but give credit where it's due.

DuckRacer

...Aand here's the list pointing out the overlap. Bold = released as DLC or in RB2, underlined = rumored to be RB DLC.
Antisocial - Trust
Aggro - The Enemy
About a Girl - Nirvana
Assassin - Muse
American Woman - The Guess Who
Band on the run - The Wings
Beat it - Micheal Jackson
B.Y.O.B - S.O.A.D
On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
The Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix
Purple Haze - Jimi hendrix
Vicarious - Tool
Schism - Tool
Parabola - Tool
Stranglehold - Ted Nuget
Stillborn - Black Label Society
Mr Crowley - Ozzy Osbrone
Crazy train - Ozzy Osborne
Misery Business - Paramore
One Armed Scissors - At the Drive-In
Love Spreads - Stone Roses
Vinternoll2
Dammit - Blink 182
Hollywood Nights - Bob Seger
Monsoon - Tokio Hotel
L'via La(something) Mars Volta
La Bamba - Los Lobos
Hot for Teacher - Van Halen
Satch Boogie - Joe Santani
Rooftops
The Kill - 30 seconds to mars
Heartbreaker - Pat benetar
The Joker - Steve Miller Band
Demolition Man - Sting
Spiderwebs - No Doubt
Shiver - Coldplay
Santeria - Sublime
Love Me Two Times - The Doors
Nuevola e Levenio
Too Much Too Young Too Fast
Good God - Anouk
Toy Boy
Do it Again - Steely Dan
Hotel California - the Eagles
Hey Man Nice Shot - Filter
Allman Brothers Ramblin' Man 1970s
Avenged Sevenfold Scream Aim Fire
Beastie Boys No sleep till brooklyn
Billy Idol Rebel Yell 1980s
Blondie One Way or Another 1970s
Bon Jovi Livin' on a Prayer 1980s
Dinosaur Jr. Feel the Pain 1990s

Korn - Freak on a Leash
Dream Theater Pull me under
Fleetwood Mac Go Your Own Way 1970s
Foo Fighters Everlong 1990s

Interpol Obsticle 1
Jane's Addiction Mountain Song 1980s
Jimmy Eat World The Middle 2000s

Lynard Skynard Sweet Home alabama
Lacuna Coil Our Truth 2000s
Linkin Park One Step Closer 2000s

Metallica Trapped under Ice 1980s
Modest Mouse Float On 2000s
Motorhead Overkill 1980s
Rise Against Re-education through labor
Silversun Pickups Lazy Eye 2000s
Smashing Pumpkins Today 1990s
Survivor Eye of the Tiger 1980s

Soul Doubt - NOFX
Never Too Late - The Answer
Up Around the Bend -CCR
The One I Love - REM
Some Might Say - Oasis
Weapon of Choice
Pretty Vacant - Sex Pistols
Prisoner of Society
Hail to the Freaks
Escula de Calor(or something)
Kick out the Jams
Beautiful Disaster - 311
/stir

Ridley327

The supposed song by The Mars Volta is entitled L'Via L'Viaquez, which would be a strange choice for a song by TMV. Not that it doesn't have complex parts in it, but they'd have to do a lot of editing to chop it down to the parts that don't sound like long bong hits. It's pretty damn unwieldy at over 12 minutes long, especially with the last 2 minutes barely counting as music.

A more realistic list, if suffering too much from the Rock Band 2 overlap. Bob Seger would be an interesting score for GH4, though; he's been against licensing songs out to anything for a while and rejoiced when Ford's deal on Like a Rock ran out a few years ago. Also, why did they have to pick the other crappy song from Ride the Lightning; is it so hard to get Creeping Death?

Ridley327 said:
The supposed song by The Mars Volta is entitled L'Via L'Viaquez, which would be a strange choice for a song by TMV. Not that it doesn't have complex parts in it, but they'd have to do a lot of editing to chop it down to the parts that don't sound like long bong hits. It's pretty damn unwieldy at over 12 minutes long, especially with the last 2 minutes barely counting as music.

Hmm. That does cast some doubts. Hooray!

Crateman

So if this list was to be real...

"Clavado en un Bar" by Maná
Ok... this is a really, really, really interesting choice for me. I'm Mexican and having a local band -from Guadalajara- is too fucking cool. Actually I'm not a fan of the band, but having a quintessential party song in GHWT cannot be described by words. I hope this track is not fake.Youtube link for anyone interested. The song could be really fun to play in drums.

"Misery Business" by Paramore

34ff8ut.jpg

'Nuff said.

"Light My Fire" by The Doors

As a Doors fan, this is really cool.

"Here to Stay" by KoRn
Not a KoRn fan, but I know this song will be a blast to play.

"The Spirit of Radio" by Rush
Rush is fucking awesome. That's the end.

"Master of Puppets" by Metallica

Same as KoRn

"Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd
29xc07m.jpg

...but we know it's not going to happen...

Fury of the Storm" by Dragonforce
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

sneaky77 said:
yes, because someone "working at the game" willing to get fired doesn't? :D

Well yeah. But that sort of thing does happen, so I'm willing to entertain this list.

Like I said, if I hate it it's more likely to be true. Oh, if only I could pick the songs. I'd be so happy.

It's GH related; Neversoft have put up pictures of Pandora, Clive Wilson and Eddie Knox at their blog

I'm sure Pandora's tits not being the focus of the photo will please the people who are oh so offended by Judy Nails' boob wobbles.

Schattenjagger said:
im sorry but i sincerely doubt Tool will ever be in a music game

Tool are the band on this list you can almost bank on for sure.

IN OTHER NEWS: Logitech are bringing PREMIUM plastic instruments to Guitar Hero! PREMIUM! No one else does tha....oh wait.

SANTA MONICA, Calif. and FREMONT, Calif., July 31, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVID) and Logitech International (SWX: LOGN) (Nasdaq: LOGI) today announced a collaboration to develop and market premium instrument controllers for Guitar Hero(R) World Tour, the latest installment of the world's best-selling music-based video game franchise, which ships this fall for the Xbox 360(TM) video game system from Microsoft, PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system and Nintendo Wii(TM).

Logitech plans to offer premium instruments for each of these platforms, the first of which will be available later this year. Logitech's products will be compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour's advanced feature set, allowing players to elevate their Guitar Hero(R) jam sessions to full-fledged rock concerts.

"Logitech is the leading producer of peripheral devices and the company is widely considered to be the gold standard for innovation and quality peripheral products," said Charles Huang, vice president business development for RedOctane. "With Logitech, we know we have found the right partner who can deliver top-quality premium hardware that consumers have come to expect from Guitar Hero."

"As huge fans of Guitar Hero(R), we are very excited about the opportunity to bring the Logitech experience to the Guitar Hero franchise," said Bruce Lancaster, vice president and general manager of Logitech's gaming business. "A few years ago, Logitech refined the consumer steering wheel market with high-end controllers that enhance racing games. Now we are looking forward to elevating the market for premium music-based video game controllers in a similar fashion."

Edag Plata said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTO2OdV2ZQY

I looked up Fury of the Storm because I hadn't heard it before, and just happened to see this while it was playing. Do yourself a favor an click that link then look at this.

1195aon.gif

Awesome song ever since I found out about it through YTMND. That actually got me to buy this album and go see them live. Through the Fire and Flames came afterwards. This would kill me in GH. But I'd die laughing.

Second fake list has me more excited than the first, but it still seems like bullshit. "Demolition Man" by Sting? Sorry, that was a Police song, not Sting solo. And guitar battle vs. Sting? As others said, he played bass. Now if it was a bass battle, that would be different. And with the video of Stewart Copeland, where is the drum battle vs. Stewart? Huh?

Cmon, release the final list already. Harmonix showed us everything at once, and there was much rejoicing.

Holy shit dave, didnt notice the new avatar was you. I just kept seeing the guitar playing old man a lot, and noticing the lack of the annoying flashing Agent Cooper in Rock Band and GH threads before I looked at the name attached. Love the new avatar. Funny, and not as distracting and annoying.(Sorry, the flashing on cooper is annoying.)

PhoncipleBone said:
Holy shit dave, didnt notice the new avatar was you. I just kept seeing the guitar playing old man a lot, and noticing the lack of the annoying flashing Agent Cooper in Rock Band and GH threads before I looked at the name attached. Love the new avatar. Funny, and not as distracting and annoying.(Sorry, the flashing on cooper is annoying.)

Cooper will be back soon. Sorry, but I'm emotionally attached to it. Plus I LOVE how it loops, unlike this shitty one I've got. Stupid background. If the camera had just stayed still I may have used it for good. Ahh well.

Am I the only one interested in these so called "premium instruments"? I was tempted by that stupid expensive Rock Band guitar, but if I can get something like that with the guts of a good plastic guitar then I may have to pay silly money for one.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
TheGreatDave said:
Spirit of Radio was the hint it was fake last time.
No, the song that made the last list scream, "FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!" was Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden.

Schattenjagger said:
im sorry but i sincerely doubt Tool will ever be in a music game

Not only is it almost 100% confirmed, but two years ago they were practically begging to be in GH2.

Belgand

TheGreatDave said:
It's GH related; Neversoft have put up pictures of Pandora, Clive Wilson and Eddie Knox at their blog

I'm sure Pandora's tits not being the focus of the photo will please the people who are oh so offended by Judy Nails' boob wobbles.

Glad to have them back as I liked them all a lot better than most of the characters they used/abused in GH3. At the same time they definitely added their own "cool"/agressive look to all of them. I sometimes wonder whether the employees of Neversoft are all perpetually 14 year-old boys.

Top Bottom