• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uprising 44 keys now in the flying new year bundle.
(Should have announced this yesterday, but it was late. Sorry, Rhak-rhak)

Amazon has Bioshock Infinite 72% off (11.27$)
GreenManGaming has Namco Bandai deals up to 83% off
  • Pacman DX All You Can Eat Edition 83%
  • Pacman DX All You Can Eat Pack 50%
  • Pac Man Museum 75%
  • Pac Man DX 50%
  • Pac Man And the Ghostly Adventures 66%
  • MS Pac-man 50%
  • Enslaved 75%
  • Naruto 3 50%
  • Dark Souls 66%

Is this regional? I'm not seeing any Namco discounts on the US GMG site.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
These achievements though:

theseachievementsekuwr.png

I think they're onto us.
This is getting way too meta, I'm scared.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It would be pretty cool if cards were tied to achievements, instead of idling.

It would add incentive to play a game while strengthening the card market by reducing the supply and slowing the current plummet to $.08-ville.

Multiplayer-only games could focus effort into making desirable cards to lock behind certain achievements to boost playerbase.
No, no it wouldn't. Shut up, don't give Valve any ideas! :p

No, no it wouldn't. Shut up, don't give Valve any ideas! :p

It's already in the trading card/badge FAQ, so believe me, the idea is already out there. Quoting:

Trading Card drops are currently just tied to playtime within a game, independent of which achievements you are getting. We will definitely look into adding more rules for how cards are dropped in the future, but there are a few problems with in-game achievements that prevented us from using them right now. Many games have achievements that are grindy or un-fun to get, and we want the act of getting game cards to be fun for all users in games. We also don't want to push users to cheat or use achievement-unlockers in games in order to get cards, since that devalues achievements and isn't that fun either. Achievements are still valuable, and having the Achievement Showcase on your community profile is a great way to show off those rare achievements.

Deitus

I went to the Philly Pizza Company and ordered some hot tea. The waitress said, "Well no, we only have it iced." So I jumped up on the table and shouted "ANARCHY!" And somebody played a Beach Boys song on the jukebox. It was California Dreaming. So I started screaming. On such a winter's day.

Thank you for this. As soon as I saw Uzzy's post I had the exact same song stuck in my head.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Golf Club is dope. Pretty much the perfect place for procedural generation. I get a real Links 386 vibe from it too, and THAT AIN'T BAD.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
anyone planning to pick up Invisible Inc Early Access today? Looks pretty cool

I split the Soundtrack Edition with someone way back when; Steam keys were provided instantly. I think it was Grief. Also, Incognita is a far better title.

Turfster

I split the Soundtrack Edition with someone way back when; Steam keys were provided instantly. I think it was Grief. Also, Incognita is a far better title.

It was me! ;)

Cool. Didn't know that it will be out today. I will probably pick it up if the Midweeks and the new Humble don't interest me

Incognita is interesting. (yes, I will keep calling it that)
It's been an education watching it evolve over the months.

Volcynika

Yeah, I was bummed when they changed the name from Incognita, much better. I got it way back when too when it was alpha or whatever, but waited for the early access bit. Waiting for my soundtrack to be downloadable from the page someday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom