• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Guitar Hero World Tour's leaked setlist

Belgand said:
Glad to have them back as I liked them all a lot better than most of the characters they used/abused in GH3. At the same time they definitely added their own "cool"/agressive look to all of them. I sometimes wonder whether the employees of Neversoft are all perpetually 14 year-old boys.

I guess they know their audience...

ElNarez

Banned
Oh my god. What have they done to my sweet Pandora ? Why does she looks like she wants to slit her wrists with her guitar strings ? Why ? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ?

Oh, and Clive Winston ? Hot with multiple t's as always.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'd really hate if the Tool in the game was post Aenima. I guarantee the people who aren't all ready Tool fans would skip a 12 minute prog rock song in 7/4 after playing it once, but something more commercial like Prison Sex, Sober, Eulogy, Stinkfist, H, or whatever could make them a fan.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
TAJ said:
Not only is it almost 100% confirmed, but two years ago they were practically begging to be in GH2.

It's not almost 100% confirmed, it's clearly still a rumor. Tool doesn't have any music up on any internet music store because they don't want people picking and choosing songs from each album, they want the album to be experienced as a whole. If they ever do release songs in a music game I would expect a full album.

vg260

Belgand said:
Glad to have them back as I liked them all a lot better than most of the characters they used/abused in GH3. At the same time they definitely added their own "cool"/agressive look to all of them. I sometimes wonder whether the employees of Neversoft are all perpetually 14 year-old boys.

These look more realistic, which is much better in my book.

Hopefully the did tone down the characters they destroyed in GH3. I hated all of their design choices in GH3, but the updated character models were particularly embarrassing.

Struct09

duderon said:
It's not almost 100% confirmed, it's clearly still a rumor. Tool doesn't have any music up on any internet music store because they don't want people picking and choosing songs from each album, they want the album to be experienced as a whole. If they ever do release songs in a music game I would expect a full album.

Well, they do put singles on the radio. So in the same sense they'd have a say of what songs show up on the disc. I'm not a huge fan of Tool, just saying.

Roarer

dave is ok said:
I'd really hate if the Tool in the game was post Aenima. I guarantee the people who aren't all ready Tool fans would skip a 12 minute prog rock song in 7/4 after playing it once, but something more commercial like Prison Sex, Sober, Eulogy, Stinkfist, H, or whatever could make them a fan.

I'd say that The Pot and Schism are Tool's most commercially viable songs, and they're both post-Ænima.

As for the possibility of having any Tool songs in GH/RB, the band's lawyer allegedly more or less confirmed it on his blog (though the information has since been removed. Link

dork

Banned
I'm leaning towards me being 99% right :)

He said the track creator is really really hard. But you do get an achievement for creating a song and playing it :)

Cahill

Banned
Duck said:
If that list is real, how disappointing. I mean, I'm glad there's Hotel California, but there's no Megadeth or Iron Maiden. And there's some really terrible bands in there. And there's a lot of overlap.

So again, I hope it's fake.

Agreed. That new list kinda sucks. The first had me going WOW! WOW! WOW!... this one was just full of WTF? Megadeth and Maiden being gone and Master not being the Metallica song don'tn help. Bunch of stuff I was hoping was true are flat-out gone in this one as well.

Not that anyone seems to care anymore on here but Metallica's Death Magnetic has a release date set for September 12 worldwide so the DLC for GH3 and World Tour(is it released in September?) should be coming out then. At least they'll have one sold...

I really, really hope they don't try selling a GH:3 version and a different, GH:WT version.

That would be about as low as it can get.

MotorbreathX said:
I thought they already mentioned that it was DLC for both games? I'm pretty sure they did in the press conference.

They said it was DLC for both games, but nothing like "If you buy it for GH:3, you're downloading a full band version that will also work in GH:WT". If they sell a version of it that doesn't support GH:WT I shall be pissed.

Struct09

MotorbreathX said:
Not that anyone seems to care anymore on here but Metallica's Death Magnetic has a release date set for September 12 worldwide so the DLC for GH3 and World Tour(is it released in September?) should be coming out then. At least they'll have one sold...

World Tour won't be out by 9/12, so I would imagine it will be DLC at launch. God I want that album to be good.

And yeah, they did say it will be DLC for both GH3 and GHWT. I don't see the problem with that. If you want to buy it for GHWT, then just wait for that game to come out. It gives GH3 owners who have no intent on buying GHWT a chance to buy the album too.

TheGreatDave said:
They said it was DLC for both games, but nothing like "If you buy it for GH:3, you're downloading a full band version that will also work in GH:WT". If they sell a version of it that doesn't support GH:WT I shall be pissed.

I think you may be pissed. With Activision's record I doubt they will make it compatible. I'll probably be a sucker and buy it for both though...

DGRP

dork said:
if anyone has a legit question about the game, ask me and ill forward it on and report back

Are they gonna chart both Rhythm and Bass for songs what has both?

Also can you play as 3 guitarists (Lead, Rhythm/Melody and Bass) at the same time? I probably know the answer but it won't hurt to ask.

Mohonky

Awesome set list.

Won't need the drums for this will you? I just plan on buying the individual software as I already have 2 Guitars and maybe one day buy drums seperate.

M3wThr33

Banned
DGRP said:

Also can you play as 3 guitarists (Lead, Rhythm/Melody and Bass) at the same time? I probably know the answer but it won't hurt to ask.

That'd be a big surprise. Maybe if there were no drums.

dork

Banned
DGRP said:

Only one guitar and one bass part no diff from rhythm and lead.

any other questions, he told me i could ask him whatever so shoot

From what I've seen, you have drums, bass, lead, rhythm and keyboard in music studio, but lead is the instrument you play on guitar. Not rhythm.

GH moving towards a bass only future is so, so depressing.

Cronen

New songs confirmed:

Steve Miller Band - The Joker
Interpol - Obstacle 1
The Doors - Light My Fire
Linkin Park - In The End
Michael Jackson - Beat It
Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings

As well as confirmed artists, but their songs unkown

Nirvana
Muse
Beastie Boys
Van Halen
Foo Fighters

Link removed because of scans (Sorry!)

Don't think it is old, but if it is, sorry!

DGRP

UPDATE

Bold: Confirmed, Underlined: Leaked

Allman Brothers
The Answer -"Never Too Late"
At the Drive-In
Beastie Boys Feat. Kerry King - "No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn"
Billy Idol - "Rebel Yell"
Bon Jovi
Boston
Blind Melon
Blink-182
CCR
Coldplay
Def Leppard
The Doors - "Light My Fire"
Dream Theater
The Eagles
Fleetwood Mac
Foo Fighters - "Everlong"
Foreigner
Interpol - "Obstacle 1"
Jane's Addiction
Jimi Hendrix - Disc: "The Wind Cries Mary" "Purple Haze (Live)"/ DLC: "Little Wing" "Foxy Lady"
Jimmy Eat World
Korn
Lenny Kravitz - "Are You Gonna Go My Way?"
Linkin Park - "In The End"
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Metallica - DLC: "Death Magnetic Album"
Michael Jackson Feat. Eddie Van Halen -"Beat It"
Modest Mouse
Muse
Nirvana
No Doubt
Oasis
Ozzy Osbourne - "Crazy Train" "Mr.Crowley"
Paramore - "Misery Business"
The Police
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Steve Miller Band - "The Joker"
Smashing Pumpkins - "Bullet With Butterfly Wings"
Sublime - "Santeria"
Silversun Pickups
System of a Down
Ted Nugent - "Stranglehold"
Tool x3
Van Halen - "Hot for Teacher"

NEO Frog

Banned
Cronen said:
New songs confirmed:

Steve Miller Band - The Joker
Interpol - Obstacle 1
The Doors - Light My Fire
Linkin Park - In The End
Michael Jackson - Beat It
Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings

As well as confirmed artists, but their songs unkown

Nirvana
Muse
Beastie Boys
Van Halen
Foo Fighters

Link removed because of scans (Sorry!)

Don't think it is old, but if it is, sorry!
Kewel! "The Joker" and "Light My Fire" are great confirmations.

I see Blind Melon on one of these lists. Where did that come from? I'd love to have "No Rain" on GH:WT for some more hippy vibes!!!

Belgand

Considering we already know that it'll have "Hot for Teacher" (and they say that Van Halen is confirmed, but not the exact song) I think their info is suspect. Plus isn't "Everlong" confirmed and they merely suggested it, but said they didn't know what Foo Fighters song would be in it?

They also seem to be going all-out for GH with even that little box about how it's so totally not just Rock Band.

dork

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
You said a different Smashing Pumpkins song, but the rest line up. This gives you an A- rating. Tell me Rush are in and you get an A+

mind you the guy was doing it from memory and didnt just have a piece of paper in front of him ;p

DGRP said:
You also missed the LP song.

B+

i said the list was 3 songs short though ;)

123rl

The Joker is a very good choice. This is the kind of music I want to see more of in these games, rather than this week's latest fad

fresquito

So are these really confirmed? If so, yay for beat it. I love it. As much as I think Light My Fire will be somehow fun to play, it's really boring for singers. The End would've been more interesting though.

Father I want to kill you
Mother I want to...

Good times, good times :D

fresquito said:
So are these really confirmed? If so, yay for beat it. I love it. As much as I think Light My Fire will be somehow fun to play, it's really boring for singers. The End would've been more interesting though.
Dude, how do you think it's going to be on bass? :lol

Top Bottom