• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

In which region?
It's 9,99€ in my region
gold - 14,99€

edited: I think I know why are you asking, I can't see regional prices either, using Enchanted steam

EU doesn't get the regional pricing thing in Enhanced Steam, usually.
I always have to switch back to cc=us first, then back to my own for it to "stick" for that session.

You won't see Anno 1404 in any other region other than UK and the two EU regions because that app is not for sale anywhere else. It's Dawn of Discovery for the other regions like NA hence the hiccup. Go have a look-see at some region locked titles and you'll get the same thing ;)

Arthea

You won't see Anno 1404 in any other region other than UK and the two EU regions because that app is not for sale anywhere else. It's Dawn of Discovery for the other regions like NA hence the hiccup. Go have a look-see at some region locked titles and you'll get the same thing ;)

damn, you are right, I forgot it ... again (><)
I need to print huge poster with Dawn of Discovery words on them and keep it on the wall infront my eyes, it's only solution that I can see.

Hugstable

Banned
I just noticed there is now a Guilty Gear game on Steam. Am I tripping out and this has always been here or did this just get released yesterday?

MadGear

Anyone else having issues with paused background downloads recently? My global setting is to stop downloads when playing a game (I only allow it for singleplayer only games) and in fact they stop when I launch a game. But for some reason downloads will occasionally re-start even though I'm still in a game. This is really annoying when playing Dota 2 or CS:GO, easily fixed by manually pausing the download again but still annoying.

Deitus

So monthly threads are done? What a short lived initiative it was.

The Steam sale and an influx of new posters put a stop to that. But hey, we're down to two threads a month instead of the 3 we had last month. Maybe in September we can get it down to one thread a month.... maybe.

inm8num2

I'm late but couldn't resist:

STEAM | August II 2014 - Your games are hidden

--------

Also, I'm hoping HIB 12 launches today. Last numbered HIB was something like 6 months ago. The time feels right!

kudoboi

This is why we can't have nice things.

yeah.. will pre order MGS V right after my exams. I plan to make the day my exam ends the most glorious day ever. i am going to buy a new GPU (hopefully the GTX 880 will be out by then), a PS4, a new TV, a new headset and 8 games on that day

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not sure if it's been discussed here but I thought I'd give everyone a heads up in case it hasn't been. There is currently a glitch going around where people are able to send trade offers for CS:GO items where the scammer is able to take your stuff without you getting the items up for trade in return. This is a completely legitimate bug that Valve hasn't addressed yet, and people are getting their expensive knives stolen left and right by these weasels. It basically goes like this:

*PM me if you want details*

Until this bug is fixed by Valve, I'd suggest holding on to your knives. Or if you're doing a knife trade, be very certain that the user you're trading with has enough space in their CS:GO inventory to receive ALL of your items.

liezryou

Not sure if it's been discussed here but I thought I'd give everyone a heads up in case it hasn't been. There is currently a glitch going around where people are able to send trade offers for CS:GO items where the scammer is able to take your stuff without you getting the items up for trade in return. This is a completely legitimate bug that Valve hasn't addressed yet, and people are getting their expensive knives stolen left and right by these weasels. It basically goes like this:

Until this bug is fixed by Valve, I'd suggest holding on to your knives. Or if you're doing a knife trade, be very certain that the user you're trading with has enough space in their CS:GO inventory to receive ALL of your items.

I would remove the method to do that and just simply put the point to be wary of it. This is a huge forum and alot of lurkers i'm sure could take advantage.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

See this douchebag's inventory as an example of something to stay away from.
Holy shit, thanks for the heads up.

See this douchebag's inventory as an example of something to stay away from.

Russian Federation, what a surprise...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
^^ sorry NaM, can you edit that part out - I don't want any lurkers here taking advantage of people. Thanks! :)

I would remove the method to do that and just simply put the point to be wary of it. This is a huge forum and alot of lurkers i'm sure could take advantage.

Good point - I just want everyone here to be aware and stay safe. If anyone wants details on this, feel free to PM me.

Uzzy

x3cxwlx.png

Well that's Shan Gui finished with. Rather sweet little story, but with no choices or branching paths or whatever, it's very much a straight up visual novel. Pretty short too, it's more of a short story than anything. The backgrounds are pretty nice pieces of art, but the character designs are fairly poor, the eyes are especially off putting.

No idea on the cards though, as they don't seem to be enabled yet sadly. Guess I will have to idle later!

Milamber

Well that's Shan Gui finished with. Rather sweet little story, but with no choices or branching paths or whatever, it's very much a straight up visual novel. Pretty short too, it's more of a short story than anything. The backgrounds are pretty nice pieces of art, but the character designs are fairly poor.

*desire to post user's avatar rising*

Jawmuncher

Well that's Shan Gui finished with. Rather sweet little story, but with no choices or branching paths or whatever, it's very much a straight up visual novel. Pretty short too, it's more of a short story than anything. The backgrounds are pretty nice pieces of art, but the character designs are fairly poor, the eyes are especially off putting.

No idea on the cards though, as they don't seem to be enabled yet sadly. Guess I will have to idle later!

Glad it wasn't another Sakura Spirit fiasco.

I just added the developer since I wanna have some chinese friends on Steam and he offered me a key. We were just talking nicely.

Jawmuncher

We would just get a lot of shit with maybe 1 good game with a Konami Humble Bundle.
Bolded is what we would get.

Metal Gear Rising
Castlevania LoS
Castlevania LoS 2
Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate
PES
Saw
Battle Los Angeles
Rocket Knight
Yard Sale Hidden Treasures Sunnyville
Biozone
Puzzle Chronicles