• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's Shan Gui finished with. Rather sweet little story, but with no choices or branching paths or whatever, it's very much a straight up visual novel. Pretty short too, it's more of a short story than anything. The backgrounds are pretty nice pieces of art, but the character designs are fairly poor, the eyes are especially off putting.

No idea on the cards though, as they don't seem to be enabled yet sadly. Guess I will have to idle later!

What's the point of achievements in a game like that? Is it just a tool for developers to find out how many people actually finished their game?

Edit: I brought up the Walking Dead as a similar offender, but at least that game had puzzles of some sort.

New Bundlestars bundle
Titanium Bundle

Murder Miners 4-Pack
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Puddle
Wooden Sen'Sey
Super Lemonade Factory
Space Farmers 2-pack
Terrorhedron
Kill Fun Yeah
Project Root
Spy Chameleon

It seems line a very interesting bundle; I must admit I never heard before of any of those games, but reviews on Steam are positive for pretty much all of them so the average quality should be decent, so I feel I may cave in.

Grief.exe

x3cxwlx.png

Well that's Shan Gui finished with. Rather sweet little story, but with no choices or branching paths or whatever, it's very much a straight up visual novel. Pretty short too, it's more of a short story than anything. The backgrounds are pretty nice pieces of art, but the character designs are fairly poor, the eyes are especially off putting.

No idea on the cards though, as they don't seem to be enabled yet sadly. Guess I will have to idle later!

I have a hard time believing that she is 12 years old.

Uzzy

What's the point of achievements in a game like that? Is it just a tool for developers to find out how many people actually finished their game?

Edit: I brought up the Walking Dead as a similar offender, but at least that game had puzzles of some sort.

I imagine that would be a useful statistic to keep track of though. Just looking at the global achievement stats right now, I can see that there seems to be quite a drop off in the middle portion of the story, which suggests to me that the story could be better paced.

I imagine that would be a useful statistic to keep track of though. Just looking at the global achievement stats right now, I can see that there seems to be quite a drop off in the middle portion of the story, which suggests to me that the story could be better paced.

It could also suggest to you that the game hasn't been out very long and some people didn't finish the game in one sitting.

Puddle is worth a look.

Yeah, but also Spy Chamaleon, Terrorhedron, and the other games look interesting as well, the kind of games I usully buy only because they're in a bundle as I overlook them, but end up being much fun, speaking of which these recent days I've been playing Fly'n and I reckon it is a very good one.

Mokoi

Banned
Hey guys. Can someone invite me to the NeoGAF steam group? Or are there prerequisites? Finally got my laptop to work again!

Steam is: bcl98

You have to have TitS.

lol CS scammers usually try to go for people with knives. Then again I've had like 10 random people try to add me this past week since I have the Stat Trak Bright Water M4A1S... everytime I'm just like "NOPE"

I had forgotten to set my inventory back to private, and I'm pretty sure someone tried to scam me for my cases using that trick. They offered me a bunch of stat trak guns. I told them to piss off. Those are my sweet cases.

Grief.exe

Isn't that something you'd reserve to say to a judge?

Hahaha not you personally but the royal 'you'.

I just spit coffee all over the place.

I think the girl on the right is supposed to be 12 years old and the girl on the left is supposed to be older. But then I haven't played the game, so I could be wrong.

Uzzy posted a screenshot earlier indicating that the girl on the right is 12 years old.

Uzzy

I think the girl on the right is supposed to be 12 years old and the girl on the left is supposed to be older. But then I haven't played the game, so I could be wrong.

Correct, the girl on the left is meant to be a freshman university student. The girl on the right is the 12/13 year old one.

It could also suggest to you that the game hasn't been out very long and some people didn't finish the game in one sitting.

Also true!

Deitus

Uzzy posted a screenshot earlier indicating that the girl on the right is 12 years old.

Yeah, I saw that. I just thought you were referring to the bustier girl with your post.

