• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Dakpo on Palutena:

"That character is trash"

"Like low tier trash"

5%2831%29.png

Axass

Guy won and immediately shat on the game, saying it's Brawl 2.0...

Even from the little I've played of the demo it's clear that's not true.

smh

ffdgh

Dakpo on Palutena:

"Like low tier trash"

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130706024617/danganronpa/images/d/d1/5%2831%29.png[img][/QUOTE]

[quote="Axass, post: 129901763"]Guy won and immediately shat on the game, saying it's Brawl 2.0...

Even from the little I've played from the demo it's clear that's not true.

smh[/QUOTE]

The coming months for the smash 4 metagame is going to be so interesting to watch.

Cant ban some selected FDs...
Just make it simple, play on the standard FD along with other stages

I mean, why would fighting Mega Man on an FD without walls be fine but fighting him on an FD with walls would be absolutely unacceptable? I don't understand your example.

emb

Even from the little I've played from the demo it's clear that's not true.

smh
You don't think so? I definitely feel like it is.

I mean, it's definitely seen improvements. Hence the 2.0. But it's very much in the same direction and feel that Brawl had.

dmcAxle

Neo Member
Dakpo on Palutena:

"Like low tier trash"

5%2831%29.png

Her non default moves are pretty good so her viability in tournaments depends on whether or not they will be legal I think. Though yeah she is probably weaker in glory mode where customs are banned.

Fiktion

Banned

Even from the little I've played of the demo it's clear that's not true.

smh

You're taking that out of context. The rest of his sentence said that Brawl needed only a few changes to be a competitive game and that he's pleased with Smash 4.

I thought he said it was Brawl 2.0 but that's what he wanted because Brawl only needed some improvements to be competitive or did I misunderstand?

I mean, I don't agree with him, but I thought that's what he said.

Axass

You don't think so? I definitely feel like it is.

I mean, it's definitely seen improvements. Hence the 2.0. But it's very much in the same direction and feel that Brawl had.

It's closer to Brawl than to Melee, sure. Saying it's Brawl 2.0 implies little to no changes.

You're taking that out of context. The rest of his sentence said that Brawl needed only a few changes to be a competitive game and that he's pleased with Smash 4.

I admit I didn't hear that, my stream died right after the "Brawl two dot o" part and I had to refresh, I swear.

Nanashrew

Banned
I thought he said it was Brawl 2.0 but that's what he wanted because Brawl only needed some improvements to be competitive or did I misunderstand?

I mean, I don't agree with him, but I thought that's what he said.

He did. Just that "brawl 2.0" has some very negative connotations to it and people will really crap on it for that.

Tenck

The dominance of zero suit Samus starts now. I haven't found a character that I like half as much as her. I play Zelda too, but she ain't no zss.

roknin

I missed it myself (was out at an event) but if that's what he said in full, then I can agree completely actually. After all, it wasn't that Brawl was a bad game, it just had things that severely hurt it competitively.

From what I've seen, a lot of that seems to have changed. Its not Melee, but it is certainly not bad at all and seems much more viable competitively than Brawl was.

How many?

1 on the first page, but that can be cleared in Practice Mode, so you don't actually need to StreetPass people. There's 3 on the second page, and as far as I'm aware, those can't be obtained in Practice. You also get 3 Golden Hammers for the page, but... as if I'm going to taint my Challenge wall with that! Not sure how many are on the third page.

Tenck

so for those that live in japan or imported it hows the online compared to brawl?

It's about a million times better than brawl. I'm in the states playing with people in Japan with pretty much zero lag. I've played it for like 12 hours since I got it yesterday. Would easily be double that if I didn't have twelve hour shifts on the weekends lol.

Damn sleep getting in the way of smash too.

PK Gaming

1 on the first page, but that can be cleared in Practice Mode, so you don't actually need to StreetPass people. There's 3 on the second page, and as far as I'm aware, those can't be obtained in Practice. You also get 3 Golden Hammers for the page, but... as if I'm going to taint my Challenge wall with that! Not sure how many are on the third page.

Reminds me of Kid Icarus: Uprising all over again

20 Streetpasses challenge nooooooooooooooooooo

georly

Yeah, i'm gonna have to set up home pass soon to finish those. Most of the other challenges are pretty easily doable. Even lvl 9 classic mode isn't the end of the world w/ practice and the right character. Falcon knee destroys master core.

I think in order to not burn myself out for US launch, i'm gonna save challenges for my US copy. It'll basically be playing for fun until it comes out, now that i've unlocked everyone and all the stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom