• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Too Human Review-93/100

Doytch said:
Yeah, I think Kit said SK didn't make a game, and Denis proved him wrong on GAF. Denis said that it caused some bad blood between them because Denis owned him or something, so when he found out Kit lives around Niagara Falls, DD invited him to the party to make amends.

It was actually a pretty nice gesture on Dyack's behalf. I wonder if Kit took him up on it.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
"Plus:
Very well written story,impressive graphics, explosive action,deep character development."
hmm.... greece magazine ey?

Mifune

Mehmber
By the way, I think the "deep character development" refers to the gameplay depth and not the story depth. As in building up your character with the LOOTZ and SKILLZ.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
disappeared said:
It was actually a pretty nice gesture on Dyack's behalf. I wonder if Kit took him up on it.
NO. Dyack lied about what happen on 1up yours and acted like he felt so bad because Kit supposedly stop posting here (which is untrue). Then he gave that offer on the show because he said he felt bad that he hurt Kitton's feelings. It was a bunch of BS. I hope Kitton didn't go out dignity.

Tobor

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11830950&postcount=1442

Tobor said:
Since Bish is in here, and possibly other Mods as well, I'll ask again. How is the official thread for this game going to be treated? I'm still buying this game, I'm hoping to enjoy it, and I'm hoping to have actual discussion about the game itself here on GAF, as always.

Is there too much bad blood at this point to expect that? Is a separation of Church and State even possible now?

bishoptl said:
Oh, it'll be fine. I'll string up a few bodies outside the gates as warning and you guys can get on with the chit-chat. I'm definitely going to be playing the game and in the thread.

Found it. Trolls beware.

Hypno Funk said:
Why do some "gamers" on this board want new games to fail?

Seems pretty lame to me.

Well when the developer start making excuses why his game isn't being shown well then his last excuse is to blame it on the onternet gaming community, I don't think a lot of people would be lining up for it.

Yeah I think we're going to wait until a few days before to post the official thread. Maybe the weekend before it comes out or something. I'm just going to start the writing itself this weekend. We're going to try to keep it as focused on the game itself as possible.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Ever since seeing My Big Fat Greek Wedding I've been unable to take Greece seriously. Sorry, Greece : (

37nlk.jpg

Mifune

Mehmber
ToyMachine228 said:
Yeah I think we're going to wait until a few days before to post the official thread. Maybe the weekend before it comes out or something. I'm just going to start the writing itself this weekend. We're going to try to keep it as focused on the game itself as possible.

I vote you put it up as soon as it's ready. There's gonna be plenty of info, reviews next week so it would be nice to have a catch-all thread. Unless you don't want review discussion (on second thought, maybe it's best to leave that stuff out).

Good luck!

[Nintex]

ToyMachine228 said:
Godspeed

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
TheRagnCajun said:
Even Lair got a few high scores.
oh crap this is gonna be it isn't it?

the line every gaffer (with a quivering heart by the thought of being owned by Dyack) will say?

lol i said it myself but i didn't think many will follow suit.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
nissin said:
good reviews or not. this game will sell 50k the most.

discount bin in 1 month confirmed.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol wut?
unless you were being sarcastic, you silly you

soco

i get this feeling this game is gonna have such a broad range of review scores. i figure it'll be kinda like Blue Dragon or something where it gets some 9/10s and some 6/10s ;)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
soco said:
i get this feeling this game is gonna have such a broad range of review scores. i figure it'll be kinda like Blue Dragon or something where it gets some 9/10s and some 6/10s

this is the most likely scenario.
like i said before, if the game will be judged entirely from a tech point, it's gonna be in trouble (again haven't played it, just saw the videos, listened to gaf and read the previews)
otherwise i can see it getting good reviews.

Philthy

soco said:
i get this feeling this game is gonna have such a broad range of review scores. i figure it'll be kinda like Blue Dragon or something where it gets some 9/10s and some 6/10s ;)

That's really not a broad range, really. People finding the game average to really good is typical of a lot of games, and it isn't anything to really hold against it.

If we see scores of 2 through 9, that would be considered a broad range. A love it or hate it.

But 6 to 10? That's more in line to thinking its a-ok to loving it. Which is typical.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Jinfash said:
this is the most likely scenario.
like i said before, if the game will be judged entirely from a tech point, it's gonna be in trouble (again haven't played it, just saw the videos, listened to gaf and read the previews)
otherwise i can see it getting good reviews.

<- waiting for sacred 2. Which everybody else should do. The devs and people in charge arent total dickheads, the character customization is probably deeper than too humans and the combat system will be far more interesting. Oh and it will have an open world.
Its right around the corner btw.

Jinfash said:
oh crap this is gonna be it isn't it?

the line every gaffer (with a quivering heart by the thought of being owned by Dyack) will say?

lol i said it myself but i didn't think many will follow suit.

If this game rocks, Gaf as a community will be collectively owned - so it won't be so bad. :lol

soco

Philthy said:
That's really not a broad range, really. People finding the game average to really good is typical of a lot of games, and it isn't anything to really hold against it.

If we see scores of 2 through 9, that would be considered a broad range. A love it or hate it.

But 6 to 10? That's more in line to thinking its a-ok to loving it. Which is typical.

that depends upon how you look at the score of 6 whether you consider 70s to be average or 50s to be average, really. when i see a 6/10 or 60% i think they're pretty much shit and can be skipped, and i find that's generally the case for most that i've seen. the difference between a 6 and a 1 is only for making fun of just how bad a game is :D

Tobor

Toma said:
<- waiting for sacred 2. Which everybody else should do. The devs and people in charge arent total dickheads, the character customization is probably deeper than too humans and the combat system will be far more interesting. Oh and it will have an open world.
Its right around the corner btw.

It's impossible to buy both, right?

mileS

Ikuu said:
Games Magazine from Greece, whoever they are.
Funny how 99% of the time these first reviews tend to be 90%+ and from a source that nobody has ever heard of before..

[Nintex]

TheRagnCajun said:
If this game rocks, Gaf as a community will be collectively owned - so it won't be so bad. :lol
Maybe blogs and sites will start running original news stories then, I always leave dissapointed when the source is GAF and I get this feeling of deja vu. Especially when they write shit like this "this just landed on our desk" , "according to our credible sources", if by sources you mean the post on GAF from 3 minutes ago then you're probably right.

ToyMachine228 said:
I will be writing the official thread for Too Human this weekend. It'll likely get posted some time next week.

if you do a gamertag roundup for phat lewt hunting, my tag is Liquidlynch13. I'm fucking pumped for this game, resubbed to live just for it
although gears 2 is a bonus
. Hell, i'm pumped for the official thread. WEWT!

RAGNAROK IS FINALLY APPROACHING

Mifune

Mehmber
mileS said:
Funny how 99% of the time these first reviews tend to be 90%+ and from a source that nobody has ever heard of before..

This is true.

I believe in the game, but yeah this is true.

TheRagnCajun said:

the game will be a 7/10 -> Dennis Dyack owned by GAF. i can't imagine that this game will be a hit.

X26

Banned
mileS said:

Makes sense, rushing a review out to be "FIRST!!!1!!!111" is an easy way for an unknown site/mag to get some attention

Philthy

solid2snake said:
the game will be a 7/10 -> Dennis Dyack owned by GAF. i can't imagine that this game will be a hit.

A 7/10 is pretty much a very good score to have for a game. The only way he'll lose is if we see 1 through 3s across the board I think.

You know, I will eat crow if the small sites rate it high. What I played of the game was absolutely shameful in production values.I smell payoff/sweethearting/mafia threat here. Dyack probably had Baldur go to their offices and threaten them all with the wrath of a cybernetic god.

I think a lot of people will be surprised on the sales for this. Coming right after the summer drought, fits the 360 userbase quite well, pre-order numbers looking good.

Yeah. I don't think the average reviews will be particularly special but I think it's going to get a fair chunk of sales.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Tobor said:
It's impossible to buy both, right?

Well, not impossible. But I prefer to buy the more promising game. And not everybody is capable of buying every AAA, AA and A game every month. So for those looking for a LOOT, character customization, action-rpg-fix, I see Sacred 2 as the better option.
But if you are just looking for a simple slasher to relax a bit and watch spices flow Too Human better fits that description it seems.
Just played through Sacred 1 during the last days again, and I cant help to shake my head about Too Human.

And about that review score:
My guess is that we will very likely see a few 4-5/10 scores of that game too. It very heavily depends on which game experience was made before. And I simply cant see someone looking for a deep customizable action-rpg with Sacred in mind giving this game a 10,9 or 8.

JudgeN

Psychotext said:
I think a lot of people will be surprised on the sales for this. Coming right after the summer drought, fits the 360 userbase quite well, pre-order numbers looking good.

Yeah. I don't think the average reviews will be particularly special but I think it's going to get a fair chunk of sales.

Sales =/ quality and if the full game turns out like the demo. Then its a shit game that doesn't deserve the sales its probably going to get. But your right it will probably sale pretty good even thought I hope it crashes and burns into the fiery pits of hell.

JudgeN said:
Sales =/ quality and if the full game turns out like the demo. Then its a shit game that doesn't deserve the sales its probably going to get.
I never said it did. I was simply addressing those that think this wont sell anything... I completely agree that it's possible to have a game that sells a ton even though it's not any good.

Top Bottom