It doesn't strike me as that hard to believe that the girl on the right is 12-13 years old.

Tizoc

Yeah, but also Spy Chamaleon, Terrorhedron, and the other games look interesting as well, the kind of games I usully buy only because they're in a bundle as I overlook them, but end up being much fun, speaking of which these recent days I've been playing Fly'n and I reckon it is a very good one.

Spy Chameleon's nice but it tends to require precise timing and fast reflexes in later stages :p I'd still recommend it since it has some nice ideas for a stealth-like game.
The chameleon's also a cute little fellow.

thanks to idle master, im incredibly suspicious of what people are "playing" on my friends list. I just assume everyone is idling, except for those lonely souls who are playing a uplay game.

Mokoi

Banned
... I don't have TitS.
Of course, I'm also not in the steam gaf group ;)

Ohohoho, turf is too good for some TitS

Damm, that is much better.

thanks to idle master, im incredibly suspicious of what people are "playing" on my friends list. I just assume everyone is idling, except for those lonely souls who are playing a uplay game.

I actually play my games when I'm on. I don't need to idle anymore, but I made sure to appear offline when I did.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

108.3 hours "in-game" in the last 2 weeks
132 games with card drops remaining
Has only actually played about 10 hours of Diablo III

Yep...

Milamber

It doesn't strike me as that hard to believe that the girl on the right is 12-13 years old.

But seriously, does it really matter? They are just drawings with artificial stats and scenarios tacked onto them. If that character tells me she's an oppai loli ingame, I'm inclined to believe them unless stated otherwise. Why should that color my perceptions on reality? What I do and what I desecrate is only limited to the game anyway.

EDIT: I have had like 4 mojitos for the past 2 hours so I may be a bit all over the place. Apologies in advance.

Jawmuncher

But seriously, does it really matter? They are just drawings with artificial stats and scenarios tacked onto them. If that character tells me she's an oppai loli ingame, I'm inclined to believe them unless stated otherwise. Why should that color my perceptions on reality? What I do and what I desecrate is only limited to the game anyway.

EDIT: I have had like 4 mojitos for the past 2 hours so I may be a bit all over the place. Apologies in advance.

I agree. For a drunk guy this all makes sense.

fantomena

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fantomena, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Wooden Sen'SeY -- MB-8AAE546764E87066 - Taken by KingDirk
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-31D7D60F2447FD15 - Taken by jfredsilva

Derp

arBz6Ng.png

This... This made my day. Not just the legendary Bad Rats gift part, but because of what he wrote.

For context: My Steam name is "The Stig" (yes, I'm a huge Top Gear fanboy!) and at the time the gift was sent I was playing Assetto Corsa. After hours of intense F1 laps around Imola, I quit Assetto to go to sleep. As soon as the game closed that was the first thing I saw.

Cocain Mountain, you are a legend. A Huge thank you. And that message was worth more than the gift to me.

So perfectly executed... I'm still laughing at it. Thank you once again!

MattyG

Banned
Insurgency is soooooooo good. Is there a group of Gaffers that plays? Or is to small of a game for that?\

Invisible, Inc. is set to go live soon:

Do we know what the pricing will be like? If it's cheap enough, I might grab it. Looks really great.

Saty

Crafted a LYNE badge; GEARPACK Arena 90% off, base price is $0.99 - final price $0.10
Awesome. And the game has cards to boot.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
New Bundlestars bundle
Titanium Bundle

Murder Miners 4-Pack
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Puddle
Wooden Sen'Sey
Super Lemonade Factory
Space Farmers 2-pack
Terrorhedron
Kill Fun Yeah
Project Root
Spy Chameleon

Murder Miners is a fun little Halo clone where you can build your own maps. It was an Xbox Live Indie game. It's pretty fun. It plays a lot like Halo, but with some added stuff like boosting and walljumping. $5 is a pretty steep price if you just want the game, though, even though it's a 4-pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom